We need less humans and much more sex in our fat & WG games.

• title has 1 ‘we’
  • post has 0 ‘we’ and 7 ‘I’

Do the meth

1 Like

is that a quote from bigweld

More than likely tbh.

While I agree, I would love to see more male content, it’s definitely harder for creators to channel their work into something they don’t like
So I know I would find it fairly difficult to include female weight gain, as that’s not something I’m into
This kinda goes for the rest of the post, if the content creators aren’t into it, then it’s not gonna happen, unless you find some others who enjoy the same things as you and do something about it

2 Likes

I agree with the less humans, more sex . . . not so much

This fascinates me, simply because there is a severe lack of humans in wg artwork in general. Some of the best wg art I’ve ever seen would be improved 1,000x if the subjects were human instead of some humanoid wolf or a dragon lady. It blows my mind that with so few humans in wg art in general, anyone would actually ask for fewer humans.

It takes all types but…damn. Why doesn’t anyone like humans? It genuinely boggles my mind.

7 Likes

While I don’t know how accurate it is that humans are less prevalent (I see plenty of human stuff on places like DeviantArt), I think it might be an uncanny valley thing. After all, more extreme weight gain can start stretching skin (or body proportions) in odd ways. Or maybe it’s an all-in mindset for “taboo” stuff. In my personal experience I see more human stuff instead of an eve balance in writing/text adventures,which might support the uncanny valley idea.

2 Likes

As a furry, someone who likes sex, and while debugging there own game has just had an NPC start pleasuring himself while I was trying to talk to them, I have to say I still disagree with the basic premise of this thread.

I’d much rather have a game that tells a story well, engages me, than just panders to my fetishes. Corruption of Champions is an interesting case: progress is rewarded with sex-scenes. But while I enjoyed reading them the first time around, by the 10th or 100th time that scene played out, unchanged, it really wasn’t compelling or rewarding. Fast forward a few years and then there’s other progression, new areas and so on to unlock, and it’s a much better experience. Though, for me, it has a problem in that it tries to cater for all combinations with most of the characters, so there’s so many herms in there. I only remember one character who was particularly (realistically?) picky about who they had sex with.

If the world your building has no furries in it, or no humans in it, then fine; don’t try to wedge them in to expand the player demographic. If it’s natural for the characters to want to engage in sex, then fine, but again wedging it in because a part of the audience demands it won’t feel right. CoC sets out it’s world right at the start, and the premise is right there in the title, so it works.

I do agree with the various posters who say writing sex scenes is hard. Writing sex scenes for things you have no desire for or have never experienced is harder still. It’s not simply a case of carrying around a few extra variables in your game, and then having a conditional for each kind of pairing - that’s the easy bit. It’s the content that’s hard; the closest I’m every going to get to a M/M anal scene is probably my yearly colonoscopy!

One thing about furry though, that’s been true since Aesop, is that it allows both reader and writer to put some distance between the story (or art) and reality. Things that you would be off putting closer to home can be explored. Someone can look at, say, a super-sized fox and appreciate their form, but make that character human and the same person becomes worried about the character’s health, and may start to feel ashamed of themselves for liking it (initially?).

Is there a lot of fat furry art? Yes, yes there is - but it might surprise people to know it’s a relatively recent thing. Is there a lot of fat human art too? Yes, some of it is hanging in galleries, or is displayed in public, but you’ll find it on the 'net in different places to the furry art - there’s not really a shortage. And of course there’s one art form that’s not really available to furry artists: photography.

8 Likes

I’d respectfully agree with those who say that if what you’re after doesn’t exist, the best solution is to write your own. If you write your own game then you can cater to exactly what floats your boat the most :slight_smile: Yeah, it’s a lot of work (as I’m discovering with mine!), but it’s also a hell of a lot of fun! Not to mention rewarding.

I’m also not a great fan of sex (visual or written) in a game. Everybody likes slightly (or completely!) different stuff when it comes to sex, and unless the writer happens to be totally in tune with your personal preferences, any sex scene can come across as corny/awkward at best… and a total turn-off at worst.

5 Likes