Working on a Lightweight TTRPG system, Looking for opinions/feedback

I’ll give it a proper look, but yeah, that looks great from what I can see, and you really narrowed it down to the necessary aspects of the game.

Once you’ve played a bit of the ‘stripped down’ variant, you can then properly write out a document that is made to ‘teach’ the game, instead of just discussing the rules. And maybe start expanding on items and abilities and the like. Now that you’ve hammered out a great solid base to work on.

1 Like

Actually, since this is the new baseline for the game, should I make a separate post for it+announcing open playtesting? Or should I just put it to a poll or something?

For the Lite edition of my game, the character sheet! Inside is a blank character sheet, and an example character so you can get an idea of what a filled in sheet looks like. If you want to fill it out, make sure to make a copy of the sheet so you can edit it!

1 Like

Thanks. Do you have a Discord so I can ask questions? or anywhere else I can hit you up while i’m doing this?

Honestly, something I did early on was to basically ‘draw’ the character sheet on a piece of A4 paper, and then after doing a couple iterations, I’d fill the sheet out with the dullest pencil I had or even a normal tip sharpie and see if I could fit everything in the character sheet.

This really shows you what you need to prioritize or how to better display the necessary information. Anything that requires numbers between 0 to 20 can be a simple circle and you can literally just use a dice to track numbers.

If you can fit the character sheet on a smaller sheet of paper and still be legible, thats great. Some great games have good character sheets that can basically be drawn on a notecard.

I do have a discord! Msg me with your user and ill add you

I’ve been thinking of implementing equipment somehow. For each character, there would only be slots for a weapon, armor, and an accessory. But every party has one shared inventory, sort of a communal bag for special-use items, gear, and ingredients.

Weapons and Armor would help in adding Harm and Safety in Combat, while accessories can be more-open ended, like a ring giving a modifier to certain Skills, or a bracelet that tells you if something has been altered with magic, etc.

BET. My Discord is: firestar2145. Hope to see ya soon~

Hello! It’s been a bit since I’ve made an update on the game, but that’s just because I want to make sure each update is of some significance.

• The biggest addition in this post is Equipment! Every character can have 3 kinds of equipment on them, Weapon, Armor, and Accessory! Along with that is the Communal Inventory, a way for players to keep track of their ingredients and unused gear without having to worry about who’s holding what! Gold has also been added as a mechanic of currency, mostly because I forgot to put it in.
  • The 5*A Lite doc has been updated with more clarifying text, and the Lite Character Sheet has been updated to add Equipment, Gold, Player Name, and the Combat Skills mentioned in the Doc.

In terms of In-Progress developments, I’m working on more documents!

• One of them is sort of a GM’s guide to the game. The nature of 5*A lends itself to the GM’s discretion more than other games, so I think a doc with some advice on doling out loot, building encounters, and creating equipment would be the most helpful.
  • I’m also working on an Ingredients, Equipment, and Bestiary list, things for GM’s to have and something to work off of, since making an entire food pyramid, ecosystem from scratch can be time-consuming.
  • Lastly, I’m working on a Setting doc for a world to play this game in! This isn’t so much a pre-built campaign as much as it is a general setting to inform whatever character you plan on making. It’s a generic JRPG-esque fantasy world, where adventuring is a highly sought after and recognized profession.

I hope to get these works-in-progress out regularly, so stay tuned and thank you for reading!