I’ve been skulking on this forum for a while, until I finally decided to start working on my own WG-related game.
I’m still at its beginning, but the journey has been crazy since
- I didn’t know how to draw at all
- I had no experience with any game engine / never used RPG Maker
So armed with good will and some patience, I started doing stuff.
Making an RPG with multiple endings about the Journey of the Main Character.
The game will also have a village/guild management section, in which you can interact with your followers.
- A human gets reincarnated in a fantasy world (classic Isekai trope)
- The goddess that has chosen him, grants him the power of gluttony. He will be able to inspire/control gluttonous people
- He will have to defeat the champion of an evil goddess, the Demon Queen (I know, I know)
- To do so, he will have to assemble an army, fatten them up (to control them) and defeat the enemy
The main character will travel across different kingdoms, meeting lots of characters with quests.
He can use different methods to induce possible followers on the path of gluttony, and this contributes towards a certain Karma point system, triggering the endings
The main character can also evolve in different classes, unlocking new special ways to complete certain quests, speeding up positive/negative Karma acquisition
- Jack-o-nine tales’ slave breaking mechanics, re-fitted on weight gain and gluttony
- Free cities management system, wildly simplified especially if done on RPG Maker
- Vale city “evolution” for weight gain, a bit Pokemon-esque with level up
Fire Emblem setting in terms of characters variety, medieval fantasy setting
I started posting on deviant art HyperSoc - Student, Digital Artist | DeviantArt and Notion Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. about progress done
- You can find here some screenshots as well, most of my efforts have been on the graphic side (learning from scratch how to draw and do pixel art so I can also do the RPG sprites)
- Learning how to use RPG Maker, events etc. etc. (LvlUp Design currently my lord and saviour)
What do I need now?
For the moment I’m in no rush, drawing characters, thinking about the story and so on.
I checked for possible plug ins to implement some ideas from point 3 and for some stuff, I’m not sure it’s possible to make it happen.
Since my proficiency with RPG Maker (or any other engine for what matters) is extremely limited, I would probably need a collaborator to make the game part of this project actually happen.
Eventually, I’ll learn how to do it myself, but it’s a matter of months if not years since I start from scratch.
if anyone is interested in collaborating, let’s have a chat!