A New life in the Fat Lane - A Joseph Earnwile V Adventure.

Also, the Doublrones do not work. They can’t even be removed from the kitchen table. Unless the joke is that they’re glued there. The cozy cafe pamphlet in Patty Princess doesn’t work either, It says table 1 isn’t open. If you enter Patty’s home, like Maria’s locks you from saving your game. If the fifth Patty collectible is in the game, the chance of getting it is so low that you could spend over 1000 euros and still not get it.

Thank you for your response :slight_smile: ¨

I have gone in and fixed the doublerones, and the pamphlet. For some reason when I set up the tables i first made them containers, then switched them to a surface. Seems a state of closed carreïed over.

The save issue continues to perplex me slightly, but I will get it sooner or later (I hope).

I have upped the chance for the fifth figure to about double. Should now be a one in 13, and not one in 25.

It should go: Drink, something to soak it up. New drink… you see where this is going :slight_smile:

Thank you for your hard work. And Chris is only available after Chiyo leaves sushi.com but can only be seen once Also it seems that certain food items are locked until completing Patty’s story.

I installed Quest Soft Player 5, but it’s not recognising New life.quest as a file it can open? Running a Mac, if it matters.

Confusingly enough, “Quest Soft Player” or QSP is a different program altogether. You’ll want to download this instead:
https://textadventures.co.uk/quest/desktop

EDIT> Although now I’m seeing there might not be a Mac version of it. Hm.

1 Like

no he’ll come back you just gotta do a thing where to leave go back in leave go back in untill he pops up again

Thank you @nep2nia for helping out :slight_smile:

The message limit on here is a little stingy. There isn’t any way of running quest on mac I know of except through wine. It is a very small and not too resource consuming program, so should do fine :slight_smile:
Still strying to get a slight fix up by the end of the day. Stay put people of the internet

I’m enjoying the game for the most part. I’ve got a couple of gripes, however:

1. I can’t get Stephanie to show at all. Every time I’ve checked, the door’s been locked. “Check back later”, it says.
  2. I’m not sure what to do with the books. I’ve got them, and the board says to return them, but I don’t seem to be able to do so.

Okay, I ended up unlocking Stephanie later on, so that’s all good. Ben eventually showed up after dozens of attempts, so it’s just a really low chance, in my experience.

to get steph to show back up you gotta work some magic on the other ladies :smirk:

You’ve got to complete Sarah and Jennie’s (or maybe just Jennie? I always did Sarah first) routes before getting to Stephanie, and you return the books to Ben in the library, who only appears occasionally.

Appreciated. They ended up showing, I just needed Jennie to unlock first.

Thank you to everyone who helps other players out! I appreciate you guys helping me answer some questions on here :slight_smile: New update just went live. Another small one, but each tiny update should make the game slightly better I hope.

Until next time:
WeirdoBeardo89 out!

1 Like

I think the main problem with the save lock is that you use spaces " " in the first floor names, try SecondCommonPlace or something like that, and it should fix it if there are no additional problems.

3 Likes

I’m totally lost too.
Sarah kicked me out, and then Jennie did, and then I got to the point of Sarah accepting being fat again and on the couch, but I fed her everything I could and Sarah and Jennie were still locked in their rooms. I couldn’t use the Doublerones either.
I need a full walkthrough tbh

Hey i figured id throw in my comments

• There was… a lot. A lot but not much, at the same time.

• I liked what was there, conceptually, but the map is too big, too fast, and some things dont work as intended. Not a lot is explained. I felt overwhelmed and like I was breaking the game the whole time and very lost. I’d honestly prefer less content for now, at least until the first few characters and rooms are more solidified.

2 Likes

I second this. It even states in the error message that “the ’ ’ character (or space), hexadecimal value 0x20, cannot be included in a name.” at the bottom of every save error message. I didn’t notice it until Bardo pointed it out, but if Quest is saying not to do it, then fixing it is worth a shot.

Also, the flatbread item currently cannot be given to Maria and while you can pick the doublrones up, they can only be used(which does nothing) and not given.

I managed to get the Doublerones to work by extracting the quest file and editing the data in a text editor, but I think that broke the rest of it. Some people are saying that they’ve gotten thegame to work without doing that though, so I have no idea what I’m meant to give Stephanie if it’s not the doublerones.

Here’s me wondering what these mythical “doublerones” are before realising I’ve still been playing the initial release… well done me. Anyways, I’ve played through (what I think is) most of the latest version, so here’s a really long bug report because I took “way more thorough” way too seriously.

Bug Report
  • Jennie’s 9th stage image has a double belly button

• Chilinuts have gummy bear’s description when taking them

• Peanut butter takes carrots and celery from your inventory when giving it to Stephanie, but also works when either/neither are in your inventory, leaving those items useless afterwards

• Stephanie’s 1st and 2nd gym image is the same

• Sarah’s 8th stage image has not description

• Sarah appears in the common room before you’ve talked to her once you’ve fed Stephanie up to the buffet point, stays there until going to work

• Sarah can’t talk about her weight when accepting her gain, gives the same response as usual so you just guess and feed her again to progress

• Stephanie progresses the buffet scene by looking at her whether you’ve bought the buffet or not

• There’s not peperoni pizza given at the end of the buffet, says the item doesn’t exist

• The key found in the buffet seats isn’t given to you

• The map tracking broke after entering VIP 1, maybe because I exited before the introductory scene finished. Map overlay (all maps shown at once) started after Chiyo’s hotdog scene

• Chiyo’s desk can’t be searched

• Sarah’s room is locked when she’s in the common room + at work

• Sarah kicks you to your room when looking at her after the 2nd hotdog feeding, fixed after giving her another drink

• Chiyo is missing the bathroom image, ipad image and holding breasts image

• Bought items can be dropped but not picked back up again. This almost locked me out of Alexandra’s path until I noticed I could farm endless pills by talking about work

• The rainbow roll can’t be bought

• Chiyo’s 8th stage has no description

• Chiyo doesn’t take the 3rd hotdog from your inventory

• Sarah’s 2nd work day description (as she heads out) is added to every description you see afterwards

• The couch and throne can be opened + closed in VIP 1

• Alexandra’s “herself” conversation is broken

• Pills don’t get removed from your inventory when used

• Pizza phone delivery is missing the image

• 2 stages after Katja’s talk (after saying she’s attractive) has no image or description but you can keep on feeding her

You can probably track the way I played based on the order of the bugs found.

I haven’t gotten around to Liza or Patty’s parts yet, and I’m deliberately avoiding the upstairs so I can keep on saving. Jennie’s room hasn’t opened yet either so I’m guessing one of those unlocks it. Another suggestion I have is to give the girls different messages for talking about their weight/themselves as they gain, Jennie has a bit at the start then stops, and the rest keep their ‘very much not a gainer’ stance even after they’ve fully accepted it which just looks odd lol.