A Huge Hallows Eve 5: finally out!

help i broke the game

it happened again on the pc where i had to use the skeleton usb

I think they patched that, try updating

1 Like

nope it is not fixed

If you downloaded the game but haven’t played it yet, nows a great time to redownload it! An autosave feature was added and daemons generally get more experience for less grinding.

3 Likes

I think this is a glitch, but after I bring the possessed phone to D-Pad and go through that conversation, I get a dialogue option that talks about something weird happening upstage. I don’t recall seeing the ensuing event they describe to D-Pad.

Also after I bring the possessed phone to D-Pad, I get the same dialogue option about the password locked computer upstairs. Where he asks me to bring him the first rubber duck he already found.

Edit: I think the second part about the password locked computer lingering was still around just because I handn’t found a duck yet. Please disregard that part.

1 Like

This has been patched to generate lovable dominatrix Miss Ingno instead of crashing. If you see her, report the bug and tell me what moves she has; this will tell us which daemon is trying to evolve inappropriately .

2 Likes

the fact you’re still patching it and all, i dont mind it since i felt I needed to restart anyways. Tho curious if there was a secret cheat area or place where you can pick and chose your buddies you’d like to pick up rather then farm grind. But its fun either way!

1 Like

i think maybe your game kind of killed my laptop. i am not 100% sure ? it was a potato laptop and had at maybe two virus that were stealing my data. do you think is can be fixed ?

On my save, I can’t get D-Pad to recognize I have the pink duck. Although on an old save, I only found the pink duck after the upgrade. Only provided it’s not too much trouble, I would like to take you up on your offer of a save fix if possible. Thank you for your efforts.
file2.zip (103.6 KB)

1 Like

never mind my laptop fixed it’s self ? i don’t know why is was acting weird. sorry for saying your game bricked my potato laptop

How do you use the skill-teaching items? When I use them via the item menu they just disappear without doing anything.

I also found a vending machine in the digital world that apparently dispenses daemons? But when I got it, it was just a blank character with no icon.

1 Like

I just want to jump in and say how grateful I am to Peach for keeping these fixes coming and for all of you guys for being aptient and sticking with the game while it gets unbrokened.

I don’t know if the ending cutscene is worth QUITE as much hassle as you’ve all been through to play this thing - but I do think you’ll all like it :o

2 Likes

@betatoybox the game is surprisingly resource intensive (probably because RPG Maker was never meant to do 3d) computer probably overheated and then was fine when it cooled down. Any modern game would probably do this. Take breaks.

@Korota re: shop moves. Should just work. I will go and test all of them to be sure.
re: blank mon. send me that save! (Zip it up and attach here) That’s the invalid monster I’ve been trying to track down that used to crash the game. 1 out of 220 ain’t bad.

@Weighted_Potato re:cheat menu. Stay tuned…

@UrgUrgUrg the ending is cool and I wish I had your cinematography skills

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I didn’t save that run, because nothing was working right. It was a fire-themed daemon, though, at least that’s what I picked when I bought it.

1 Like

Dungeon generation has been fixed.

Skill teaching items were actually working fine but confusing to most players; it didn’t play a sound on success, and didn’t back out of the menu when running out of the item, so players would press the button again, hear a honk, and assume it didn’t work. Most menu items now make a sound so you know something happened.

5 Likes

There IS a problem with the skill items, and I figured it out. When I first bought one in the first encounter with the merchant lady, it showed up in the “Code” inventory and not the “Plugins” inventory. Using it from the Code inventory DOES NOT teach the skill properly. Reloading the save put it in the proper Plugins inventory for me.

2 Likes

Hey, played and loved the game! Just an absolute ton of great artwork and writing in here, and team-building and evolving new creatures is a really compelling gameplay loop!

Think my save is completely borked, though. There’s an extra Fizzy in the basement, I can’t give the hacker the purple duck, the game still lists the werewolf quest as active despite them being in the basement, and (to try and avoid spoilers) after the cutscene in a certain hole, the game completely breaks. After first returning from the cutscene my sprite seems offset from my actual location and none of the collision works. If I reload a save my sprite works again, but exiting the area just plays the cutscene again. Also for some reason I’m allowed to use the ‘escape’ item in the real world, but it just takes me back to the cutscene. This is all on version 25.

Also version 25 added a ‘payload.exe’ to the base directory, and the game no longer closes on its own when I quit. I haven’t downloaded anything suspicious, have I?

Anyway, hate to pour more bug reports on you, I really have enjoyed the heck out of this game!

2 Likes

the same thing happed to me with two fizzys

In version 25 I noticed a strange development. When I first do the RunSubroutine MemoryPool thing, the shops prices for the skill plugions are a lot lower than I recall them being (around 300 vs. 750+ up normally) And this pattern is the same for any shops I run into after that. Using the skill plugins bought from the cheap shops doesn’t let me learn the skills (but produces the successful “ting” sound). But if I quit the game and reload, the plugins teach me the skills just fine. And the shops are the usual more expensive prices- using any I buy from them works normally. In all case, the ting sound goes off.

So it would appear that faulty skills might be connected to the initial low price stores you get if you go into the first dungeon, run the MemoryPool but don’t save and reload. Maybe there was an obsolete shop that was taken out that’s the source of the problem or at least connected to the faulty skill plugins?

1 Like