Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

Wow, that sounds like a massive update! Excited for its release, regardless how far in the future that is.

1 Like

How the heck do I stop walking everywhere? I click on “Bus” in the Transportation window but nothing changes.

ETA: Somehow I eventually got the bus working… but I don’t know what I did to make it so…

1 Like

I really really wanna like this game its got a lot of things going for it, especially in the wake of a piece of cake being taken down. But

1. The game is confusing and difficult, even more so than a piece of cake
  2. some of that comes from the poor spelling and grammar
  3. Some things can be especially buggy, like trying on this one piece i bought, or the back button
  4. I just cant get over how frustrating it can be to play. My character literally committed suicide??
  5. Sometimes it seems to update weight and bmi naturally, other times i have to check the scale and tape?
2 Likes

Update: apparently your character killing themselves, and a “you lost thanks for playing” doesn’t stop the game from continuing.

1 Like

update update: committed suicide a second time in one week.

1 Like

Uhhh, as far as i can tell its not taken down and the game maker is still releasing sporadic updates current is 0.14 . Here is the weight gaming thread about it, which is not by the game maker and has a spinoff mod in the middle of the thread confusing people. Here is the itcho.io link, where the game maker posted the game. Again to follow the the game makers updates you need to view and check their itcho.io page(i may be wrong but) i don’t believe they have a Weight Gaming account.

Ill have to look into that thanks for pointing it out. I honestly did not check to see if it actually worked properly.

So for those curious about what i have envisioned for this game, i recently came across discovered a TF game Accidental Woman, which is made with Twine and Sugarcube. This game is way further along in development than my own but has a lot of things i would like to add to mine, and obviously no weight gain content. As a side note i think the author made it mod-able and is open to people modding it and it has potential to have this fetish added. The main thing i dislike about this game and where mine will differ is less micro-management of actions each minute of the day and more automation of selecting the overall day actions and playing out the day more like a novel.

Hmm. Except your PC willfully alters your daily selections, including an insistence on exercise which means I can never get the goddamn “Fitness” meter to drop, even just taking a short walk every time. The “Happiness” meter should just take a hit if you don’t choose things the PC “wants”, but go ahead and do them without other complaint.

As to APoC, its latest update has an age content problem here in the US (but not in France, where the creator lives) which seems to mean that further discussion of the game is no bueno, and there may or may not be an English translation posted publicly going forward.

What I meant about the piece of cake, is that the thread on weight gaming is now locked, as a result of the game not “complying to US laws” since it’s a direct translation, and the French version sexualizes minors (who are legal in France at 15)

Anyways, I wanted to make some notes quick:
Trying to put on this one piece made an error.
I’ve consistently found myself going to class enough to get certificates or degrees, but sometimes the job doesn’t appear even though i cant continue the class because i have it.
It still feels very snowbally like most of my runs im struggling losing weight and barely happy, but one run I somehow maxed out greed in like 2 weeks and have been gaining a lbs a day. Cake had this problem somewhat too, though it feels more forgiving.

Edit: New problem, outgrew some clothes and tried buying new ones and changing, but for some reason i still cant start the day, it keeps opening the closet even though im in a new shirt and shorts. also, randomly character lost greed, is asking for an exercise, and switching to unhealthy?

Also, the notifications of “over your goal weight” seem to be inaccurate. Sometimes they go up or down regardless of what you currently weigh or if you’re losing/gaining.

I believe (but have no way of confirming) that the “goal weight” figure is modified by people encouraging you to lose/gain weight.

Theoretically speaking the sedentary option with only one exercise action is not enough to maintain a steady fitness level. However if your pc is walking to and from a destination in addition to this it would be enough to maintain a steady fitness level.

As to happiness it does just not directly, as in real life the act of enjoying a meal and overeating usually directly does not make you unhappy, however over time gaining weight when you want to be slimmer or want to lose weight would then make you unhappy. So like in my game there is no direct happiness impact to doing something that may in the long term make you unhappy. Overeating doesn’t get you wacked with the unhappiness stick, but gaining a bunch of weight when the character doesn’t want to would(a side effect of continually overeating).

I am aware of this. However the internet is a global thing and one countries laws do not always apply to another. I assume that citizens of countries where APoC would break laws would not play it or ignore it. It would have been better to say “APoC is no longer playable to me due to age restriction laws in my area”, then it would be clear what you meant and not mislead any user from countries where it is legal to play, to believe the game is no longer available or not being worked on.

Ok i’m sure other developers can relate, however this a fairly good example reporting errors and suspected incorrect behaviors in a terrible way. First, if an error has a debug screen with a traceback, post it. Those tracebacks literally point me back to the exact line of code that is suspect, possibly even the call. Without it i may be scouring thousands of lines of code looking for something out of place. Moving on to what i’m going to classify as a unintended effect or action, not the code erroring but rather what you believe to be an incorrect behavior, that is not what is expected. Without all the details of your character and other variables i cannot say what should be expected, and cannot even attempt to recreate it. So to answer the four question/comments.

• Was there a traceback? One piece, as in swim suit, or one piece of what? After weighing and measuring your character… What’s your weight? What’s your height? What’s your measurements? What size is the clothing item? What is the clothing item?
  • Lets separate two things first, having the degree necessary, and having the work experience needed for the job. What degree and what job?
  • A snowball effect is intended if you get certain stats to min and max levels, balance is key in this game. “Cake had this problem somewhat too, though it feels more forgiving” are you talking about event with cake in it?
  • Are you sure your actually wearing the clothing items? After weighing and measuring your character… What’s your weight? What’s your height? What’s your measurements? What size is the clothing item? What is the clothing item?

To be honest at this point the game code has changed so much its not really worth running down errors for the old version.

It is not inaccurate, maybe misleading. Its a simple calculation of your known weight - goal weight. Your goal weight changes daily even if only by ± .001, and its possible for your actual weight to be drastically higher or lower than your known weight. Your character only knows the known weight, so if the characters actual weight is under the goal weight but their know weight is over it then you can get a overweight message. The known weight is what you see in the stats bar. You don’t get to see actual weight, same as the character.

2 Likes

What I meant is that I, the player should not have my selections overridden. There can (and should) be consequences to me not giving the PC what she wants, but she should do what I tell her to without exerting her own will.

So for instance, if I tell her to eat her heart out and not exercise, she should do just that - but if she wants to eat less and work out, there should be a corresponding drop to Happiness as a ‘feedback system’ to my choices not matching her wants. And so I either change the plan to keep her Happiness in check, or find alternatives to keep her mood up (such as a better place, entertainments, better bed, clothes that fit, etc.).

4 Likes

There was, but this was in my first playthrough. By one piece, yes i mean the item labeled one piece swimsuit.
Do you need work experience with the clothing store to work at the fast food?
By cake I was comparing the game to a piece of cake
Yes I’m sure I’m actually wearing them. I can check that for you.

Also as far as the “Cake isn’t playable” thing I explicitly said that it’s locked on WG, my point was never that the game is dead, but that it’s not just “oh it goes against US laws so we shouldn’t play it” its that physically you wont be able to access it on here eventually.

Still playing this and coming to grips with it.

Desperately need some way to tell “friends” to fuck off when I don’t appreciate their input!

4 Likes

Hey, just gave this a download and went through the first ten days. Haven’t really gotten into most of the game’s mechanics but I feel like the intro is really holding the whole experience back. I see some potential with this project, so I wanted to provide feedback for the game in its current state (Ver. 1.4.2). Most of my feedback is in the form of typo correctioin, though I have also included some other comments relating to visual design and presentation. Obviously it’s your project so you get to decide what it’s like - these notes are just a product of my personal experience with the game so far.

Feedback on the game in general:

• Text options at the bottom of the screen blend into the background and are hard to read
  • Some sentences use punctuation, some don’t; more consistency would improve readability. Since you occasionally use more than one sentence per text box, I’d go with adding punctuation
  • The portion where you talk about past issues with weight has two negative choices and one neutral one. There should probably be a confident option like “It wasn’t a problem - I’ve always liked my size”
  • Adding some units for the Stats tab would be helpful
  • The measurements in the Stats tab should be rounded to something like nearest half-inch as it would help the measurements to feel less like just some calculated value and more like the PC is actually measuring themselves
  • Again, I’d round the various cost values in the game to only be clean dollar values to clean up the Cash stat. Too many decimals all over the place makes things feel less like a video game and more like an excel spreadsheet
  • The size of the menus in the Day Planner tab need to be scaled with window size - their current size and needing to scroll each one is a little rough
  • Day Planenr tab needs short descriptions over the different menus
  • Consider outlining or recoloring the red X that closes the Transporation-Closet tabs to better stand out
  • Text needs to be centered on the “Close Stats” button
  • “Grocery S” and “Clothes S” should just have “Store” written out in full as there seems to be enough space
  • All of the tabs on the main menu keep the tab banner visible when opened except for the Day Planner and Closet tabs
  • The clothing sizes need to be even numbers - women’s clothing doesn’t really come in odd sizes (I know it’s weird, but that’s the way it is). Also, the “Size X” convention isn’t used for all clothing and many things like t-shirts and hoodies would just be S, M, L etc.
  • If the sizes are meant to match US sizes then I think they’re misaligned. For instance, my PC on day 1 is 5’4" and ~136lbs and has a Size 7 t-shirt (baggy), Size 9 Jeans (baggy), Size 13 Shorts (Slim) and Size 15 Hoodie (Slim). Is the descriptor how big/small it is on me or the cut? Also, while I could believe that a M t-shirt fits albeit loosely, the jeans and shorts would be unwearably big for my PC. For reference, irl I’m a little shorter than 5’4" and weigh about 170lbs. I fit perfectly into size 6 skinny jeans and feel comfy in M shirts.
  • When I put on clothing it prints multiple conflicting descriptions, such as “Your Jeans is qutie loose requireing a belt or drwastring.Your Jeans is extremly tight almost cutting of circulation.You are now wearing your Black Jeans.”
  • Why do I have to exercise at least once? I don’t want to exercise; I want to eat! xD
  • Why does my character randomly just decide to have a different diet than what I pick for myself? What’s the point in having the choice if the game just changes it for me?
  • I had work in my schedule twice which somehow caused my boss to bring in doughnuts three times.
  • The food choices seem random which is mostly fine, but I’d consider setting up categories so the PC doesn’t start their day with a turkey club sandwich and then have a bowl of cereal right before bed
  • I ate three times a day on Unhealthy with no exercise and still lost weight and could only manage to gain weight by filling out every single block with Eat and setting it to Heart Stopping.
  • I gained one pound and half of my clothes stopped fitting. Most women (myself included) wouldn’t even notice a one pound gain, so I’d recommend that the body size ranges for certain items be increased.
  • Even on the most unhealthy diet choices, the PC will turn their nose up to doughnuts and the vending machine every time. I feel like these would be better served as actual player choices rather than something decided by the game engine.
  • Consider moving the +/- Cash notification to another part of the screen as it currently overlaps the Stats tab if you have it open.

Typo corrections and recommended text changes:

Hello welcome to Bob → Hello, and welcome to Bob!
Whats Bob, it stands for Big Obese BBW’s → What’s Bob? It stands for Big Obese BBWs.
Today you will be playing as a 18 year old female just starting out on your own. → Today you will play as an 18-year-old woman just starting out on your own. (saying “a woman” as opposed to “a female” sounds more natural and is more humanizing)
Why don’t we satart with some background, to better understand you. → Why don’t we start with some background to better understand you?
How would you discribe your shape? → How would you describe your shape?
Hows your self dicapline? → How’s your self-discipline?
Unwavering like a boulder → Unyielding like a boulder (bit of a nitpick, but using unwavering to describe a boulder just feels off as it’s not a natural sounding comparison)
Intermintant like a windshield wiper - Intermittent like windshield wipers
Eat like a bird → Ate like a bird (since it’s a past tense description)
Your parents really didn’t bother you to much about your eating habbits → Your parents really didn’t bother you too much about your eating habits.
Being pudgy? → You were a bit pudgy as a kid. How’d you handle that? (this is a bit of a guess as to your meaning - it wasn’t super clear when I read it the first time so some additional descriptive text would do you wonders during the game intro)
Was teribal i got made fun of → “It was terribal - I got made fun of” (qutoes because they’re written as verbal responses from the PC)
Was ok i faded into the background → “It was alright - I faded into the background”
Made physical activity difficult → “It made physical activity difficult”
Left to yourself you ate healtily → Even though you ate healthily, your weight thankfully didn’t attract any bullying.
Your T-Shirt is uncofertably tight digging into your breasts. → Your t-shirt is uncomfortably tight, digging into your breasts.
[Lots of typos in the clothing descriptions - I’d recommend running a full spell check here]
You should probably excersise atleast once today! → You should probably exercise at least once today!
Your boss brings in dounuts this morning! → Your boss brings in doughnuts this morning!
On your break you find yourself debating over weather to get something in the vending machine! → On your break, you find yourself debating over whether to get something from the vending machine.
You meet with [Name], who weighs, ###pounds. → You meet with [Name] who weighs ### pounds.

10 Likes

How many times do you need to attend a class for you to finish it?

OMFG this stupid fat-hater works at my PC’s condo complex (apparently) (that or she’s the Taxi driver…) and I can’t move for another 39 days. Where’s a murder-implement when you need one?

ETA: I guess I’m going hermit for a month? (That didn’t actually help, especially since the single best way to grow your “Goal Weight” number requires leaving the house…)

ETA2: Yup, it’s the taxi drivers. That would never happen IRL because they’d get complaints and lose their jobs.

5 Likes

A few of those problems you listed are just due to the nature of the game and what the dev is clearly going for. You don’t necessarily have direct control over the woman you’re playing as, she still makes a lot of choices for herself and it’s your job to gradually guide those choices towards gaining weight, not just switching to full-on glutton from day one. For instance,

• Exercising - When you first start out she’ll force herself to exercise once a day and you might end up losing a bit of weight when you first start the game, but as she gets heavier and more sedentary she’ll give this up, especially when you meet other people who encourage her to gain weight and have parties with them. She’ll even refuse to walk to work or exercise when coworkers encourage her to.
  • Diet - If she’s way above her goal weight she’s going to change her diet to try to slim down. You have to make her want to gain weight. Only way i’ve found to do this is to meet people at work/school who encourage you to gain weight and it will gradually increase her goal weight, especially if you invite those friends to parties.
  • Eating - Your greed level plays a huge factor in how easy it is to gain weight. If you eat a Heart Stopping meal with 0 greed you’ll only eat a few unhealthy things and probably won’t gain any weight, however a Heart Stopping meal with max greed will nearly max out your fullness meter, and on top of that your character will probably eat a bunch of stuff at work too (especially if you work in fast food or the bakery). You can easily increase your greed by, once again, increasing your goal weight and just making unhealthy choices at work.

I feel like a lot of people’s complaints could be solved by just going into the game with the right expectations (which could probably be helped if certain parts were explained better in-game).

Also I agree with @Schattenjaeger there seriously needs to be a way to either stop seeing certain people on transit OR a more reliable way to meet people who encourage you to gain weight (since that seems to be the only way to actually gain weight). Maybe through the computer you can buy for your house, finding a weight gain support website or whatnot? You could even make putting pictures of yourself online as a job option like in A Piece of Cake.

Either that or remove the feature where friends who encourage you to gain weight randomly decide to get picky once you reach a certain weight. I had 8 people encouraging me to gain weight and by the time I hit 400lbs every single one switched over to telling me to lose weight, even the one who would take me to buffets almost every day like buddy you’re the reason I got this huge how are you gonna tell me to lose weight now?

5 Likes

Extremely good way to increase your “goal weight” has nothing to do with people. It’s literally about getting fatter.

Intentionally don’t weigh yourself until prompted, and also consistently buy the smallest clothing that still fits. Every time it gets mentioned, say it’s “Hot” in the options and your Goal Weight will go up a bit. Also - do not measure yourself! (Or at least scum it when you do.) This seems to be what triggers exercise need and whether you want to walk or ride everywhere. Side note that this also means it’s easier to fatten up from a thin start.

7 Likes