Whole Hog - Version 1.5.1 (Bugfix) Update (PC and Mac) Now on Patreon! Version 1.4.2 now linked here for free!

Hi there! Just finished the latest version on your patreon, I see great potential in this project! Danielle is really cute! And I think your vision will really come true in the end,

As someone else pointed out, there was a scene where Danielle stated that I confuse her since I’m supportive of her weight gain and also make these “backhanded comments” but I never do, I never make any backhanded comments at all!

I also think more choices should be available, there are some moments where Danielle will ask for the MC’s opinion on her looks, or the MC’s thoughts on things where I felt like I was about to make a choice, there isn’t any. I don’t know if you plan to put choices there in the end, but having no choices in moments like that make it feel more like reading a book.

There’s also some names switched around sometimes. and if nothing happens at work I think work could be fewer clicks. Other then that I think you should be able to do more in one day, its kinda weird that after work when giving Danielle a Snack its night time. Being able to do just 2 things just kinda sucks.

I had to get used to the sprite system you use, but its good! I like seeing the different emotions they go through while talking, however, the scaling is kinda weird. It feels like everyone is tiny.

Maybe you could also add the weight gain more of a weight reveal, for it was odd that one day her sprite was skinny, and then a day later suddenly her sprite is chubby, not mentioning her gain at all unless I went to go eat with her. You don’t have to slowly plump up the sprite, that would take more effort and make a next weight stage not feel like a reward. I think you could build up to it more, like her mentioning she put on a few all ready (even though we can’t see that) or her mentioning her clothes are tighter for sure, just a few dialogue hints that we are on the right track!

I’ve read that you’ve never did anything like this before so I’m really impressed with what you’ve done! Its really great and I cannot wait to see more of this project!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

• I do love that idea of building up the gain with some comments, that’s definitely going in the next update!

• I’m looking into making the sprites bigger, this is a great suggestion a few people had. The sprites do take some getting used too, the only reason I do it is for speed, each fully rendered scene was 2.5 hours, a sprite takes about 5 minutes. I have a small laptop I’m working on so I can’t code while I render or else this wouldn’t really be an issue.

• I’ve heard about the name thing, it must have been when I tried a quick fix, lol slow and steady is the way to go it seems.

• I’ll have to look into her wrong reaction, that must’ve been an error in my coding. At what point in the game did you run into this?

• for the time blocks I’ll probably extend them beyond two after the next update for 1.3 that update will focus on adding new activities, more activities should mean more time to do them! Same for the office, I’m planning on adding a character that you can interact with (besides the passive office assistant), but for that I’m waiting to update the background so I can add some scenes there

Thanks for the support and ideas!

• HH

No problem! I’d love nothing more for you then to continue this project! Got lots of respect for going through the whole process of learning how to do this just so we all have another great weight gain game to enjoy!

Danielle told me I confuse her in her final weight stage so far, right before you take her to dinner which is followed by the final scene.

More characters to interact with sound great! Keep up the good work, you have my support!

Thank you!

One other follow up question. For the dinner option, did you use the appetite stimulant option a lot?

I used it regulairly, I kinda switched between weight gain powder and appetite stimulant! I also must say that this is an awesome feature in the game, I don’t know if the appetite stimulant will only make her eat more of that meal, or more in general, if its in general, maybe add a comment that she tells you she’s alot hungrier these days! I also love the cooking feature!

I’m glad! It was a challenge to figure out coding wise.

The WG powder will make her gain more that day and the stim will have her eat more just that meal. But it pushes her past her already considerable appetite level. This makes her feel embarrassed about her capacity and in turn bad about her gain. This could lead to those misplaced comments at the end of the current version. I’ll either have to change the dialogue at the end of the version, or during that “stuffed” scene at dinner to clarify the effects. It’s pretty unclear the way I have it right now lol.

Thanks again!

• HH

Ah I see! That might be it then! thanks for making that clear! Once again keep it up! sometimes you just have to try things right?

1 Like

It makes sense that the appetite stimulant will cause the negative dialogue, because I used that as well. I will say that as a user it isn’t at all obvious that the stimulant led to that, so maybe the dialogue can be tweaked a little bit to make that more apparent?

1 Like

That’s a great suggestion, I’ll be tweaking that dialogue for the next update!

And on we go!

Now that a while has gone by and I’ve received some great suggestions, the work continues! I’ve already figured out and implemented making the sprites bigger. The wrong names have been fixed, and story re-writes have begun!

The story re-writes will include updated dialogue to reflect the conflicted feelings Danielle will have if she goes “too far”. They will also pepper in some backstory for our leading lady. To make her character more three dimensional as it is.

The next thing I’m going to focus on is changing up the buttons, I’ll remove the talk button as it’s superfluous right now. I’ll also make it so that when you get into the apartment all room buttons are available. The original intent was to make it feel as if you were navigating through the space, but that seems tedious with the kitchen being the only place action happens.

This is the main focus of the next (Dec. 15-20ish) update. There will also be a new weight stage and updated character sprite for either Rachel or Kim (I’m leaning towards Kim).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

• HH
4 Likes

Glad to hear this! I’m looking forward to the improvements! I hope other characters will also mention their weight gain!

I really like Danielle’s character, she’s adorable and I love the concept that she just cannot resist food! I really hope the stories get more fleshed out!

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Out of town

Hey all!

Production continues!

For the next week it will not however. I’m going on a road trip and will not have my laptop with me. I’m back next week and will pick it back up then. I’ll still have my phone so I’ll be able to pop in and see things here.

Hope you all have a great week!

HH

6 Likes

If you have a list of go-to must have daz products I’d love to see you post it somewhere. I believe it was you who pointed out Shape Shift for Genesis 8 Female(s) | Daz 3D to me in another thread, and it’s pretty freaking great, so if there’s a list of stuff like that… You should just post it somewhere? (not sure where?)

One “flaw” in the game appears to be that you can click buttons like home or talkto at any time, even in the middle of another conversation/scene/etc.

Additionally when you actually want the player to click a button to navigate elsewhere… there is a text box that can be progressed normally and appears to advance time even if you don’t choose any option at all.

The custom buttons look cool, but if you can’t get them working properly? maybe you should replace the custom buttons with normal dialogue prompts (written to give the same choices the custom buttons do/did like home/chat/enter/dining/etc)

Some typos that are somewhat important: at work Shelly uses the name prompt of Danielle which is likely some sort of typo in your code somewhere. Similar issue, “Kim” has her name appear when she’s speaking as “Kelly”.

2 Likes

Honestly the best DAZ advice I can give you is that products are only part of the overall solution. You can do really decent stuff in DAZ if you just look up some lighting tutorials on YouTube, buy some quality assets (make sure they say HD or are literally from DAZ), and watch some guides to photography framing.

Advanced stuff comes in the form of using dForce for push modifiers, getting high poly count geo grafts for blender modifications, photoshop, and using various other modifiers to make the model more realistically interact with the environment.

There’s no product in DAZ that will make everything look good, that usually comes from other programs entirely.

2 Likes

I’m definitely working on the buttons situation. I was already able to go through and fix the names, that was a pretty easy fix. An error in coding like you said.

The buttons are more…troubling for me to fix. I’ll be removing the “talk” button. But the home button gets you unstuck should the game hit a “dead end” somewhere so I’ll probably leave it in for now.

Thanks!
HH

That’s what I’m starting to realize, upgrading only goes so far. There are so many pieces to rendering a good scene that I need to explore!

HH

1 Like

Subscribed to the Patreon and was pleasantly surprised by how much extra content there was in 1.1 (thought it would mostly be a bugfix release). Really enjoying the writing so far, keep up the good work.

1 Like

I’d recommend starting with framing and lighting. That’s a really good place to start because Photoshop doesn’t matter much if what you’re working with isn’t great in terms of lighting.

1 Like

I’m definitely working on the lighting, especially the “one shot” scenes.