70s Slime WG Game

Current version: 0.3.7 (06/04/2024)

A stuffing and WG slime game set in the 70s!

You can play the game HERE

You play as Kelly, a scientist who has just been hired in a secret research facility, and who’s first experiment doesn’t go as intended. The result is the creation of a new entity: A slime girl! It escapes the lab, so Kelly is tasked with finding it in the facility, and it seems like the slime causes some adverse effects on females exposed to it… Prevent it from reaching the rest of the world!

In this game, I plan for all female NPC’s to be involved in some sort of fetish event, like weight gain, stuffing, and inflation. One of my main goals is to reward players that explore the facility, by having characters progress in their stages as you return to them after time passes.

In the latest update, new quests have been added! Some of the side content that the last update may have been missing is now here! This adds two new side quests, a new event, and weight stages for a couple of NPCs. You can read a more detailed changelog in the itch io devlog post. A bug was also fixed in the latest patch. If you can’t pick up a certain item in the store, or get stuck when entering a certain room in Sector B, make sure you have version 0.3.7, and not 0.3.5. or 0.3.6. Sorry for the inconvenience!

My main inspirations for this project were Gumia and Some Bullshit, and I thank those communities for helping with questions I had on how to handle this dinosaur called RPG Maker MV. Special thanks to Cj and PeachClamNine, for a tip on how to have cooler looking animations, and plugin help respectively. Also Erikwulf, for a lot of help with writing, and polishing dialogue.

Also, if you have trouble opening the file, extract it with a program called 7zip!

I’m of course very open to feedback and suggestions!.

41 Likes

Got to the end of the events in the demo. Great work on the sprites and events so far, really looking forward to seeing where you take it.

There is a fair bit of back and forth between just two rooms for the heating room quest currently, but I’m sure that’ll be better when you’re going to maintenance for multiple things at once.

Wow this was really good!

Indeed, noticed that as I was playtesting that event, and after playing it like 10 times, i got a bit tired of the elevator bell and the back and forth to the same two rooms. I was thinking about making a break room in maintenance next to the supervisor’s office, and have a fridge there for at least the first stage of the quest, with the popsicles. Rest of the quest would still be to the company store, but i think that would at least make 1/3 of the quest a bit more dynamic. Originally the bar quest was like that, both the bottles and the barrel where in the same storage room, but I moved the barrel to the loading bay and It made it better.
For the rest of the game I plan to of course have more sectors, like a cafeteria, an office sector, the other 2 wings of the labs (similar in layout but with new events), and the weapons sector, which is mostly for soldier themed stuff. Once more areas are developed, I plan for quests to be more dynamic in the locations. But I’ll really have to look into it, since fetch quests to seemingly random places just for the sake of taking you to a far away place, aren’t very fun.
Thanks for the feedback, and I’m glad you liked it!

Just took a look into this earlier today, and I must say…I like what I’m seeing so far! It’s clear you’ve put a lot of work into this little demo, and I’m excited to see what it goes from here! …Or, to put it more succinctly…

Seriously, though, I’m very much looking forward to see how this develops because this is a damn good start! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I gotta say that this is fantastic start! It’s also nice to get something more sifi since the site usually fantasy RPG stuff. You’ve really got the potential for a nice tight game here.

I’m liking what’s here so far, a lot of content and side quests already, with a lot more to come! Sprite work is great too, I don’t often see transition phases in games like this. Usually it’s just wa-bam, you have fat now, so this was a pleasant surprise. Was nice seeing the main quest inadvertently affect one of the side quests too (the mushroom quest in A1), tying some of the events together so everyone isn’t suddenly struck with a spontaneous yet separate desire to stuff themselves. Humour is fun too, I’ll always appreciate a good pun.

Quick bug find, interacting with the ice cream freezer in the cafeteria from the side softlocks the game, as Kelly just tries to walk left… into the freezer (guess she must be hungry). Also I’d suggest not moving side quests along until you’ve had a chance to view them first, I missed the first stage of the mushroom quest initially as I didn’t go into the room early enough, and it had already moved on by the time the first message about the lab changing showed up.

Great start though, looking forward to how this progresses!

Absolutely incredible start, my eyes have been blessed by the graces of the Some Bullshit x Pizza Tower pic, wonderful.

I’ve run into an issue where after the test I get stuck on this screen

That’s weird, since in that section you never really have control of your character, so the sequence should always be the same. And other players got trough it, so I have to ask, did you do anything special? Where you holding skip so everything was fast and skipping, did you read everything slowly, did this happen right after which dialogue?

This is a fun new idea and it is good It is kind of fun running a round doing little quest that cause chao and fatting people up the only thing this need a quest menu so that I can keep track of the many quest because as the game gets bigger I may forget were I have to go to get a item for someone but beside that I love this game.

This is a nice, fast paced game with several events and gets straight to the good stuff. Good job!

does the main character have weight stages ?

no, only the NPC’s. I don’t have plans for the main character to gain weight at this stage of development.

1 Like

I looked into that before shipping the demo but was a bit overwhelmed by the quest menu plugin, so I postponed it for a later update. But I do want to include it.

1 Like

After playing this demo I can say that this screams potential in every corner, I liked the guinea pig easter egg xD keep up the good work, I can’t wait for future updates!

Edit: After reading the thread a bit, I think weight gain for the main girl could be a good idea, maybe making it either story based so its stages go alongside the story, or it could be by making bad decisions in certain points of the game leading to some bad ending that involves the main character to gain weight, these are just a couple thoughts and ideas for the game.

Did a fresh install and it worked fine, idk wtf caused it but it’s fine now

will you do so in the future ?

I don’t have plans for it mainly because of story reasons, and because I believe it’s more interesting to be able to cause and see the scenes, rather than bad ends. I like bad ends in these types of games, but I don’t believe it’s a good gameplay choice to have the best content when you lose. Having to save before, and intentionally lose to see the scene, or finish the battle and have to travel to a place that lets you see them, is just a cutscene with extra steps in my opinion. Hope it doesn’t sound like I don’t like them, because like I said, I enjoy them when I play these types of games, but now tham I’m actually developing a game, I prefer not to, so the game isn’t interrupted. I’m not 100% against the idea, since I could add this type of content in the future, but not for now.

2 Likes

All valid points, still good to know that there’s still a chance in the future, now another question I had while playing the demo, will all the the other female npcs gain weight or something similar? I mean npcs like the one girl that didn’t attend the experiment she was supposed to, the ones in the gym, the secretary, or the boss lady in the maintenance floor that was sleeping, I know it can be too much in the spriting part that’s why I am asking.