A New life in the Fat Lane - A Joseph Earnwile V Adventure.

I’ll do my best, although I find exploration to be more fun. This’ll just be for Jennie, Sarah and Stephanie, and I’ll keep it in a dropdown tab.

Walkthrough

Jennie likes salty foods, there’s mixed nuts in the common room on the table. Open that, 5 packs. Crisps are also there. In the kitchen, open the snack cupboards and drawers and search for salty foods.

Sarah likes fizzy drinks, plenty in the cold storage (open the sixpack) and on her bookshelf.

Stephanie likes chocolate and sweets, but you can also give her the apple and peanut butter (+carrots and celery otherwise they become useless items after). There’s enough to give her without using the doublerones.

Thank you. I was meaning to look up hexnumbers of characters to figure this out, but seems now we have. I have altered the save system to only work in main hub areas, and altered these names to not include spaces. Before that though I started redoing every single name (4am brain). I think - THINK - that I have fixed any follow-up mistakes from this stupid rash decision, but report back if you find more.

P.S. You can get real tired of playing your own game again and again late at night :stuck_out_tongue:
WeirdoBeardo89 out!

Added them all to my ever expanding list of things to fix ^^ Getting to them one by one. Expect some/most to be fixed by next release :slight_smile:

See, I gave Stephanie everything I could and it wasn’t enough. I think the gamecounts the Peanut Butter, celery, and carrots as 1 item, not 2 or 3

EDIT: Yeah, just ran through the game again quickly. Kicked out of Jennie and Sarah’s rooms, Stephanie on the couch. The only food left in the house is the Doublerones, which are broken, and stuff she will not eat. She wouldn’t even take anything from a store.

Yeah, Doublerones are still broken, you can’t give them, just look at, use, or drop, and use gives ‘you can’t use that’. Also there’s one broken cafe pamphlet (not sure which one), you give it to Chris and it says he’s not interested.

Strange, there was plenty for me. Are you playing on the most recent version? 2 items in the common room (look at the table), 10 items in the kitchen excl. doublerones (open the snack drawer + cupboard, look at the countertop), 1 in the cold storage (peanut butter, keep the carrots + celery in your inv when you give it to her so they also get used). I’m fairly certain I didn’t buy anything either since Stephanie doesn’t eat anything that you buy other than the outdoor scenes. That’s probably another bug actually, there’s plenty of sweet treats in the shops that Stephanie could eat.

I did my most recent run through on a fresh download of 0.6.3
Here’s a rundown of everything given to each character
Jenny:
Bowl of Crisps
Everything in Mixed Nuts (Peanuts, Pistachios, Salted Popcorn, Salted Crackers, Buttered Popcorn)
3 Fat Jims
-Kicked out-

Sarah
6 Pack of Noke
3 Isdead
1 Peach Fizz
-Kicked out-

Stephanie
Bar of Chocolate
Apple
Gummy Bears
Jelly Worms
Sour Cherries
Chocolate Bonbons
Cream Eggs
Snackers Bar
Panther Bar
Jelly Beans x2
Chocolate Buttons
Peanut butter with Celery and Carrot sticks

And then i get soft locked. There’s nothing else Stephanie will take in the house. I even talked to every single character in the house and did every dialogue option and there wasn’t any extra food that unlocked. Only food left was the salty stuff for Jennie that Stephanie wouldn’t eat, the soft drinks for Sarah, the pizza, a flatbread that I’m assuming is for Maria but she wouldn’t take (a bug?), and the Doublerones.

Also the Mixed nuts item doesn’t go away after emptying it.

2 Likes

Just tried your path and also got softlocked, but I found the issue. On two of Stephanie’s stages (I believe the one immediately before going to the common room for the 2nd time and the one following that) you can just look at her to progress her weight, but if you feed her that gives the same result whilst also taking food from your inventory.
If you look at her after every snack (because I’m not entirely sure which stage is the issue, some have multiple images by design) you’ll actually be left with one extra snack by the time she leaves to go to the buffet.

Hopefully this soft-lock is now fixed :slight_smile: expect another small update in not too many hours.

Looks like some of the scripts involving locations weren’t updated with the map save fix, causing some weird interactions. It doesn’t seem like you can start progress with Gabriela or Patty due to this. (You already fixed this while I was typing this up, oops)

• I think the fix for paying at the buffet may have messed up Steph’s route as well, I can’t seem to get her to leave there now.

• Chiyo doesn’t seem to want the rainbow roll now that you can buy it.

• The new book doesn’t seem to spawn once you find it.

• Liza’s weight variable doesn’t seem to work yet either.

• If you drop items inside your own room they end up in the trophy room afterwards.

New new new update uploaded in three minutes should hopefully fix most of these complaints :slight_smile: Thank you again for letting me know, it really is appreciated.

WeirdoBeardo89 out!

4 Likes

I somehow completely forgot to note down that when Sarah appears in the common room asking about her weight there’s an error message something like “only one wait function can be used at a time”, idk if that breaks anything afterwards because the game carried on just fine. I think it also happened after Stephanie’s buffet scene when she’s back in her room.

After the second feeding scene with Sarah (With the six pack of spite), I constantly have a “You throw out the empty packaging” message after every single action.

The sixpack of spite you can buy from the Shitty Mart doesn’t work either.

Also, and this isn’t a bug but more of a critique, the art is a bit inconsistent. Characters sizes will fluctuate from big to small to bigger to smaller between images. Maybe talk to some of the guys over on the AI board on BBWchan to try and get more consistent results, or reorder the images.

2 Likes

what can i do with the giant food

1 Like

I got a chance to sit down and play this and I had such a good time with it! I loved the sheer variety of girls and I’m so impressed with how much you pushed quest, especially as this is your first project.

I did have some issues with events not always playing or triggering right. Such as not being able to get stephanie to do anything in the buffet but being able to feed her which made the game act like she was home. Or Sarah’s plotline broke after her first day at work. Again she didnt move and then after so many sodas a load of images popped up at once.

But please don’t be discouraged, that can all be ironed out! What’s here is great and Im incredibly excited to see more and especially enjoy the girls getting bigger

They call me the bug hunter… I just need to find out who “they” is.

Bug Report 2 Electric Boogaloo
  • Removing the 6 pack of Spite gives the “throw away packaging” line to every future description
  • Searching Sarah’s bookshelf says it’s empty after she locks herself away, even if you never searched it before
  • Searching the 3rd table in Patty Princess has a hidden item description but no item is given (is this the 5th cafe pamphlet? I couldn’t find that one)
  • Sarah doesn’t drink the Spite from Shitty Mart, which is really annoying to have to buy 1x Santa each time
  • You don’t return to your room after helping Sarah to bed, and interacting with her repeats the scene until you feed her to progress
  • Sarah doesn’t go to work on her 2nd day, and doesn’t have an image for her 3rd stage there
  • Sarah also doesn’t go to work on her 3rd day (gotta preserve the calories I guess), and you can continue feeding her without an “end of content” message
  • Katja can be fed before starting the vore path, maybe treat her like Gabriella and say she isn’t hungry until you start that path. She also has no “end of content” message
  • Liza boots you out of her room immediately when first looking at her, then only accepts one meal and locks herself away
  • Patty doesn’t appear in Patty Princess now, error code when accepting phone call: Patty Princess': Unknown object or variable 'Patty Princess'
  • Buying unlimited drink refills gives you fried noodles instead
  • Talking to Maria about Liza is broken, error code: Error compiling expression 'GetInt(Liza Weight, "weight") <= 8': Unknown object or variable 'Liza Weight'
  • Maria kicks you out of her room every time you look at her after spying for the 1st time, can only feed her to progress
  • When in the club there’s this error code: 'game.pov.parent = East Chunkinsand': Unknown object or variable 'East Chunkinsand'

Image stuff I’m guessing is already on your to-do list but just in case, also found Sarah has no image for her 3rd stage, 2nd day of work, and all of Gabriella’s gain images are missing. All the image issues from my last report are still there too apart from the missing descriptions and Chiyo’s bathroom image, which are fixed.

Still haven’t been able to progress Jennie as I’m assuming she needs Liza to progress first, but she’s bugged. Also I’m fairly sure I’ve figured out the problem for the map tracking. It can break for me no matter where I am, but starts working again once I reload a save (then breaks again later), which to me sounds like a memory leak/issue. Quite what can be done to fix that I have no idea, sounds like a problem on Quest’s end, but it’s worth noting.

Great job getting these fixes out so quickly, I don’t know how you’re keeping up lol.

Thank you for another great report. I am keeping up on adrenaline and boredom alone XD It will probably have to slow down a little over time, but for now I am enjoying trying to get all this stable and running right.

WeirdBeardo89 out!

3 Likes

I think Patty’s code might be bugged. I fed Katja early and now it won’t let me date Patty anymore.

Another problem with the name changes. Fixed as of three minutes ago :slight_smile: Should be ok in tonight’s release. Currently very early morning here, so will be a few hours.

5 Likes

Dude, the fact you even update this every day is amazing. You’re awesome dude! =D

2 Likes