A Halloween Text Adventure

I’m in the set of rooms with the gas and wine, what do I do?
I have the crowbar.

Another bug report: It’s currently impossible to get the bad ending with Eric, as the trigger for him hitting 550 doesn’t trigger with the current if-else order. Tested it with the order rearranged as below and it fires properly.

Screenshot 2020-10-31 193015

If/else triggers can be obnoxious so I can sympathize. Now I need to figure out what to do after everyone is in the last room. Something’s not firing properly.

Also Terry isn’t in the room where Ashley wakes up after being knocked out by terry themselves making whatever event that was suppose to happen after you look around the room not happen

I hate to admit that I’m completely lost. I’ve clicked eveything I can think of, but it won’t let me go anywhere. All I’ve managed to do is unlocked the front door and get hurt pulling the clover key. Nothing else I’ve found will let me do anything with it.

1 Like

Oh my god… Well time to squash more bugs. Time to play test this to see what is going on.

Edit: Also I’m very sorry about the mess here. I play tested this a few times to see if the events were to fire off and they did. I think some of the minor delays (like Quest dying in the middle of something for no reason) may be the cause of why some of the code isn’t there. Don’t worry, still working on it!

Don’t know if you’ve gotten this one, but Robert never gets enabled to pass leader. Could be related to the fact that you can go north from the room with the bookcases without using the red key. You can walk through that door by default.

Okay so I hurt my hand getting the clover key and now almost everything is locked and I don’t know what to do

Okay to help cull some of the questions,

Clover Key:

If you take the clover key and get injured, you have to go to the bathroom. That is the only place for you to go. To prevent injury, you have to find the pole arm located beyond the Library, you will need the red key to access it.

Gas Trap:

You have to get the crowbar (in Basement East), go to the north and look at the barrels to reveal the weathered barrel, pry it open and take the rust key. Then go all the way south, look at the boiler enough times to reveal the crystal box, open it, take crystal key, and open the door in the center of the basement.
You should have decent amount of time before you could get the bad end for Robert, unless you poke around in the west.

Edit: Well I made some changes (sadly I’m still a noob at this) to hopefully help but Quest seems to be having a stroke right now. I’ll keep trying to test but I may not be able to do anything until tomorrow if it comes to that…

Okay did another update that hopefully smashed a good amount of bugs, however one of the endings, the one where you save both Charlie and Robert, I can’t seem to understand the extra bracket. Not sure where to look even, so I’m saving it until tomorrow to fix it.
Kind of feeling like Eustace here…

Also how is this not some gif or meme yet!?

2 Likes

this is solid for as chaotic a project it must feel like XD

all we can do is keep calling out bugs to be squished :+1:

Bugs can be like that, but that’s one of the advantages of sharing publicly. Thank you for all the work you’ve already put in, and for all the work you continue to put in learning what’s bugged and coming up with the solutions.

1 Like

found one more, looks like once you use the golden key and escape the mansion no event triggers if their is one

Error running script: Error compiling expression ‘’: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of fileLine: 1, Column: 1
Error running script: Error compiling expression ‘’: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of fileLine: 1, Column: 1
Hey do you have any idea what happened here? I just booted it up and this happened

I don’t know how to remove that, but it doesn’t seem to be affecting the game play. I know what is causing it, but the only thing I can think of to fix it will render a good portion of the game unusable.
Also Quest seems to think it is a problem with If statements, how ever it is not the case.

Actually have an idea for that, hopefully it works though…

1 Like

I am stuck in the pantry, I have opened the can but I can’t seem to get whatever is in it out. Any advice?

Okay just did another update, so hopefully everything is working now.
As for RoverKing, not sure what is going as the code looks normal and when play tested I still got the key. Not sure what went wrong on your end but I’ll look further into it.

i think i know what’s going on this happens to me some times, River you’ll need to add use with twice to solve the puzzle as some commands must be manually put in.

That could be it, since I’m still getting the key (but not opening the can). Once I do the next major update I’ll take the can off of it being a container as it serves no purpose as one.

Yeah when I was making this tap I didn’t expect to have to type in the command, so to use things with other sadly behind that unless I either change it to a verb or something else (heck, why didn’t I do that the first time)!? Anyways for the time being there are two use commands you have to type in the Pantry, it is the only time you have to do it.

bad news found another bug that is easily missed, so apparently at the end of the game if Robert has fallen to temptation it does still seem to think he managed to make out in time to not fall for BBs temptation and will show up even though he is clearly in the chair meant for him