A Bellyful Life: A Stuffing Inflation Sandbox WG Visual Novel [v 0.4.0] (Major Update Dec 21st 2023)

uh oh looks like thats a bug, gonna smack it later when I get off work

Loading a copied save from file gives an error that it can’t convert a string to a number. Replacing all instances of “false” with 0 fixes it and let’s it load.

I think i patched that, make sure you have the latest downloadable version. The bug happens when you load a save file from the web version to the windows downloaded version

I used the Itch client to download it, so it should have been the latest version at the time. 0.3.0

I tried to go to the resort while at the new weight level, but I keep getting the following error:

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object PlayerHolder:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Script_draw_sprite_pos_fixed2
############################################################################################
gml_Script_draw_sprite_pos_fixed2 (line -1)
gml_Script_skew_draw
gml_Object_PlayerHolder_Draw_0

I get this errors no matter how many or few days I book, and it’s independent of whether or not Aria accompanies me. I made a new save and immediately beelined for going to the resort with Aria and no error occurred.

A separate issue I’ve found is whenever you disable the music it doesn’t effect the rain music.

Other than that great game!

So did I:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object PlayerHolder:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Script_draw_sprite_pos_fixed2
gml_Script_draw_sprite_pos_fixed2 (line -1)
gml_Script_skew_draw
gml_Object_PlayerHolder_Draw_0

Interesting, I thought I patched it and tested already, I’ll look into it when I’m free from work tomorrow. Are you sureeee you guys got the latest version? I did place a minor patch about a day after the 0.3.0 release that should have fixed these bugs

Did you make gaining weight harder? I can barely gain any weight. evem while eating a lot of hamburgers

I thought so - where is the latest version?

Is Version 18 the latest? Just downloading that from itch.io this moment.

I was just gonna let this side-discussion die but i’m still getting notifications on the original post so i’ll go ahead and argue this: Sure, you have every “right” to get angry and complain about/at an artist, but that’s a great way to make sure they get discouraged or frustrated, and possibly eventually quit, and they have every right to do that, so maybe weigh what you’re “allowed” to do against what’s in your (and everyone’s) best interest.

Really just comes down to entitlement versus not being a child, but hey.
[/hopefully end rant, please]

I did not change the way gaining weight works, thats odd!

Also latest version is on the ItchIO game page

1 Like

It works fine with Version 18 - thanks for your help and a fun game!

It’s fixed in the new patch, but the swimsuit model at weight stage 2 still shows the original weight, which is a little disappointing but also understandable. Also I can confirm that something’s up with the weight gain. At the beginning weight gain is slow, but it feels like once you hit 55 kg it feels like you start gaining weight uncontrollably, even if you don’t eat anything and do nothing but jog. It might have always been like this though, I never paid attention to it until I was trying to lose weight in my main save and couldn’t.

“[/hopefully end rant please]”
You replied to a post from 6 months ago, why reply to a post if you don’t want a reply back? I mean, you basically agreed with me anyway.

Anywho, doesn’t matter what the dev/artist/chef/musician/whatever’s feelings are, if they provide a service and suddenly stop, people get justifiably upset, even if there’s a decent reason for it.
Lewd games tend to get more ravenous fans than, say, a classical musician or whatever, but it’s still a justifiable response to be upset if a dev disappears for months at a time, especially since the vast majority continue taking in money through Patreon while they’re off soul-searching.
Sending death threats or reviewbombing, that’s a no-no, throwing vulgar baby tantrums on random lewd forums across the internet away from the dev’s eyes, ehh, maybe, pulling funding and calling the dev “lazy” or a “stinky poo poo head”, sure, do it.

You’re not going to stop people from getting mad when something they like is apparently abandoned, or the dev is underperforming, the world is far too diverse for literally everyone to just be like “ohhhh I’m sure he’ll come back, just take ur time, bb.”

Slime discussion

I got some interesting ideas and request to get Slime pets and slime inflation and I think its a good potential for new content.

Slimes are easy to draw and animate and BSoL isn’t meant to be a realistic simulation or anything, I could add a pet shop where you can go to buy a “Slime kit” that you need to ingest to make a new slime. And then we can brainstorm more pet ideas to put in the pet shop. For the slime pets I can make them roam randomly around the house and you can bring one with you when you go outside, maybe the slime will stick to the wall, the floor, or the ceiling and move between rooms as time pass. To feed the slime you just need to ingest it (inflating yourself in the process) and it will eat the contents of your stomach? or maybe I can just put slime food in the pet shop

Adding Slimes content is quite cost-effective because its easy to make for me and players get a ton of new inflation fun. I’m seriously thinking of adding it

5 Likes

I think it would be better if you had to buy slime food from the shop. Then, over time, your slime would get bigger. After it is it big enough, you get eat some of it. The bigger the slime the more you can eat. And/or you can use it to increase your capacity by ingesting it temporarily and spitting it back out. Just an idea.

the request I got was to first grow the slime itself inside you, either in the stomach or womb.

Having trouble seeing the next WG phase. I’ve hit the mark but it still says I need to be 55kg+. I don’t know what is wrong. Started a new game and everything.

You have to wait till the next day I think, it did that for me

1 Like