World of Corpulence, Main Thread

Premise:
Terrene is a typical, generic fantasy world with a bit of everything. It has a usual medieval society which resembles known tropes, borrowing heavily from pop culture such as dungeons & dragons, and otherwise. In this world magic is drawn from another dimension, known as the “Otherworld”. However once something goes through to another world, it leaves a gap for the volatile energies to pass, and unskilled tampering leads to chaotic results which may not be obvious at a first glance. Currently there is a known disease, one such major contagion said to be caused by the powerful inhabitants of the Otherworld; the demons. This disease, the corpulence, grows stronger with each person that surrenders to it. The vice of gluttony spreads, and the people becomes increasingly hedonistic. In order to suppress the spread of this evil, righteous men and women try to answer magic with vigilance, culling those who would see Terrene fall to temptation.
In other words it’s a standard demon plot, which acts as a fine device for telling a kink based story.
The player sets out into this world as a character who is wrongly targeted as a demonic threat. This opens up for them to turn against their aggressors, and actually become what they’d been accused of being. They will then set out and deliberately try to corrupt those around them, often by feeding them and coercing them into fatness! At the same time, the player can also fail in their tasks, and sometimes become the victim of this weight gain instead. The goal is for the game to fluidly progress, or at least lead to interesting ends regardless of how well the game is played. Each fight can be won or lost, and while some defeats might just weaken the player, others will lead to wholely separate scenes.

How it’s different:
The story and setting isn’t very interesting, nor does it aim to be. Though for a desire to create something which hopefully stands out in other ways, I’ve taken on certain design philosophies which will hopefully lead to this being a different experience to similar RPG Maker games. These ideals can be easily summarized;
Lack of traditional JRPG features: This game will lack a lot of the typical things you come across in RPG Maker games. There are no levels, experience, ‘random encounters’ or classes. I have a personal gripe with things that slows the pace of a game down needlessly, so I’ve made a deliberate effort to remove any need to grind as well as the need to escape from countless pop-up encounters. There’s a downside to that, which is that the game will most likely be a lot shorter.
Items = Firepower: In this game you generally have two ways to deal with an opponent. You can beat them into submission, or you can overfeed them. You will need to spend your items for the latter, and hoarding food items is therefore the best way to make this option available. This hopefully encourages you to explore every area, to find hidden caches of food or coins.
No loss state: This is a kink game. Losing shouldn’t just be a game-over screen when it could be something so much more fun! That’s why I’m attempting to make it so losing is a valid option to proceeding as often as possible.

What will it feature?:
The main theme of the game is by far weight gain. That being said I’m fairly open to including other kinks, or having a larger scene variety to introduce some other things. I’m doing this for my own enjoyment, but I’m also very curious to what other people are interested in seeing, maybe I’ll incorporate some of those things. I’m still debating how ‘hard core’ I want to go with this, and whether sex, domination, non-con, BDSM and similar themes should have a place within the game.
As for the update schedule, there really isn’t one. This is a hobby project, and I’m absolutely not the most efficient worker when it comes to this. That being said I didn’t get to include the majority of the custom sprites I’ve made for the initial release, so maybe I’ll be able to work in the next bits of content a lot faster than I did originally. We’ll see though.

World of Corpulence, Demo Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3daa1ri7ksbxtrs/World_of_Corpulence.rar

Known issues:
-The “Fish” item currently has no use. I simply forgot to finish up the items database before uploading the game, sorry! Will be fixed whenever I release a new version.

You seem to be off to a great start! Didn’t see any glitches, mechanics seem to be well-suited for your goals. I particularly like how much you put into interactive objects. My only suggestion might be some in-fight dialogue, especially with the force feeding. For purely gameplay-related reasons, of course (cough). If particular enemies are vulnerable to certain foods, you might have positive/negative responses based on the food you select, something like that. I hope to see more from you soon!

yea its a wonderful start and i love the idea of being the feeder which is a nice change of pace

Yes, I was actually expecting some kind of reaction for guessing Carol’s favorite food! First demo obviously doesn’t have to have that much depth, though. Moving on from that, I’m with him on all other points! It’s super solidly built, glitch-free and it has two short, but decent feeding scenes. Three if we count the trigger variant on the “failure” one.

Expanding on the favorite foods, maybe it could work as a sort of elemental system? Some people are weaker to the effects of different food types? That one might not make a lot of flavor sense, but it sounds fun, mechanically.

The combat wasn’t completely finalized for this one, and I somewhat regretted not having any animation for the feed options. This sounds like an overall excellent addition, though tampering with dialogue and events in combat is a thing I haven’t tried yet, but I think I will at least explore the possibility!

[quote=“chillmistressfreia, post:4, topic:972”]Yes, I was actually expecting some kind of reaction for guessing Carol’s favorite food! First demo obviously doesn’t have to have that much depth, though. Moving on from that, I’m with him on all other points! It’s super solidly built, glitch-free and it has two short, but decent feeding scenes. Three if we count the trigger variant on the “failure” one.

Expanding on the favorite foods, maybe it could work as a sort of elemental system? Some people are weaker to the effects of different food types? That one might not make a lot of flavor sense, but it sounds fun, mechanically.[/quote]
Adding some reaction for using dairy in the fight would be a nice addition, but I think you might have missed that there is actually some consequence for using the right type of food. Glaise gives you whichever type of food you guess, and will remark that it seems like a strange choice if you ask for a fruit. Further, Carol is much weaker to dairy overall. The elemental system is what I’ve gone with so far, and lets some food types be more effective against certain opponents, but it wasn’t perhaps the most obvious going by the numbers, seeing as the low-level dairy items give relatively low values compared to other food items, before bonuses. I’m glad that you’re exploring the game and seeing each ending though, and finding the alternate failure hopefully means most people would feel intrigued at the idea of looking around for items and secrets, which is what I was hoping for.

Now this was a pleasant surprise! I really like the game, even in its current unfinished state, and am indeed looking forward to where this is going. Even the music and sounds seems nice and fitting, something I find to be quite rare among this type of games.
I especially enjoy the choice-based way of playing the game rather than the usual ‘‘beat up people, earn gold, get fat’’-esque type of games we’ve seen so many of (not that I don’t enjoy those, though). Rewarding the player with food for exploring every corner of the world is quite neat as well. Enjoyable so far as well.
I’m honestly really looking forward to seeing where this is going!

I was gonna try this out at work (not something I would normally encourage but my employer doesn’t give a shit) but I realized the download was close to 1 gig so I stopped it so as not to use all the bandwidth. Is there a reason for the large size? I imagine rpgmaker games wouldn’t be that big unless you’re throwing in video and music files, and even then they could be converted to lighter formats (mp3/mp4 → ogg).

Most likely because my files have the rtp built in,

Now I quite enjoyed the game, I found the 3 endings and I quite enjoyed it though I beat that night (which was difficult but possible) nothing happens, are you planning to add something if you beat him? (I.e, an alternate ending where nothing happens, the boring ending lol)

From what I’ve gotten to play I gotta say this is really interesting and not to mention fun, and I cant wait to see more from you o u o

I’ve also been kind of wondering if you’re gonna add any inflation related elements to it? if not that’s totally fine

I cranked his stats up a fair bit higher than the actual boss, so I didn’t really expect that it was possible to beat him, but I didn’t test it much. When you beat him I believe nothing happens, and he just stands there saying something along the lines of “This wasn’t supposed to happen”? I don’t really think I’ll add anything else that’ll happen there, or I might possibly just have it be something fairly tame, like him giving you an item/some gold for beating him. I doubt a large amount of players are going to go out of their way to try it.

This is absolutely an issue I could have easily remedied, and I realize now that I should have. It’s essentially just a case of RPG Maker not distinguishing which files are in use, and thus by default including a large cache of unnecessary files. For future updates I’ll likely go through the files and weed out some of the big offenders, like unused music and the likes.

I’m completely open to inserting different kinks, or variations of weight gain in there. The issue with this, is mostly the overall issue with making these RPG Maker games, spriting for different stages of weight / inflation takes a long time. Or at least, I can’t do it quickly! But I’m mostly able to enjoy a wide variety of these things myself, and I’ve had cursory thoughts about including stuff like vore, inflation, gay / male weight gain, and other things. So overall I can’t promise anything, but I’ll try to insert aspects of these kinks into there, but probably give them a weight gain flavor. So a character might be inflated with a liquid, that settles into weight later on, for example! For the time being though, just focusing on weight gain / fatness and developing the game to a bearable state will be my priority.

On a side note, I’ll say something which I know at least RPGstufferguy has brought up before. As spriting is a very tedious process in some cases, we are going to be more than happy if someone wants to relieve some of our workload and donate sprites. I’ve personally uploaded weight gain sheets and my own sprite bases in the resource thread, and it really doesn’t require any experience or skills to start redrawing clothes for fatter characters, drawing new poses / clothes sets / anything else. If someone happened to draw something like, inflation or other kink related sprites working off my template, I’d be happy to put that into my game.
Likewise I’d just like to put extra emphasis on the fact that every single sprite I’ve drawn is completely free to use. I wouldn’t care in the slightest if you took all that I’ve drawn, to try making your own game. It’s my truly fond desire that we can take inspiration from, share resources with, and use each other for the betterment of these games as a whole.

I found the cookies but I’m having trouble getting down from the ledge - can you help me out please?

Love the game btw! :slight_smile:

To get down from the ledge it should be enough to go to the place you previously jumped up, and press enter. This should make the character jump back down, in pretty much exactly the same way. If that somehow isn’t working I’ll have to look into a fix.

Totally understandable and totally ok with that!

But yeah best of luck with this game man, I really like where this project is going and hope it all turns out great for ya

Using 7 zip to unzip it and heres what I got.
1 Data Error : World of Corpulence\www\audio\bgm\03_Chasing_Fortune.ogg

Heres a problem. My internet is slow at downloading, and at some point chrome decides to stop downloading and give me a portion of the game, which chrome only downloaded 150MB. How am I supposed to get the full version of this?

you could always try a different browser like firefox, I’ve noticed chrome isn’t the most stable browser especially on windows 10

For anyone having trouble downloading, that can all pretty much just be attributed to the size of the package. I realize that the filesize is a lot larger than it needs to be, but it’s still something I consider a smaller issue until I release the next update. At that point I will make sure to remove unused files and trim it down to a more reasonable level.

As for the error, in not finding a file, that seems to just be a case of a corrupted download, delete the archive and download it again.

[quote=“Vollerei, post:17, topic:972”]For anyone having trouble downloading, that can all pretty much just be attributed to the size of the package. I realize that the filesize is a lot larger than it needs to be, but it’s still something I consider a smaller issue until I release the next update. At that point I will make sure to remove unused files and trim it down to a more reasonable level.

As for the error, in not finding a file, that seems to just be a case of a corrupted download, delete the archive and download it again.[/quote]

Hehehehehehe, the size of the package…

[quote=“happytpr, post:18, topic:972”][quote=“Vollerei, post:17, topic:972”]For anyone having trouble downloading, that can all pretty much just be attributed to the size of the package. I realize that the filesize is a lot larger than it needs to be, but it’s still something I consider a smaller issue until I release the next update. At that point I will make sure to remove unused files and trim it down to a more reasonable level.

As for the error, in not finding a file, that seems to just be a case of a corrupted download, delete the archive and download it again.[/quote]

Hehehehehehe, the size of the package…[/quote]
that always seems to be a problem

This is awesome! I’m a sucker for world building, and this has it in spades- that intro alone was enough to win me over. Then, when I got into the game… let’s just say I’m very impressed. The characters felt unique, the dialogue was well written, and the sprites look great.

You’re doing a great job, and I can’t wait for future updates!