A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

Is there a way to play this so it doesn’t take forever for my character to gain significant amounts of weight?

1 Like

no not really since you need to actually keep weight down so your health doesn’t plummet and die before getting far enough along to actually afford it.
this game’s focus is on the long con gotta get money and a better house and keep the health up.

3 Likes

Oof. Best ways to make lots of cash? I became a teacher but gaht daym did my character have an existential crisis within like a week. Also tried the computer thing. I seem to be doing something wrong.

2 Likes

I believe there is a happiness meter as well if im remembering right.
its like playing the sims but you dont get any visible bars to see if you are doing it right.

1 Like

There is a happiness/stress meter. The teacher profession causes lots of stress. Try doing things like walking or other things to keep your character happy

1 Like

Here’s a version of the patcher for v0.17.

Usual caveats apply:

• Don’t have your locale set to a Japanese one.
  • Install Java (tested with Java 8 - should work with later versions)
  • Get v0.17 from itch
  • Make sure it works in French
  • Make any code edits before patching (or edit xxx-rpy.copy and re-patch) - see below
  • Unpack this patcher and follow the ReadMe to change it to English
  • Start a new game!

patch-poc-v0.17.zip (326.7 KB)

There are some changes you might want to make:

• Around line 440 in script10_encounters there’s an error (non-game breaking) in the assigment of two variables. The section should be:
elif boobre <= 400:
    $ seinre = "ses seins bien fermes"
    $ seinreverbe= "se bombe légèrement au-dessus de"
    $ seinreverbe2 = "soulevant timidement"
    $ adjseinre = "bon petit"
    $ bonnetre = "BB"
  • In the code for writing a successful article as a professor (lines 4924 onwards of script.rpy) the tests of poptt (total population) and lecteurss (professorial influence) are the wrong way round. These should all be less than or equal:
if poptt <= lecteurss:
  • The maths around polution’s effect on lifespan remains an issue, causing life expectancy to drop dramatically. If you want to have a longer game edit script6_age.rpy:
label esperancevie:
    $ espvieChange(-(pollution/500))
    $ jouv1Change(-(pollution/1000))
    $ jouv2Change(-(pollution/1000))
    $ jouv3Change(-(pollution/1000))
    if espvie < 40:
        $ espvie = 40
  • Around line 1970 in script.rpy there’s debug code commented out. If you uncomment before patching it will get translated. Note these lines should read:
"Fric +100000000":
    $ fricChange(100000000)
"PA + 10":
    $ pa += 10
2 Likes

Curvyvids is the way forward. It takes a while but grows exponentially. In playtesting this update my PC is richer than Bezos based solely on repeated marketing of the same few videos she never updates (art imitating life?). You’ll also need that fame to become mayor, queen, and an influential professor. Other sources of recurring income are the bar, clothes shop, research institute, and stats office.

The intellectual persuits drain wellbeing fast.

3 Likes

I’m rich af now. One problem remains. The “look at yourself” action still has me described as skeletal whilst also having F cups, a great butt and a belly. How to fix this?

1 Like

I remember this one - it’s a long-standing bug where if you don’t choose an option in the beginning of the game that gives you body fat, the variable for it is never initialized and so you can never gain body fat. There may be a way to fix it by modifying the save, but I don’t know exactly what you would need to add to do so

1 Like

Do you know which option it was?

A pre-patched English/Windows version of 0.17b (with some bug fixes over 0.17) is now available on the site’s itch, linked in the OP.

5 Likes

Thank you for the quick and speedy work!

2 Likes

The change log for version 0.17 mentions fixing a bug that let you skip paying for the construction of a temple… how do you build a temple?

1 Like

How do I gain body fat? I’ve reached the stage after “well balanced” but can’t seem to get beyond that.

I’m also curious about how exactly the weight gain/loss system works. Will I lose weight if I exceed the 3/4 filled rule too often? Does it matter what foods I eat so long as I stay 3/4 full? And what foods effect what sort of gain?

It’s one of the options down the Queen path.

The 3/4 mark is “maintaining weight” aproximately. You need to go beyond a full bar to train your gut to eat more, but not more than 2x. Judging that is part of the game. Some foods have small extra benefits to body parts. In general milk - boobs, grains - butt, fatty - belly (no food explicitly changes bodyfat). There are more specific examples found as notes in game. Don’t go overboard on the vaious meds: they break the in game maths. This game is definitely a slow burn - rush and you’ll get a game over.

1 Like

In the current release (0.17b) the following will give you body fat:

• Choosing Easy or Normal difficulty
  • Answering “Playing sports” or “Sleeping” to “What do you spend your free time doing …?” (“Playing sports” will start you with negative body fat though)
  • Answering “Your thighs” or “Her charm” to “What trait did you mainly inherit from your mother?”
  • Answering “Your cheeks”, “A little bit of everything”, or “Nothing, you stayed slim” to “When you look at yourself in the mirror…” (“stayed slim” starts you at negative body fat)
  • Answering “Clean your plate…” to “Your parents have always encouraged you to…”
3 Likes

There are two changed lines of text in the v0.17b english version on itch that haven’t been patched. So here’s a v0.17b version of the patcher. It is safe to run on either the English (to fix those two lines) or French version (to fix it all) of 0.17b.

Usual caveats apply:

Don’t have your local* e set to a Japanese one.

• Install Java (tested with Java 8 - should work with later versions)
  • Get v0.17b from itch
  • Make sure it works in French
  • Make any code edits before patching (or edit xxx-rpy.copy and re-patch) - see below
  • Unpack this patcher and follow the ReadMe to change it to English
  • Start a new game - or continue if you were playing 0.17b English

patch-poc-v0.17b.zip (330.9 KB)

All the bugs/issues mentioned in the previous patcher notes have been fixed in 0.17b.

4 Likes

Would you be willing/able to do an all-in-one patcher with the specific code modifications you suggested rolled in?

1 Like

There’s no need: 0.17b has the bug-fix patches already (except the debug one - but that’s just a commented out section).

The patcher was specifically designed only to replace string constants in the game - out of respect for the original material, and because posting a translated version would run afoul of the forum’s “post your own work” rule. Getting it to change code would require a re-write.

Sorry, I’m slightly confused, if the patcher doesn’t make any of the recommended code changes from a few posts up, uh, what does it do again? If I have 0.17b do I need the patcher? Sorry I sort of forget.

The french developer credits you in his release of the english version, so I assume he’s using your patch? which means we don’t have to? if we have 0.17b?

1 Like