I’m not the first person to find this game, but I figure it’s worthy of a thread.
It’s a renpy text game in French, with a planned English translation after completion. However, I did find a method to do a machine translation of most of it. I’m waiting for a reply from the dev to post it, but it looks very simple to finish off. Sadly I have no free time to do so right now, so someone here’ll have to take on that task… preferably someone bilingual in French (stares at Canada).
Their last update on the site if 3 months ago, so they might no longer be actively developing. However, I’m not going to post the script file (or the ~70% complete translation files) without permission unless it’s reasonable to expect they’re not going to complete the game. Which would mean being inactive for a lot longer than 3 months.
A) reverse-engineering to do this makes me feel dirty
B) script files in renpy games contain almost all the game’s content and releasing it without permission would break forum rules
One of the tools I used might be useful for devs here that have lost renpy projects and that’s one ethical use of this stuff I think we can all get behind.
EDIT: The flies needed to test the partial translation are now up, after approval from the dev. Merge the folder with the existing game folder and it should work… most of the time. There are known issues with missing translation strings and it needs more thorough debugging.
Language SHOULD be changeable via Preferences. It may also need to be launched from the game engine itself.game.zip (756.9 KB)