Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

I would prefer it if the clothing had descriptions of their measurements so the player doesn’t have to buy multiple sets of clothing that don’t fit to find the one that works by process of elimination

3 Likes

are you not trying the clothes on in store?

Sometimes the “try on” description doesn’t explicitly say that it doesn’t fit.

1 Like

anything that has “way to big …” or “can’t’ be pulled over…” in the description cannot be put on while every thing else while your able to put it on may be varying degrees of fitting.

1 Like

My problem with the ‘try on’ is that to boots you back up to the top of the list. If there’s a function to try on and buy, that’d help a lot.

3 Likes

not a question I can realistically answer, given:
A) I’m just trying to keep meh lil’ guy happy, and
B) I care more about doing literally everything I can in one go, and then making a character for each of my OC’s.
Call me chaotic neutral, because I’m voting the lowest option to alter the avg. slightly.

1 Like

That is from how renpy’s screen rendering happens, it annoys me to, however i’m not currently aware of how to fix this, outside of creating my own custom rendering class from scratch which i’m not sure is worth the effort.

Also cannot have a add to cart button with the try on text rendering because we pass out of scope of the clothing item, meaning there is no way to pass it to the cart. I can think of a few ways around this however it involves redoing the store which takes time, meaning if/when this issue makes it high enough on the to do list over features that are not even in game yet, it will be fixed.

So both of those are sort of separate issues that i would like to fix at some point, its just a matter of time.

I think of it less of a “goal weight” and more of “can the weight go a little higher”. I’m always trying to increase the characters weight, with no end goal in mind; that’s part of the reason i like this game. A lot of other games either have a hard cap or let you get to astronomical weights too quickly.

8 Likes

Alright, so I’m not sure what the problem is here exactly, but as of v1.4.2, my character is over 460 pounds and 64 inches tall and it’s day 459 now, but this problem started probably around 450-ish. But the problem is, even though I set the cooling and heating of the house to 85 and 80 respectively, my character is always uncomfortably cold. It seems there’s a heat wave going on at the moment because the outdoor temperature is consistently over 100, so that might have something to do with it? But I’m pretty sure at higher weights your character is supposed to have a slight cold resistance, right? So I’m really confused why she always seems to be uncomfortably cold…

3 Likes

Ummmmmmmmmm, my bad, copy and pasted code, and forgot to change the text, your character is actually hot its just saying the cold text. Your character should be happy as long as your house temperature is in-between 71.8 and 64.8. Setting cooling to 71 and heating to 65 should achieve this.

2 Likes

I recall having the exact same issue, so I’m glad to see this is being addressed now.

2 Likes

yea… i looked at the all the code logic(which is correct) and ignored the text(the incorrect part) last time.

Gosh, I get a kick when I end up somehow dividing by zero. It seems as though my play style is too bad for this game. Oh well.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/p_work.rpy", line 95, in <module>
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 522, in eventsfire
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 488, in eventfire
  File "game/eventslist_work_general.rpy", line 18, in coworker_leftovers
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 219, in chanceg
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 151, in mfullness
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "start_day.rpyc", line 12, in script call
  File "dp_check.rpyc", line 626, in script call
  File "p_work.rpyc", line 95, in script
  File "C:\Users\Hadesciphe\Desktop\Vacuos Duos\void\Rarereplay\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Hadesciphe\Desktop\Vacuos Duos\void\Rarereplay\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/p_work.rpy", line 95, in <module>
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 522, in eventsfire
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 488, in eventfire
  File "game/eventslist_work_general.rpy", line 18, in coworker_leftovers
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 219, in chanceg
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 151, in mfullness

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.4.2
Wed Aug 26 04:38:37 2020

same as

same as

if you see this:

File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 151, in mfullness
its the same bug in 1.4.1 and 1.4.2

Until i release a new version with the fix you will continue to get this bug. Its a problem with a variable that its possible for it to end up with a value of zero being used to divided by in the function mfullness.

ah. That’s quite the Radical problem then. Sorry for the multi-posting. That’s my bad…

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. Thank ya!

1 Like

Really like this game. What about metric system support? With killogramms and santimeters instead of lb and inches.

1 Like

My answer is still the same, its just not high on the priority list.

I really like the idea of this!
Though I will admit I feel really dumb because I can’t figure out how to clean my house…

1 Like

Use the clean action in the day planner.