Voracious! FAQ

So, in light of a little bit of interest, I have created a small FAQ about the game to explain a few things. Here goes!

Voracious! A Furry RPG where you stuff your face! (FAQ)

What is ?Voracious!??

?Voracious!? Is a project made by me, Nuumi, for those who enjoy a moderately paced weight gain, food play or vore scenario. The idea of the game is that you start off with a small stomach capacity, and work with your friends to eat, fight, earn gold and ultimately pursue the greediest and/or fattest you can be. With perks and traits engineered for feeders, food play, vore enthusiasts, force feeding, playing a prey character, I hope to make Voracious! A game that can be enjoyable for everyone in the weight gain and stuffing community.

How does it play?

The two core concepts of the game are ?Stuffing Checks? and ?Contests?. A stuffing check is a dice roll that gets harder the more your character eats over their ?stomach capacity?, but doing so will cause their belly to stretch out for next time. A failure can result in vomiting, or even death by overeating, so know your limits but push push push! A contest is a dice roll with various modifiers including stats, bonuses from the situation and perk bonuses against another player or NPC to decide the outcome of a class. Having a cooking contest? Trying to beat someone up? Having a race? All of it is contests. Chances are, if it?s not eating, it?s a contest!

Can I run a game?

The short answer right now is no. The system of Voracious is slightly complicated in the fact that a GM needs a bespoke calculator to run the game. It is a half-way hybrid of a text adventure and a group RPG, bringing imagination and group interaction and flexibility to a mathematical system. This calculator currently runs on a badly thrown together excel macro sheet (I?m not a programmer, that?s all I know how to do) but I currently have someone making an executable, and after that and the GM?s guide are made, I will release the game to be run by others.

Can I get involved?

Yes! I?m always looking for new ideas and the best way to organise a group for Voracious is to approach me and let me know you?re intested. I tend to try and knit people around time zones, but given how I am a university student in England, my times can be sporadic, but I try to make sure I have at least a decent amount of time for my US and Australian friends! One again, get me on BubblegumMio on Furaffinity, Nuumi on F-list, or here on the WG forums and lets have a chat!

How long ?til the game is finished?

Voracious is a large project for me, and balancing has proved harder than I originally thought, but the skeleton of the game is getting stronger by the day, and after that, it?s just a matter of fleshing it out. Luckily, a lot of Voracious comes from the players imagination, so each game is guaranteed to be new and different to the last.

I don?t like Vore, is it essential?

Not at all! The game works just as fine with large amounts of food, so vore can be avoided if players are not interested. Obviously, if a group has mixed feelings, those less inclined to Vore may be asked to tolerate other players enjoyment of it, and enjoy their mixed fish banquet in the local restaurant rather than trying to devour a hapless rat man that made the wrong decision on who to mug.

If you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Are there specific character types, or classes in Voracious? If so, what are they?

Voracious! Has 10 Unique ā€˜Speciesā€™ All with their own perks and abilities, and in those species are various ā€˜classificationsā€™ which add yet another depth of ability to your character. These are both your base appearance, and your class. For example:

Seafolk Stats-
STR- 1/4 DEX- 2/5 AGI- 3/6 CON- 2/5 INT- 2/4 WIL- 2/5 CHA- 2/6
Stomach Capacity- 10lbs
Digestion Rate- 12%
Metabolism- 85%
Starting Weight/Height- 120lbs-190lbs (85% as lean), 5ā€™6-7ā€™

This is the starting array for a character born from the ocean. This includes merfolk, sharks and sirens! However, the classifications are not set in stone, and a GM can give you custom classifications based on what you want! Then, perks are awarded for the species too! For example:

Insect- Your base walking weight limit is increased by 50%
-Arachnid- You have poison in fangs, claws or stingers which can completely immobilise a target if you best them in a dex vs con contest. This prevents the struggle penalty when eating live prey
-Queen (female only)- You start with two drones, smaller versions of your species that will do your bidding. They can be ordered to scavenge food, defend you, or attack an enemy. If one dies, it will automatically respawn at the next break. By sacrificing 30% of your lean weight in fat, you can become pregnant with a new drone, which after 3 days will be born and serve you like the others.
-Bee- You can fly and gain a flight weight limit of 70% of your base weight limit. You have a thorax that produces 10% of its capacity in high fat honey every hour (updates at break, starting capacity 5lbs). Your thorax may be stretched like a stomach, but you must roll a stuffing check for it every time new honey is added.

This allows over 30 different races to play, with the potential for even more than that!

[quote=ā€œNuumi, post:3, topic:785ā€]Voracious! Has 10 Unique ā€˜Speciesā€™ All with their own perks and abilities, and in those species are various ā€˜classificationsā€™ which add yet another depth of ability to your character. These are both your base appearance, and your class. For example:

Seafolk Stats-
STR- 1/4 DEX- 2/5 AGI- 3/6 CON- 2/5 INT- 2/4 WIL- 2/5 CHA- 2/6
Stomach Capacity- 10lbs
Digestion Rate- 12%
Metabolism- 85%
Starting Weight/Height- 120lbs-190lbs (85% as lean), 5ā€™6-7ā€™

This is the starting array for a character born from the ocean. This includes merfolk, sharks and sirens! However, the classifications are not set in stone, and a GM can give you custom classifications based on what you want! Then, perks are awarded for the species too! For example:

Insect- Your base walking weight limit is increased by 50%
-Arachnid- You have poison in fangs, claws or stingers which can completely immobilise a target if you best them in a dex vs con contest. This prevents the struggle penalty when eating live prey
-Queen (female only)- You start with two drones, smaller versions of your species that will do your bidding. They can be ordered to scavenge food, defend you, or attack an enemy. If one dies, it will automatically respawn at the next break. By sacrificing 30% of your lean weight in fat, you can become pregnant with a new drone, which after 3 days will be born and serve you like the others.
-Bee- You can fly and gain a flight weight limit of 70% of your base weight limit. You have a thorax that produces 10% of its capacity in high fat honey every hour (updates at break, starting capacity 5lbs). Your thorax may be stretched like a stomach, but you must roll a stuffing check for it every time new honey is added.

This allows over 30 different races to play, with the potential for even more than that![/quote]

Hey since i know you have a DA, maybe we can collaborate with this

If thereā€™s any tools/software I can provide to better facilitate collaboration on the forums, please feel free to suggest them.

If thereā€™s any tools/software I can provide to better facilitate collaboration on the forums, please feel free to suggest them.[/quote]

yea, i hope there are some software for it, maybe something like discord.

The IRC Chat already provides chat communications. Iā€™m not sure if voice chat provided by the server would necessarily add anything on that front.

Well, i was just thinking out loud (if that phrase works in text) and i was thinking something outside the forum to communicate

ā€¦ ???

This makes sense entirely. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there an official character sheet for the game? Or do you have to make your own for your character?

Also, the Vore section of 0.61 mentions at the end of stage 3:

If the pred reaches their 3rd gulp check and the prey has not reduced the number of hits below 3 again, they are trapped, and usually die, though some perks effect this.

But I couldnā€™t find any perks affecting this, were they removed at some point or can I just not find them?

Iā€™m just wondering if anyone will play with me if the time comes, since no one I know actually likes this WG sort of stuff

iā€™d be willing once itā€™s actually out

edit, after doing some research looks like the projectā€™s dead.

1 Like

Ah, so this therefore means that you can have more than 100% of your thoraxā€™s total capacity in honey? What exactly is the penalty for failing a stuffing check?

Are you supposed to be able to take Alternate Stomach (3BP) multiple times?

Hello. I made an account for replying to this thread, cause I was interested.

Is there ANY discord server that utilizes this system, official or not?

If so, can I gen an invite to this server?

After Reading up on the creators Journal Page, I have noticed that they have dropped the project. That, and the official discord was dropped.

My original post or less still stands. If anyone has a server where they play TTRPGā€™s (Be it this one or anything similar), Iā€™d be interested in joining.