CHANGELOG FOR v0.7, v0.71, & v0.74 ARE BELOW THE DOWNLOAD LINKS
Hi, I’m GLWuffie, a fatfur artist working on a few projects. One of the projects is called Weighted Dice (formerly just “Dice Game” based on the artist JayTee and their Dice Game comics).
The main goal of the game is to roll the dice and based on how much you roll, your character gains that much weight… it’s an interesting setup for a comic (JayTee’s Dice Game 1 & 3) but offers little in gameplay. So I added a boardgame concept with it (JayTee’s Dice Game 2) but instead of events happening (yet) there’s simple bonus spaces that use a colored card system. Right now it’s purely local play, no plans to do online play as of now BUT if you do want to play someone online, you can use a program like Parsec.
The first character to go from 105 lbs. to 700 lbs. wins.
- If you have any cards, you may activate/deactivate one if you choose to.
- Roll the dice.
- Based on how much you roll you not only go forward that many spaces, but you gain based on what you rolled (unless you land on a Dark Space, which usually prevents you from gaining).
- If you roll doubles you get a small bonus (which can help negate a Dark Space a bit).
- If you land on a colored tile:
- If you lack that color card, you get that card.
- If you have that color card and it’s ACTIVE, you get a multiplier to your gain based on the color.
- If you have that color card and it’s NOT ACTIVE:
- If your opponent doesn’t have that color, they get it as well.
- If your opponent does have it and it’s ACTIVE: you lose what you roll.
- If your opponent does have it and it’s NOT ACTIVE: …nothing happens, normal gain.
- The gain is calculated and the turn ends.
- If no one has reached 700, the next turn begins with the opposite player.
- More characters (11/30/19: Added 2 so far)
- Starting loadout bonuses
- Multiple/Random board types
- More music tracks/sfx (11/30/19: Added quite a few)
- Proper title Screen, character select screen, options and menus. (11/30/19: This was most improved, still need a bit more)
- Mouse support (10/30/19: Done)
- Other platform support (mobile / Mac / Linux depending on the requirements and popularity)
- POSSIBLE Story/Challenge mode?
- POSSIBLE Twitch integration (this one’s a bit far off, but keeping this one in mind early on which is one of the reasons the characters are represented by Red/Blue teams).
Why only Patreon (early access)?
As stated before I have quite a few projects in the works. I’ve been promising my patreons a few game ideas but some of them had some annoying bugs/a ton more work involved I wasn’t able to deliver a satisfying playable demo. This WILL be released to the public… but patrons will get early access as well as maybe a few other bonuses. I’ve owed a bit to my patrons and this is one of the way I’m making up for it (plus the support and income really help me to dedicate more time to work on it).
CHANGELOG for v0.7
New title graphics
Major upgrade to Gainer Select and Game Board design
Added multiple stages with different music/designs
Sinclaire and Olivia are now playable
Character portraits have been changed and have multiple states
A few more quality of life changes
Character sprites and mechanics are the next focus for the next update
Nothing in this build is final~
CHANGELOG for v0.71
- Added new board designs for each level
CHANGELOG FOR v0.74
- Android version doesn’t quit entirely, but now will restart at the beginning if you restart the app unless Force Quit(ed).
- Added a “cab” on the Gainer Select screen akin to Street Fighter 2’s character select screen.
- Updating a few music files.
- Made it so that changing cards is not final until pressing the dice block. This should help avoid misclicks and mistakes.
- Added a rudimentary fourth card that spawns on regular tiles from the person in the lead. A lot of effects planned, but only two similar (Passive) ones are used for now.
- Fixed the winning/losing sprites prematurely animating before the gain calculation is finished.
- Fixed a few minor graphics appearing wrong
Screenshots: (as of Beta v3)
If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know!
-ps Fun Fact: The Rebbecca sprite was originally from another project I was working on for RJS. I used that as a basis for the GL sprite.