World Of Lust - A World Of Horror Mod - First Release!

I know it’s probably not going anywhere anytime soon but I do think it’s a pretty cool idea thus far. One thing that struck me while playing WoH vanilla and the modded encounters was, well… I don’t have a clue how much can or can’t be modded, but if custom conditions are on the table, I think that could be a good thing to work with - especially with the way conditions like the spider bite can develop into something more hindering as time goes on. If anyone has the art/programming know-how to make it happen, I’d be happy to lend some ideas to help an idea like this flourish more.

I kina know the limitations(not all of them, but most of them), pretty much just events enemies character and mysteries for now(a with a custom effect for the mystery only)

World of Horror is almost there in terms of things necessary for a full-blown WG-centric conversion, something I might work on if all the stars align (pun intended). What’s left now imho is just the ability to make custom injuries/curses (ideal way to implement changes in WG & appearance) and an old god (so WG-centric mysteries and enemies can all be neatly tied together with thematic encounters).

In any case, Halloween is coming…

8 Likes

there’s at least one horror game weight gain game last I remember, something about a prison last I remember
but it depends on what effects you wish to use I’d imagine as the content
obviously weight gain would likely be gluttony derived, mayhaps is subtly fattening the population to feast on them, mayhaps a fish creature considering they can gorge themself to death
if you plan on anything like fruit tfs or similar like say honey, syrup, marshmallows, ice cream, etc mayhaps a counterpart of the herald in that they are planning to make the population into food for the shattered court or ingredients
air could be a really angry air deity that wants to ‘make arroogant mankind truly full of hot air’ as it were, you could even take a cue from the junji ito balloon head story, also good for burps and similar stuff like breaking wind
if you try vore, well invoking the big bad wolves of fairytales would be good as well as invoking fenrir, animal related stuff would be good here
water inflation could be a tulpa conjured by humanity to combat drought but didn’t know when to stop
if you try muscle stuff mayhaps a war deity wanting to try invading the shattered court and ratchetted everyones desire for exercise and utter agression up a few notches

2 Likes

what game do you mean?

there’s at least one horror game weight gain game last I remember, something about a prison last I remember

Pkinad’s Prison, made by j886bbw, is what you’re referring to I think.

2 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to the modding scene in general, lots of potential

So the game just released its 1.0 today

6 Likes

I’ve been speaking to folks and sadly, it looks like it’ll have to wait as the necessary modability isn’t there yet. If we’re lucky, it might come when steam workshop functionality is added but for now, nothing has really changed since last patch much on the modding side of things.

I’ve suggested it as a change via the developer’s discord but for now, no sense getting hopes up.

yep that’s the one alright and could be useful mayhaps once the ball is further rolling for this project as an inspiration

From the previews, it looks like World of Lust is more focused on expansion/inflation rather than WG. Is this correct? If the mod ever gets updated to encompass more of what you said in the comment, would the focus remain on that content?

Oh, I’m thinking more along the lines of an entirely separate project. Probably somewhere in-between this mod and the furry wg one in terms of scope and ambition.

Genuinely shocked that the latter didn’t call itself ‘World of Hunger’, so I guess I better trademark that before someone else sees the pun.

4 Likes

So I tried downloading the game and then the mod trying to upload the mod to the game but it didn’t do Jack squat so either someone send better instructions on how to actually get it properly functioning and working otherwise I’m never trying to download this and try to play this game again.

did you put it in the custom folder?

Yes, multiple times, but it did nothing.

don’t you need to put event mods into appdata, instead of the steam directory?

I had trouble installing it myself, but I figured out that you gotta ditch the folder that comes with the actual zip file. Your directory should look like this (First part is your user name)

More thing, do I have to worry about what version of the game I have considering I download my games for free. So do I have to worry about what version I have for the mod to work too?

seems like im having trouble installing the mod, its in the customs folder but it wont show up in game, anyone got a quick fix?

Did you put it in the custom folder in wohgame in the %appdata% Local folder and NOT the steam browse files folder?