Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

Should rollback be disabled, and or to what extent.(This may/could help with the accidental scrolling back in history.)

• Yes disable it completely
  • Yes disable it by default but leave an option to enable it
  • No leave it enabled by default but leave an option to disable it
  • No leave leave it enabled

0 voters

1 Like

Oh god yes, please disable it! The number of times I’ve been mouse-scrolling down a list and the game suddenly decides to start rolling back the day…

1 Like

I just played the game overall I liked it. Good concept. I will add my voice to the others about the difficulty. I had a good system going and, then at a certain point. The AI just seemed to counteract every single thing I tried. Have parties well… The people that normally feed the character just stop. Go to work and no snacks even show up. I still liked the game overall though.

1 Like

I was pushing the character to see how I high I could get her weight. I outgrew all the clothing sizes at 650ish,

2 Likes

Hey! I just wanted to say that this project is looking amazing so far, and I wish you luck in making it!

2 Likes

Can you die in this game and what is the easiest options when you start the game?

2 Likes

if you go too far into debt you can lose the game.

2 Likes

Well work has been keeping me real busy. However i was able to solve a major bug in the closet with clothes getting damaged just by opening the closet, and also by clicking the discard enabled/disabled button.

Uh the sizes do cover well past that, however i noticed a bug in the clothes generation and it was not using all of the sizes. should be fixed in the next version.

Death by suicide from depression yes, its not just hitting zero happiness, its being there more than not.

Uhhh that’s a mixed bag and depends on what your going for. Generally speaking a balanced characters are easier. However gonna share my favorite start is with a normal weight then try and lose weight while inching up greed then watch as the greed takes over and they sling shot into fatness.

Yes!

Ok, so seeing the results from the survey about what weight you guys seem to be trying to get your character to, knowing a lot of you are just seeing how fat you can make a character. I feel the need to say/remined you that, if there were a bell curve graph of peoples weights you’d probably be on the edge of the bell if your 350lbs+. What’s my point here, well the game is based around realism and people generally don’t wanna be 350lbs+ pounds, or want others to be above that weight. So naturally the game as you go higher and higher in weight means its harder and harder to have your character want to be that fat. Also fewer and fewer npcs will wanna see you at a weight greater than what you are at currently. Anyone pushing 600+ on a character really is exiting realism, probably less than 1% of the worlds population of females is in that weight class.

6 Likes

Just curious, will there be any events or larger goals in the game besides just gaining? I’m fine if it’s just gaining but I feel like the reason folks are trying to push their characters weight up as high as they can is because there isn’t an objective beyond that

7 Likes

I like the strive for realism in the game but I totally agree with Skinny, when there isn’t anything to do other than gain weight, well… what else do we have to do?
I think what might be a good solution is Sims style aspirations and lifelong goals that you can set at the start like everything else about the character. A way of making these traits randomly selected would be nice too.

9 Likes

Working on that there will be more to do as i expand the simulation to more parts of life.

Status update, the pace is still slow due to work, the game code is currently in pieces and if i were to try and build it it would fail miserably, as i have gotten carried away with making the npcs, into full characters like the player and giving them the ability to do everything the player can. In the current build they’re little more than a manikin placed somewhere. Also expanding the world and making it so that you compete for jobs and housing with the npcs. I probably should have released what i had before i went down this rabbit hole because it had quite a few improvements and bug fixes, but i just jumped right in.

9 Likes

How do you throw parties? I’m sorry, I can’t find the option anywhere.

1 Like

Use the party action in the day planer, which becomes available after you make friends with a npc, which can happen during each interaction with each npc. Usually it take quite a few interactions with the same npc to become friends.

1 Like

Really liking the game so far, the mechanics are really intelligently done and the day planner is pretty genius. Aside from the typos and the occasional error this is a very solid game.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds like a massive update! Excited for its release, regardless how far in the future that is.

1 Like

How the heck do I stop walking everywhere? I click on “Bus” in the Transportation window but nothing changes.

ETA: Somehow I eventually got the bus working… but I don’t know what I did to make it so…

1 Like

I really really wanna like this game its got a lot of things going for it, especially in the wake of a piece of cake being taken down. But

1. The game is confusing and difficult, even more so than a piece of cake
  2. some of that comes from the poor spelling and grammar
  3. Some things can be especially buggy, like trying on this one piece i bought, or the back button
  4. I just cant get over how frustrating it can be to play. My character literally committed suicide??
  5. Sometimes it seems to update weight and bmi naturally, other times i have to check the scale and tape?
2 Likes

Update: apparently your character killing themselves, and a “you lost thanks for playing” doesn’t stop the game from continuing.

1 Like

update update: committed suicide a second time in one week.

1 Like

Uhhh, as far as i can tell its not taken down and the game maker is still releasing sporadic updates current is 0.14 . Here is the weight gaming thread about it, which is not by the game maker and has a spinoff mod in the middle of the thread confusing people. Here is the itcho.io link, where the game maker posted the game. Again to follow the the game makers updates you need to view and check their itcho.io page(i may be wrong but) i don’t believe they have a Weight Gaming account.

Ill have to look into that thanks for pointing it out. I honestly did not check to see if it actually worked properly.

So for those curious about what i have envisioned for this game, i recently came across discovered a TF game Accidental Woman, which is made with Twine and Sugarcube. This game is way further along in development than my own but has a lot of things i would like to add to mine, and obviously no weight gain content. As a side note i think the author made it mod-able and is open to people modding it and it has potential to have this fetish added. The main thing i dislike about this game and where mine will differ is less micro-management of actions each minute of the day and more automation of selecting the overall day actions and playing out the day more like a novel.