A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

You were never going to find out how progress is going here as it’s against the rules of the forum to ask. Especially since this isn’t the devs post but the translation as you’ve pointed out. You could always reach out to the dev on itch if you are looking to talk about the game.

Since 2020 the dev has been working at a slower pace on this since they are busy with other stuff to my knowledge and I wouldn’t expect that to change.

3 Likes

This is a much better reply that what I’ve given so far, thank you.

Likely because you are just complaining about the game and the speed of updates in a place where the developer cannot see it. No one reading this can do anything about it, or answer your question, so what’s the point?

Being whinged at is one of the main reasons why developers lose interest in working on things. What incentive do I have (the person who wrote the patcher and did the translations) to continue doing so if people are just going to compain about it. Perhaps next time instead of working on this from my sick bed I’ll just go “oh fuck it” - that will be down to people like you.

Finally, instead of complaining about the dev’s twitter, maybe read the OP?

7 Likes

I’m sorry, I never meant anything bad towards the translation, you did fine work. The bugs have already been reported on Itch and I have never bothered the original creator. And again I really don’t understand where people are extrapolating so much derision from the simple statement “This version is a bit buggy, I shall wait for the next version, I don’t know how the progress on that is going”. That is literally all I said and the only things I described pertained to the original french version of the game. I’m so sorry if you think this undermines your efforts translating this.

Edit: To be clear, I assumed you had created or discovered some kind of program that used some kind of translation API that could translate any renpy game automatically, it wasn’t until I made one of the earlier posts that I bothered to double check. Sorry if it sounded like I was taking you for granted, but I still always had full respect for your efforts.

How do I become the Queen? I want to know step by step!

@voltena Will have to forgive me as I can’t quote them directly since the original thread is locked but here is a copy paste of what they said to answer this in the other thread.

I became queen during the first year of gameplay. To be queen, you need to win the election by having enough fans and smarts(?), then have enough fans to force an election to have you become queen.

Did both of these with 200k fans while still living in an apartment

EDIT: Link to the original thread of course. A Piece of Cake / C’est de la tarte (le français) - Projects - Weight Gaming for those who haven’t checked the first post for this yet.

Well I don’t know all of the kinks and steps, but from what I understand: First you need to be elected mayor, then you need to become very popular (either as a mayor through donations, through policies or through other means like with science papers and onlyfans) and the option should appear on the Mayoral screen. If this new law passes via whatever threshold is required, you will never need to be elected again but you can still visit the town hall.

Okay, thanks! Btw, why does my city keep losing population when the polution hasn’t gone over base level of 10? It is under 8 right now

Please take my previous post with a grain of salt as I’m still experimenting with the followers build of the game.

Key things i did find out though loading up old saves is the pollution glitch is gone. Pollution does drop slowly over time now if you’ve invested the town into it.

It is also possible to have articles cost only one research if smart enough.

Jogging/Gym visits are very important as always and really the only thing i do in game at year 26.

While i have fully upgraded the ice cream shop id rather do it on a fresh file to see town results that way

Fans still seem the easiest to get money with.

1 Like

I’m still a little confused about the ice cream shop mechanic. What translates visitors into sales? I’ve got staff, four flavors, and sometimes several hundred people showing up per day, but have never made any money. Is it a function of fans/followers? Is there some hidden context menu that lets me charge money for product?

I think it’s an obscure combination of multiple factors, but one that I noticed that seems to make the most difference is how much staff you have and how much you pay them, the more you pay them the better returns you get but I have no idea what the math is supposed to be.

The problem is I have over 10m fans and I still can’t win the election. Do I need more followers or smarts? Because I know 10m fans is enough… I have researched for like 2 - 3 years now so I believe I got the intelligence and smarts for it as well

edit: I have over 40k followers and 10m fans

Fans don’t help you win the election anymore, only followers do. With 40k followers you can still lose, but it should be unlikely.

Oh, alright. Thanks for the help

Found what helps is going to lectures a lot at the university and other stuff at the university as well I had few hundred followers I think maybe it was luck but my friend on the game died even when well fed 90% time happens for me

I think an important factor people seem to forget or not mention is that you need to drink water every day, multiple times just to be safe. (This also applies to real life, always keep some water handy).

Oh? I never had any times of drinking water unless sick on the game which hardly happens to me

1 Like

No you don’t, hydration is not a part of the game

2 Likes

I think it’s less for hydration and more that’s it helps keep your character healthy in a fairly straightforward manner, though a lot of this game’s mechanics are obscure to the point where some of it feels like superstition. All I know is that once I gave my character some water everyday, they stopped getting sick.

Water does nothing for health either, your character gets sicked mostly to RNG chance or due to you overeating. Drinking water could serve the latter cause you are simply overeating less

2 Likes