Why is simple inflation and/or expansion so rare here?

I actually like inflation, myself. Sure wish a forum site similar to WG revolving around it would come up… :frowning:

I guess it all boils down to what the storywriter is into. I’ve got nothing against inflation; I actually used ro roleplay with a girl a few years back who was seriously into it and I did find it kind of intruiging. But, at the end of the day, I find ‘straightforward’ fat and weight gain more interesting, which is why I write about those.

Man, I’d love a legit inflation game; there’s just not that many of them anymore. I think most coders that made inflation games either lost interest in the kink or stopped making games when Flash started to die.

Outside of general disinterest from coders, yeah, there’s not a lot of ways to implement inflation into actual gameplay; I think the best attempts at it are Doom-the-Wolf’s Amber games, notably 1 and 3.
Amber 1 had where you adjust your weight through helium or water to float around or break things, while Amber 3 had the different “fillings” be tied to different “modes” that you swap between to do all your platforming/combat.

I agree, SRP. I’d love a legitimate game involving people being blown up like balloons. The closest ones I could think up, even though they contain popping, are CaptainStupids’ flash games, with my personal favorite being the Blackjack-inspired one. There’s also a game I found somewhere involving two players trying to inflate each other, with the description of the game mentioning “that girl from Willy Wonka”. Oh, and there was the late CattyN’s Don’t Pop Me where the player had to pump up a girl without making her burst. What really bugs me is how people accuse Tom Preston of being CattyN…

CattyN is Tom Preston is Andrew Dobson. That’s really old news.

Late edit:
Wording it another way; a man named Andrew Dobson (take note, this is his REAL name) had an alias named Tom Preston, and Tom Preston, the alias, had an alias known as CattyN, a female, anime-obsessed inflation artist who also inflated “herself”.
The running theory is that Dobson thought his name wasn’t cool enough, so he came up with “Tom Preston”, a much less “fat balding guy who draws underaged anime girls popping” kind of name.

Doom has made other games than just Flash games with inflation/deflation buttons? Get a link if you can!

I hope this link works: Doom-the-wolf User Profile | DeviantArt
I’m pretty sure this link wont work if you’re viewing dA through the damn Eclipse UI, so if it doesn’t, just look for Amber’s Journey, 1, 2 and 3.

EDIT: trimmed the post shorter, I overdid it.

1 Like

Not to revive a quiet thread or anything, but this did make me think.

I have a small idea for a game centered on inflation - tied into the gameplay mechanics as a visual indicator of the character’s strength. Where with every enemy slain, the protagonist absorbs some of their energy, conveniently stored in their stomach. Certain levels of this energy storage enable different abilities, as well as semi-realistic stages of inflation. Care must be taken to balance the spending and consumption of energy, so it’s not just complete easymode as you run around grinding XP and growing huge. There’s also a plot!

But, yes. Do you guys think this would be a reasonable way to incorporate inflation/expansion into a kink-centered game? (Genre: RPG or action).

2 Likes

Seems like a great idea to me.

I hate to be a pessimist, though, but I don’t expect anything from you, or anyone else that just drops ideas into forums. 99.9999% of these ideas just get tossed out there all willy-nilly, like people are expecting a dev (and a few artists) to pop up and go “oh wowie wow, that idea’s great, I’ll make it for you!!!”

Are you a coder? Do you have a structured gameplan? Or are you just someone with a great idea and a pirated copy of RPG Maker, who will work on the game for a few weeks then disappear off the internet?
Do you have experience with hitting coding roadblocks that take months to figure out?

1 Like

@SRP

You don’t have to be a coder to write a game. All you need is an idea to start off with. And the understanding that it’s going to take time.

I picked up Ren’py 6 months or so ago and started messing around with it. It took a day or so to create a test concept of my idea with a couple of very limited scenes and some simple renders. Fast forward to today and it’s grown beyond all recognition. About 800 individual images, lots of replayable scenes, several stages of weight gain and I’m still working away on it.

And the reason I carried on beyond that initial test version? Because I posted it on here and had a good response. If the response had been pessimistic, I’d probably have given up there and then. People like to be encouraged :slight_smile: The more positive you are about someones idea, the more likely it is to become more than just an idea.

4 Likes

Oh! I was just looking for a little bit of positive feedback on the idea, is all. I know quite well how arduous, time consuming and resource-intensive the game development process can be, along with the imbalance of ambition and means. Great ideas don’t always equal smooth and efficient production!

I do have experience with coding roadblocks and the like - it’s something far too time consuming for me at present, thus why I’m not working on any projects at the moment. I’ve been focusing more on writing, upskilling and other irrelevant things ^^

The cheeky ideas are still there, though~

Still, thank you for your insight!

It happened once… I was there. Somehow a group of really talented individuals dropped in to aid a poor soul to develop his game idea… oh and he did nothing btw, the idea guy that is. There were already better artists at the group and there was already a programmer, he basicaly couldn’t help at all, but funny enough he still acted as the leader. To say nothing bad about the guy we’ll leave it there.

fun story

There are other roles for game development than just programmers and artists. Game designers, writers, directors, playtesters etc.

1 Like

Eh, for these kinds of games you usually don’t need all that jazz, but in most cases you have to be all of those yourself

How?

Quick search: “belly” > 0 results

The tags I see also don’t bode well at all. Is there even a single game focused on expansion that isn’t breast expansion?

I was wondering the same damned thing tbh. Been on here for years, always hated weight gain but always wanted something like this. Fortunately, I have some unity experience and coding experience so if you had any skills to share I would be happy to assist you in making something, I already made a forum post earlier about a game I wanted to make but lacked the skills in called “Club Hopper” but I guess I know a little more since then

2 Likes

I mean this in the most straight forward way (not trying to get on your case, genuinely curious), why are you here? You’re certainly not alone, we have a baffling number of users that either are neutral to the core fetish of these forums, or outright hate it. I don’t personally care one way or another, but it has never made sense to me as to why they stick around. I get it if you’re just sticking around for ancillary content like inflation/expansion, but its odd to stick around just for that.

4 Likes

Honestly, exactly that, there may be some bloating right? and that is literally the only reason I’m here. It sempt like there was a lot more content like that back in the day. Like when I made my account it was I think 2018 and there were several options. I check about every month or two to see if anyone’s made inflation content.

2 Likes

Can you provide a link to that forum post? I can’t seem to find it.

Ah yes indeed

Keep in mind my account changed cuz the new login thing stopped me being allowed to use it and I just changed accounts, so Speedster_Dash is me