Why do people tag projects with "male" if the MC is the only male character and there is no fetish content around them?

I mean I recognize that the fetish content does apply to both parts. But I feel like the spotlight should moreso be given to whoever is actually gaining the weight/is the feedee, because while you can usually ignore the sex of the feeder (most of the time the MC is a self-insert character who only says what you choose to say and their sex is either intentionally left vague or just implied), you can’t ignore the sex of the feedee, either due to visuals or incredibly detailed descriptions of the fetish scenes. I do think that separating the tags into “male feeder/female feedee/male feedee/female feedee/unisex feeder/unisex feedee” is probably the best solution, but given that’s a more radical change I think it’s a little less feasible. Hence why I believe the better short-term solution is to only tag the gender of whoever’s participating in the WG/stuffing/vore/etc., since personally when I play a game I care a lot more about the gender/sex of the “feedee” characters than I do my own.

5 Likes

I mean. Thats why I said it cuts both ways lol. I’m saying people who post games here need to do better as well.

3 Likes

Oh–my bad then, I misunderstood.

I think this issue can be easily remedied if (whatever player gender) protagonist tag was added to the system.

While I agree that protagonist tags will be helpful for people looking for a certain gendered protagonist and I don’t see a reason to not add them. The tag itself won’t help knowing if the tagged gender gains weight in a game or is involved in fetish content, which is one of the main points brought up in this thread. There are plenty of protagonists in games that have no weight gain or fetish elements applied to them (and plenty for the opposite). And in my opinion, outside of very specific tags being introduced to try to solve that issue, the best bet is going to be the dev/poster including information (like what gender/fetish elements/who is involved in said elements)within their first post.

6 Likes

Yeah, I feel you here. I don’t think it’s bad to have ‘male’ tags in that situation, but it’d be great if people could also put a tag clarifying what gender is actually getting fattened/etc.

I personally like both male and female stuff just fine, so no shade to the female fans out there. But, I have always found it a little obnoxious how female-centric a lot of WG stuff is. (And vore, for that matter.) It’d be neat to see more content that balances-out the gender focus a bit more. (Or maybe even stuff where the characters are more androgenous? You barely ever see that.)

7 Likes

I think weight gain and other WG-related fetishes are generally female-content dominated, so if you’re searching for male WG content you generally have a much harder time. It annoys me a lot, but given it’s been that way for years I doubt we’ll ever see a change.

2 Likes

i dont really have anything to add that hasnt already been said but i agree this is pretty annoying. how about instead of specifying what type of protag or whatever they just say “x centric” or something. that way people can still have the tag to show its there and nobody gets disappointed

2 Likes

I’m currently working on a text adventure game that will feature fetish content for both male/female player character and NPCs - with the option to choose between male/female at the beginning. And fetish content will be accessible depending on the player’s interactions with NPCs and the world.
But it’s a big project, so don’t expect it to be finished soon.

1 Like

Hello, I believe #male should only be for when there is a male character who is a feedee. At least while there are no other hashtags that do not exemplify who is feedee or feeder. From the community I come from (burp fetish), if you go to the male media, it’s always the man who burps, and if you go to the female media, it’s always the woman. So for example: a woman goes to sell her burps - goes to female media. A person wants to find a woman who burps or even a game that has female characters who burp, he goes to female media, regardless of having to receive burps in the face and being a man, but he will receive it from women and he can specify that this is what he wants in the description. Or even a man who likes to burp for women, he should publish this in male media, because he is the one who will be burping. This community revolves around the fetish of gaining weight or stuffing yourself, so in my opinion, the main focus for hashtags should be who gains weight.

1 Like