World of Corpulence, Main Thread

I really love this project. I’ve been wanting something themed around demonic influence causing people to gain weight for a while now, and the concept for this game hits that pretty much dead on. I also love the idea that the protagonist is both the one causing people to gain, but also in danger of gaining herself, and that there is no real lose state, just different consequences that impact gameplay when you fail a fight. I also really like that you are managing to have clear world building details and character arcs, even in just the demo.

Really fantastic idea with some great implementation already. I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for more!

First off, really cool what you’ve getting done here, keep up the good work! When do you think the next update is coming out BTW?

Also, what is the third ending? I got the one where you get chubby and the captain gets obese, but is there another outcome in the game?

Just reading your description of the game is very inspiring. I was thinking of how to add fetish stuff to an RPG Maker game effectively and you pretty much have every good idea planned here. Right when I was just going to start working on my own game, you gave me ideas which will transform how I make my game work. I will probably update with my opinion on the game so far.

Have you thought about uploading to tfgamessite.com? Also, what RPG Maker version is this? I am guessing MV. It might be a good idea for me to switch and get these full-size sprites.

I’ve really found myself unable to work on this project consistently in any way, and I’ll be frank and say that I’ve put in very little work towards the next update compared to what I did ahead of the first release. It might be a long while, or I might get another period of time where I feel like putting in the hours to make it work again. We’ll see. A clear pattern I’m seeing though is that I find a huge amount of inspiration and drive whenever I have a chance to play the games that other people on here create, and I think I’ve heard them make similar comments. Hopefully this will be an ongoing trend that will lead to many fun games. :stuck_out_tongue:

There isn’t really a third outcome to the first quest exactly. I don’t remember my comments on this exactly, but the third option is essentially failing the ‘quest’ much earlier on either by getting discovered, dying, or declining the demon’s offer which would lead to a loss before the ‘tutorial’ could be done. In this case Glaise explains her motivations and teaches the player about the gameplay mechanics in the cell instead of in her house.

It’s indeed RPGMaker MV. I actually started out making the game in VX ace, but completely scrapped all my progress and started over with MV instead for a few reasons. Most importantly the sprites are larger in MV and much more adequately fit my own custom sprites, but there were also other key reasons. The screen is larger and more adjustable, it’s the version with the larger current support and following afaik, and probably something else which I can’t remember off the top of my head.
I’ll try to check out tfgamessite.com, but generally I’m reluctant to put my game out there until it’s a state in which I’m proud to present it. Right now it serves as a demo more than anything, and I’d like to add more content.

This is an official warning. If you don’t know why, please refer to this post:

http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=612.msg6757#new

Here’s hoping we get another update soon, this is really good so far!

For anyone who might still be anxiously waiting for me to update this, I’m sorry. I’ve just the overall problem that I lose interest or inspiration, and just leave the project for undetermined amounts of time. Before I return for a little while to have at it again, and so on. I won’t promise that my work effort will improve either, this is a hobby project and I’m probably going to keep adding to it at complete whim.

Anyway, as a sort of progress report:
-I made and finishes some sprites. While the original game only had sprites for the main character in two weight stages, the next one will feature all four.
-I’ve made a short side quest with an unnecessary amount of choices and details which I’ll probably leave out of future quests, it seemed like it wasn’t worth the trouble.
-Combat with regular enemies will be featured, and while it’s nothing impressive at all; I’ve gone through pains to ensure that my plugins work better in unison and that they better achieve my goals. It turned out that in the previous version of the game, being overfed would always lead to a game over screen, for example. This should all in all ensure that I’ve less work ahead of me when I want to implement new quests.

All that’s missing for me to release a new update is for me to finish the bad end, and whatever happens when the quest is turned in. These things I’ll also have to make some decisions about. Originally I was playing with the idea that if you suffered a bad end, your character would be done. She’d remain permanently immobile in the location you lost, and you’d continue playing the game through the perspective of another character not in an entirely dissimilar situation. In retrospect, that’s not nearly worth the effort. So I’m having trouble deciding what should happen instead.

[quote=“Vollerei, post:27, topic:972”]For anyone who might still be anxiously waiting for me to update this, I’m sorry. I’ve just the overall problem that I lose interest or inspiration, and just leave the project for undetermined amounts of time. Before I return for a little while to have at it again, and so on. I won’t promise that my work effort will improve either, this is a hobby project and I’m probably going to keep adding to it at complete whim.

-I made and finishes some sprites. While the original game only had sprites for the main character in two weight stages, the next one will feature all four.
-I’ve made a short side quest with an unnecessary amount of choices and details which I’ll probably leave out of future quests, it seemed like it wasn’t worth the trouble.
-Combat with regular enemies will be featured, and while it’s nothing impressive at all; I’ve gone through pains to ensure that my plugins work better in unison and that they better achieve my goals. It turned out that in the previous version of the game, being overfed would always lead to a game over screen, for example. This should all in all ensure that I’ve less work ahead of me when I want to implement new quests.

All that’s missing for me to release a new update is for me to finish the bad end, and whatever happens when the quest is turned in. These things I’ll also have to make some decisions about. Originally I was playing with the idea that if you suffered a bad end, your character would be done. She’d remain permanently immobile in the location you lost, and you’d continue playing the game through the perspective of another character not in an entirely dissimilar situation. In retrospect, that’s not nearly worth the effort. So I’m having trouble deciding what should happen instead.[/quote]
Just make it where your immobile at the villians dugeon or something being fed more or something. Of course you could add more endings depending where you are in the story or what boss or enemy you lost to.

At the risk of sounding stupid I have a suggestion. Magical duplicates yo.
I’m sure you have way more story stuff up in your head, and this might interfere with some of that, but The vibe I got from the demo was that your demon lady mentor was super magical, and pretty strong. When you lose a fight you could play the bad end, and then follow it up with a repeatable scene where your mentor has to poof up a magical duplicate to take your place. You could walk over to the bad ends and still see your previous character, you won’t have to make any new sprites, and you can use being weakened from making duplicates as an excuse for why the demon hasn’t already done everything herself.

[quote=“Vollerei, post:27, topic:972”]For anyone who might still be anxiously waiting for me to update this, I’m sorry. I’ve just the overall problem that I lose interest or inspiration, and just leave the project for undetermined amounts of time. Before I return for a little while to have at it again, and so on. I won’t promise that my work effort will improve either, this is a hobby project and I’m probably going to keep adding to it at complete whim.

All that’s missing for me to release a new update is for me to finish the bad end, and whatever happens when the quest is turned in. These things I’ll also have to make some decisions about. Originally I was playing with the idea that if you suffered a bad end, your character would be done. She’d remain permanently immobile in the location you lost, and you’d continue playing the game through the perspective of another character not in an entirely dissimilar situation. In retrospect, that’s not nearly worth the effort. So I’m having trouble deciding what should happen instead.[/quote]

this sounds very interesting, can’t wait till you release the new version.