Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

Got this error after only inviting one person to a party. If I’m understanding the error, I dont think he showed up.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/p_party.rpy", line 7, in <module>
  File "game/npc.rpy", line 381, in scramblenpcslist
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (0,0, 0)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "start_day.rpyc", line 12, in script call
  File "p_party.rpyc", line 7, in script
  File "C:\Users\bryce\Downloads\MEEEEEEMES\Memes that I regret (not good for the soul)\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\bryce\Downloads\MEEEEEEMES\Memes that I regret (not good for the soul)\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/p_party.rpy", line 7, in <module>
  File "game/npc.rpy", line 381, in scramblenpcslist
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 242, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 218, in randrange
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (0,0, 0)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.4.2
Fri Aug 21 16:03:51 2020
1 Like

Also received this after clicking “wear” on a bikini.

While running game code:
  File "game/closetL.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/clothing.rpy", line 606, in wearclothing
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'flag_firstSwimsuit' referenced before assignment

Full traceback:
  File "closetL.rpyc", line 2, in script
  File "C:\Users\bryce\Downloads\MEEEEEEMES\Memes that I regret (not good for the soul)\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\bryce\Downloads\MEEEEEEMES\Memes that I regret (not good for the soul)\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/closetL.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/clothing.rpy", line 606, in wearclothing
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'flag_firstSwimsuit' referenced before assignment

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.4.2
Fri Aug 21 17:40:54 2020
1 Like

can i get some tips for raising target weight? i’ve seemed to heavily stagnated at around 250 lbs.

1 Like

The best way i found is to have parties with people higher weight than you and people who encourage you to gain weight. I found it got a lot tougher around the same target weight you did, but i’ve been able to get it over 300 and keep it there.

As you get bigger there are fewer people bigger than you and fewer people encouraging you to gain, so it naturally gets harder.

Edit: also always say those any amount bigger than you are hot if asked, as well as saying it’s hot when you outgrow clothes and weigh yourself after not having done so in a while (if you gained weight).

6 Likes

After a few days of doing a Clean-Exercise-Exercise-Work-Work-School routine, this happened when it tried to do the second exercise

While running game code:
  File "game/p_exercise.rpy", line 69, in <module>
  File "game/p_eat.rpy", line 123, in snack
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 213, in chanceg
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 151, in mfullness
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Full traceback:
  File "dp_check.rpyc", line 626, in script call
  File "p_exercise.rpyc", line 69, in script
  File "C:\Users\piper\Downloads\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\piper\Downloads\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\Bob-Alpha1.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/p_exercise.rpy", line 69, in <module>
  File "game/p_eat.rpy", line 123, in snack
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 213, in chanceg
  File "game/pfuncs.rpy", line 151, in mfullness
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.4.2
Sun Aug 23 21:01:12 2020
1 Like

Thanks to all for the bug reports. I have fixed or am working on all of them, for the next version.

I was recently was between jobs allowing for a lot of quick responses and updates. I just recently started a new job meaning my response time and new versions will probably be slowed.

Yea, the party code needs refining, working on this. I intend for the party to introduce you to new people as well as allow you to see selected friends.

Are you using a older save? I cannot see why line 118 would cause a key error, nor can i recreate the issue.

Right direction wrong conclusions and logic. Number of exercise actions taken has no bearing on the ai’s check/choice for the exercise option that decides how intense the workout is. However a more intense exercise option selected by you or the ai can result in your character not wanting to work out x times in a day, or blowing off the exercise during the day when it is executed. The exercise option is like selecting how far to run, every time you do the exercise action.

To start with a text description of the character, right now the mirrors implications in the game are there its text is just set to the current place holder till all descriptions are written. At some point i’m either going to have to learn how to make drawings/graphics of people or find an artist to do so. I intend for it to also give you a image of your character with the text that ideally would match with the current description.

Your character is as informed about their weight measurements and looks as you are. For example lets say you weigh 150lbs and weigh yourself and see that your 150lbs. Then gain 10lbs, also your target weight is 150lbs. Until you weigh yourself to see that you gained 10lbs to 160lbs your character is also just as ignorant as you thinking they only weigh 150lbs even though they weigh 160lbs. The implication of this is that they don’t know they need to loose weight till they know their over their target weight. Same with the mirror, not knowing you look fatter means your character does not know they need to loose weight.

I already have answered this as much as i’m willing to. The game has many more complex mechanics to be used that can help you. Get creative!

6 Likes

It was a fresh file; I don’t use save files when playing WIPs.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new job! Still excited about future updates, even if they are less frequent.

8 Likes

Congratulations on the new job! I’m excited to see where this game goes from here, but I understand real life takes precedence over this. Even if the updates take a while, I’ll be glad to see what this game becomes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Should you start the game with…

• Best possible fitting clothes
  • Clothes that can be put on(current implementation)

0 voters

Should different jobs and locations have dress requirements, like nicer clothing or specific dress codes?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I think being able to encourage others to gain (both people supporting your gain and those against it) so that their weight (and therefore tolerance to weight) would increase, would be a great way to solve the, “no one’s supporting my gain problem.”

10 Likes

I may be wrong but I see no interactions between and car size I=my character is over 400lbs and idk if my character isn’t big enough or something along those lines if its already in the game

2 Likes

That’s why you can feed others at parties! However changing a npcs mind about what your target weight should/would not, necessarily be affected by what they weigh or want to weigh. You can want to be fat yourself but not want your significant other or friends to be fat. Also it can be flip flopped and you can want to be skinny yourself and but like others fat.

Cars are in the game but i have not gotten around to fully implementing them and their effects, or their events, for the most part their a place holder. You are right that currently car size does not effect you depending on your weight in the current version.

I’m definitely looking forward to the descriptions of your PC struggling to fit into the car

2 Likes

Another issue I just noticed, there is no ability to cancel pool subscriptions. If you get a house and already had the pool subscription, it will instead give you a pool by default. Final pool problem is that swimwear wont unequip when you out grow them so you can technically still wear a bikini even if you discarded it.

1 Like

What is your goal weight for your character?

• 200-
  • 700+

0 voters

1 Like

My goal weight isnt so much of a weight preference as it is a highscore. I’ve got smaller goals i want to get to (like being bigger around than I am tall) but my end goal is to see how far I can push the character’s weight.

3 Likes

The game has no hard coded limit to character size or weight, most limits are soft limits imposed by interactions and peer pressure. I guess i’m not quite sure the weight you would run out of clothing sizes but if someone achieved that and was able to tell me i would probably add more sizes or a custom tailoring option for sizes beyond the current.

By the way size 60 baggy clothing has measurements of 170.5inches 167inches 175inches so most all characters at that point would be almost twice as wide as they are tall