A Halloween Text Adventure

I’ve found 3 keys but ones on Charlie and I can’t make her drop it?

Hmm, give me a sec… not sure how Charlie got a key…
Which keys are you talking about, is it the colored keys or the suit keys? Also in me poking around I did discover I forgot to set one of the doors up correctly, thank you for unintentionally leading me to the minor mistake.

Np she has one of the suit keys

Thank you, and I also figured what was wrong. Apparently the lend lead is able to allow Charlie to enter the Garden, which in turn sort of messes the game up. To make matters worse I put the code that meant to take it under specific conditions in the aftermath of taking it, which allowed just about anyone to take the key.
So I went ahead and hit both problems together, so this issue won’t happen again (I tested a few times on my end, just to make sure it is working). Thank you for spotting this, did not expect this tiny mistake to nearly soft lock the game.

Not to stray off-topic, but does anyone remember a series of old Flash games (even though Flash Player is permanently disabled these days) that SolitaryScribs once made involving a little girl dresses as a bunny for Halloween whose main objective was to stuff her older sister full of candies she collected? The reason why I brought this up was because of one of the game’s endings being dark compared to the others where the older sister was force-fed one last candy before she popped offscreen, causing the little girl to be partially covered in her older sister’s blood.

Oh yeah, I actually created a topic on this:

The person who created the game that you’re talking about also created one where you feed a ghost. Still I can’t access it, but at least it is still out there in existence (warning it does require flash player, so be prepared for it).

Kind of overlooked that one, since I had been on the site on a different account before this one. I think that game’s bursting-themed ending may have been for the game’s B Rank, at least I think it is, since the game’s endings (which depend on how much candy the little girl feeds her big sister) are divided into ranks. I think one of the endings, which may have been below the B Rank one, have the little girl get grounded by her parents. Also, considering that download links to entire galleries (in .zip format or somethng similar) made by SolitaryScribs’s previous accounts before they were nuked have become sparse similar to what happened to physical copies of a number of Mario titles on store shelves after March 31st of this year, I can only assume that the game I’m talking about has been long gone…

I have a question, and maybe it’s a stupid one, but I can’t seen to find the basement… can someone please help and guide me to where I need to go?

The basement can only be entered one way. Here is how to reach it.

The basement can only be entered by one person, Robert, as that is his trap when he grabs the Spade Key. To reach the Spade key you must find and take the Red Key (can be found in the house, you must find the Blue Key first to have access to it). after taking it you must go upstairs and open the locked door in the Library, leading to both Robert and Terry going ahead of you. Following their trail will lead you to the Attic, where you’ll find the chimney (where you can enter inside) and see the Spade Key. However the key is too far for any character except for Robert. It is only when he grabs it is when he falls into the basement.
This is the only way to access it, and no other character can enter it. After Robert either survives or fails the basement is no longer accessible. Don’t worry, nothing important is in the basement, just a large trap room to fatten a jock.

2 Likes

I was also doing the Eric part in the pantry, how do I make the scissor, because I’m apparently struggling at that certain point… I managed to find two pieces of the scissor, but how do I make them one?

Well, that’s not technically correct…

Because a bug allows you to try and reach the key with anyone that is with him in the room lol
The one falling down will be him though.

Also, by the way, are you working on anything new? Really like your text games man!

A bug? Hmm I’ll have to look into that.

Meanwhile the next game I’m working on is… big to say the very least. Part of me is hopeful I could finish it by October, another thinking November is the most likely time to release it, yet a growing nervousness is that it’s going to take me till the end of the year to finish it. I am going ambitious, but I know at least what I want and know what I can’t do. I just need break up my time with normal writing with game coding (and game writing) a bit better to be able to finish it. My only worry is whether it’s too big to play, requiring a bit of planning on the player’s part to make progress while hoping Quest doesn’t have a heart attack.

2 Likes

Sorry for not getting back, you have to use the “Use” command (use x on x, e being the object(s) in question) to combine the two. Doesn’t matter which one you use first, as long as you combine them to form the scissors.

How did you get Robert in the room, I can’t seem to figure out how you managed to do that.

1 Like

I… was not able to replicate it anymore! Whatever you did in the last version, it fixed it!

The only thing I remember was changing how characters moved due to an issue with Charlie, so to cover all my bases I included Robert and Terry as well. Haven’t done any other updates I remember, so hopefully it was just a one time thing.

2 Likes

Play through it, haven’t gotten all of the endings yet, but had to ask. Is there anyway to download the game? I don’t know if it’s just me but I clicking the download link at the site tends to not work and if I try to play it through the site, it tends to take longer and longer to update until it becomes unplayable. I’ve had this happen a few times before, but I was able to download it and it fixed the issue.

I feel so stupid, I tried another way to download it and got the download to go through, so you know, nevermind

1 Like

What other way did you use, trying to redownload it since i think mine is the busted version.

were do i find the heart key? i have no idea were it is.