Unfulfilling Isekai Simulator (formerly known as NPC Sim 2)

Wow! I’ve just made it through my first playthrough (best girl + angry one) and it was absolutely great! I really enjoyed the writing throughout (grammar was honestly not too distracting) and was pleasantly surprised by the character interactions.

I’m almost tempted to play through with each pairing as opposed to just 3 runs just to cover all the gals… but I also do NOT have the time in my life for that :laughing:

Great job with this so far – I can’t wait to see where this goes in the future! This thread is high-up on the list of what I will continue to obsessively check every time I visit this site :wink:

3 Likes

Chikin and I had some talks about this, we ended up with the excuse of it being a part of the immersion. Your character gets isekaied, he shouldn’t know the adventurers well and it ends up with a blind pick. It can be our way of making you guys play more than once too.

We are glad you like it! And I’m sorry about the grammar I couldn’t spot all the spelling mistakes. We promise to get better next chapter

1 Like

I can see that, though I do feel there should be something of an introduction. With a couple exceptions, I couldn’t even tell you what classes each of the adventurers is, and I’d like to keep the minimum necessary functional in order to properly defend me from any threats Lady Fate sees fit to send my way.

Also, are there any plans for the PC to gain weight? I saw that s/he has a weight level on the status screen, and looking at myself in the mirror gave a description of appearance focused on my rising weight, however slight.

This really is an amazingly written game. The dialogue alone makes me want to do multiple play throughs. And I believe we can all agree that there is only one proper way to spell words like armoUr, honoUr, and favoUrite.

And yes, the capital U’s are necessary.

2 Likes

The only thing it made me to is restart the game until I had the one I wanted. I thing it’d be enough if we could see which character that name belongs to, as at that point people really don’t remember it most of the time.

1 Like

So can u actually find her glasses?

Yeah, this might have just been a drawback to the original premise having a flaw. Fairly large cast and ya gotta chose 2. There can either be a long intro where ya get to get a feel for all the characters. But then you got a long intro you will need to replay if you want to go back and try new things. Or keep it shorter and less waiting but ya got a blind choice. I think we ended up making the best choice at the time given the set up, premise, and the flaws both of those bring. But what I think is true and what is true are 2 different things and hindsight is 20-20. Maybe we might find a better way to redo it all later on.

4 Likes

I sent you a private message to not spoil things

3 Likes

Can I just say I absolutely LOVED this short little romp? I think you’re really selling your writing skills short man, I really like all these characters! Even the more subdued personalities of the group were never boring. I can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store next, if you do.

4 Likes

Absolutely loved this, the characters were great, the scenes were wonderful and the humor actually made me laugh quite a few times. Wonderful job. Lexi is probably my favorite followed closely by Rae but I honestly love all of them to pieces.

One thing I want to give special shout out to is that the plot going on and the world building is actually really interesting and reminds me of some D&D games I have been in. Few fetish games have this level of interesting world building, the few I could name have all been amazing. It speaks highly of the projects future in my opinion. Can’t wait for more.

Can I get in on this? I think I might know some things but I have only played through 4ish times now and might have missed some things.

2 Likes

What am i supposed to do after finishing Jackrabbit and Sarah’s events/quests in the town?
I don’t see any option to advance the story

thats probably because its only chapter one. chapter 2 will most likely start once you leave the town.

1 Like

Unfortunately, once you finish the forager events in town. That is most of the major content for a given playthrough. There are a couple of other things to do in town, but they are hardly major things to do. This is just chapter 1 after all.

I am myself a rather crappy DM. So the D&D comparison hits pretty spot on. I guess once a DM, always a DM. And along those lines…

Jokes aside, I like playing around with character ideas. It just comes from playing too many TTRPGs. Although to be honest, both myself and idknw spent alot of time developing and refining (and in one case re-developing and re-refining) the characters. The characters are just as much his as they are mine, so I can’t take all the credit.
I’m glad the characters seem to be well liked all and all. Some of the characters I thought might be more overlooked at first, due to the characters nature. But it seems that was not the case.

5 Likes

I had fun with what was here. I wound up doing two playthroughs and then just cheated and looked at the image files in the folders to see what else I had missed. As far as gameplay and the day/night phases, I’m guessing you’ll be able to change your foraging team between chapters? I do like that there are unique opportunities presented specifically for the team you assemble, but I’m not sure if I want to be locked in for the entire game.

The other segments where the team is on the map teased an interesting premise insofar as having the state of your party determine their usefulness in helping you find treasure, rations, etc. and I liked the idea of having to select characters for tasks.

In terms of the fetish elements, I appreciated the slow burn, phased weight gain being used in tandem with stuffing. The incremental updates to the character portraits were well implemented and the dialogue is all great. I do wish that there were some unique images for the end of chapter content though.

Nice work so far!

5 Likes

This game is in my top 5 for this forum now, great job on it, the foraging mechanic has been amplified on, and it works better than in the last one (although the foraging in the last one was decent), i’m anticipated for the next chapter

4 Likes

I’m glad you had some fun with our game :smiley:

I sent you a PM because the answer spoils chapter 1’s ending.

Thanks a lot! It’s good to see hard work paying off.
About the future chapters and the weight gain, I did explain some of it on this post:

I think it’s best to edit my first post on this thread so this information doesn’t get lost.

Whoa! Top 5! Thanks for the compliment! The team is delighted to hear this.
This chapter was homage to the first game, so we are glad it turned better and you appreciate it :smiley:

5 Likes

this game is frickin amazing! i cannot wait to see how the finished game will look…in the most likely not soon future considering how hard writing and programming is. i grant thy creators the rank of chad

5 Likes

Could you drop a hint about the glasses? I have no idea what I’m supposed to do about them.

Just keep looking, you might have to try on another day.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I got it to work after completing a save with all the characters romanced. I was skipping through dialogue, though, so I missed what it said.

4 Likes

Spoilers: I analyzed the maps and there isn’t any event for it image