weight gain based puzzle game

So a few days ago i made a post about how im planning on making a game with mechanics based on weight gain. To summarize, i want to make a 3d game in godot (Unity is out of the question and UE is too complex) with hopefully some jiggle physics and real-time weight gain using morph targets.
I started thinking of ideas and i came to the concussion that a puzzle game would be an awesome idea. One of my favourite games of all time is portal, so i figured i could make a game like it. Some other games i may take as reference are qube 1 and 2, entropy center and talos principle.

The main concept would be puzzles around weight gain.
These are some mechanics that come to mind:
-inertia
-speed based on weight
-weight sensitive pressure plates
-Time based: the more time that passes, the more weight the character gains. That could affect how and if the puzzle can be solved
-Related to the previous point, something that reverts it, adding to the complexity.

This is just a concept that came to mind. Now , i ask you:
-Do you like the idea?
-What do you wanna see in a game like that?
-What other mechanics come to mind?
-Also, any suggestions that you have are welcome.

I havent done anything real yep, im only on the concep phase. Although this would technically be my first game, is not my first time working with programming, 3d modelling, game engines, etc. Don´t expect any results any time soon but i will keep you updated if this comes to be a reality.

3 Likes

Entropy Center sounds like a good reference, you could do something similar with reversing weight gain. Maybe the character always starts small, then they have to get big enough for the pressure plates and shrink back down enough to fit through an exit.

Doorways might be a fun challenge with getting to big but yea sounds interesting to me