Yuki<3Hana (Shatteraura's Submission)

I’m having it fail to launch too- and I don’t think the Crash Handler is doing anything but providing the one popup I do get.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit, and if it’s a piece to the puzzle, I run it in Japanese locale. @themaninmidnight101, do you run your system in a non-english locale?

I have Windows 10 64.-bit with Japanese local and it works.

Maybe it has something to do with Windows 7?

Thank you very much! :smiley:

Whilst I was researching last night I only stumbled on rumours that windows 7 had trouble with new unity projects I just can’t find anything concrete on the subject… Not much I can do really :confused:

I had the inverse issue with one of my group projects, the visuals werent finished but the programmer I worked with was a BEAST who made a HUGE game… Sadly we didn’t score too well on that one ^^’’ Fortunately I have 2 really quite resonable games, one solo and one pair project that both meet the standard of at least simple unity web game :slight_smile: Thanks for dropping by again :smiley:

The only consistant thing I am hearing is issues being caused by something called “Citrix Workspace” which appears to be a microsoft program. Obviously though I really can’t guarentee that is the issue either >.> Edit: It seems my version of unity likely fixed this issue as well so… Yeah I have no idea >.<

Huh. I haven’t had issues running anyone else’s unity games. Weird.

Hmmm I feared that, I am gonna blame the Unity version I used, I didn’t have time to switch off of the alpha version. In future I will be more careful to use a stable build… Thank you for your interest in the game anyway :slight_smile: (I really really hope the WG admins can run the game so I can actually place in the competition… >.<)

I have just uploaded a 64 bit version, it’s unlikely to help but if you still wanna give it a go feel free to try it out :slight_smile:

Firesoul10 was right. It’s because it’s Windows 10.

Darn… Literally nothing I can do about that, Ive not got a windows 7 machine to build it on sadly… Well at least the mystery is solved. I am going to make sure I use a stable build of Unity from now on so fingers crossed we wont have these compatability issues again >.>

I have news though, a friend helped me to really get to grips with some new tricks with Unity, so it is possible I will be releasing a non competition verison of the game some time later, perhaps you will be able to play that if I can get it done? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope so. Good luck!

1 Like

^ This, but it’s me posting it.

1 Like

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 135
Writing: 255
Concept/Design 925
Msc: 125
Total: 21440

Comments:

A little idol management game with a bit of an interesting premise. While there is not much art what is there is good and the story around the idea is written well. It is kind of fun having to manage the idols stress, money, and other attributes with trying to “help” them gain weight. All in all, the concept I think has promise if it was to be expanded upon.

Kilif Score

Category Total
Art: 50
Writing: 180
Concept/Design 1000
Msc: 25
Total: 21255

Comments:

A couple of things about this game. One, it was odd that the text content stopped about halfway through the game. Could have been a bug (since it was very hard for me to get it to run in the first place), but when I would go to take either of the characters out to any of the events, after a certain point I didn’t get any text describing the event. Furthermore, there didn’t seem to be much of a reason to not take both girls out to given events. If you could have one do one of the money generating events while you took the other one out to dinner, that could have made for some interesting game choices. I certainly feel a lot more could be done with this concept, as the core concept is very solid and place nicely with the theme, I just feel the execution fell a bit short.

Juxtaterrestrial Score

Category Total
Art: 120
Writing: 262
Concept/Design 939
Msc: 81
Total: 21402

Comments:

I like the idea of having two people to manage and fatten at a time. It raises some interesting dynamics. Do you fatten both? or focus on one? How does the skinnier one feel? My main feedback is that I’d like to see the project expanded on. There is so much potential for interesting interactions. More types of activities would be nice too. My imagination is filled with possibilities.

Total points: 64097

1 Like

Cute game, I really hope this gets more work, so that it can become something GREAT! And adorable. XD

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley: There is a test version I created as a plan to make the full game. Unfortunately due to university comitments I just can’t say when I can make this one a prioity again. Hopefully if I do manage to go further with it you will still be around to enjoy it :smiley:

Don’t worry, My love for fat women is eternal. I ain’t leaving until I die. XD

Even if it’s years from now, That’s better than never. (I’m a voraphile, and we’re used to waiting a LONG time for projects. :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes