A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

Make sure to go on walks to keep your well being up and stress down. Do not be overly full at the end of the day otherwise you’ll get sick making your health worse. Some jobs cause more stress than others like being a teacher. This isn’t a game where you can just stuff yourself endlessly and expect good results you need to consider a lot of factors. Gaining weight is slow and gradual.

Alright, thanks! So does my fullness bar like upgrade or something? Can you eat more each day if you have it like 3/4 of the bar every time?

Also, even when I eat a bit the bar doesn’t go up at first, after a few times when I for example click on the bag of bonbons it finally goes up. Is there a problem or should it be like that?

I figured out why I made no money from ice cream the formula was doing 4/10=integer so 0 price.

I could’ve sold my ice cream cones for 40 cents with being popular enough to sell 100 a day and the number would’ve been small but not zero so I wouldn’t’ve suspected a bug.

a lot of things scale it up, but yeah, it’s intended i think for post-mayor gameplay.

edit: Still think pollution is bugged an inverted, my life expectancy dropped by 2 years right after I spammed out 4or5 articles on anti-pollution at the university.

1 Like

Speaking of pollution, it seems that no matter how many people read my papers, it doesn’t seem to be enough to effect the pollution levels. Something is severly messed up here.

Why does my ice cream sell at 0? How do I increase the price or how do I get more money from my ice cream shop? Sorry for asking so many questions, I just love this game!

edit: Now I know lol

I want to know why my life expentancy keeps going down? It went from 59 to 56. I also wonder why my health is deteriorating even tho I have my bar at 3/4?

edit: Now it is at 47 :frowning:

go for walks, drink water and salads when health is low or normal and when you are streesed also do relaxing things

1 Like

Okay, thanks! Sorry for asking too many questions, I’m not very good at games

It’s fine to ask questions. The game has a bit of a learning curve and can be a bit punishing. I learned that from first hand and figured out how to not have it happen by carefully planning it out in multiple save files

1 Like

Yeah, the game’s awful, just another janky Ren’Py game made by another dev in over their head, but it’s got a lot of cool ideas, I hope the dev goes on for a long time to fix it.
It’s not even a learning curve thing like what’s been brought up in the thread, my character’s health has always been really bad for reasons I don’t know, so I’ve switched her to a “vegetarian yoga mom” lifestyle with proper diet and exercise, and she’s still getting sick every three days or so; every other day if I so much as slip up once.
After I gave up on that, and watched her start losing loads of weight, I switched her to a “fat NEET” lifestyle, and forcefed her all kinds of high-cal foods and she’s still a stick figure made of skin and bones that barely gains a couple pounds before her metabolism apparently goes superhuman and she starts losing again.

The most annoying bug is that the satiety meter doesn’t have a bottom or a top, if you avoid eating for a day or two, the meter stays empty for like a whole party’s worth of pizzas before it starts to fill, and if you KEEP eating, the meter maxes out and you can perma-stuff yourself, being 10000% full to where you don’t need to eat for a couple years.
I think I’m probably about done with fooling around with the game and making alts to try to figure it out, the game’s just not good enough to be worth wasting my time like this.

It’s actually pretty easy. You just have to go on like three walks a day and then stuff yourself without exceeding the limits. Repeat until you get fans and money and then you win.

1 Like

I just go to the gym and now she is usually healthy. I also don’t know how to get more intelligence or how to get followers. Is it by reading scientific papers and researching in the university and publishing articles? And getting followers from doing the mayor thing the only way? Because I really wanna become the mayor lol (i’m not really good with english, it is my third language)

You become more intelligent by reading papers and attending conferences at college. I don’t think publishing articles contributes to your intelligence. You can also get fans from doing the not only fans thing on the laptop. In fact, it is by far the superior option compared to research paper for getting followers.

Being elected mayor requires both intelligence and followers. I’m not sure if becoming mayor is affected by RNG but I haven’t been able to become mayor by year 2. There might be a better strategy but IDK.

You should also try to be rich by the time you become mayor, you can contribute your funds to the coffers of the city, vastly inflating your budget.

So, I don’t really need followers if I got a huge fan base like over 100k or more? Okay, thanks! Also, is publishing articles not useful if you are rich? Because I feel like publishing articles contributes to people becoming more obese and a better environment

If you want to influence the town then you should publish papers. The only other way to influence the town is by becoming mayor and those effects are one-time constant effects. Just remember that publishing papers is stressful.

Okay, thanks.

edit: Gotta say some random stuff to get to 20 characters lol

I have 10 million fans and 7k followers and have read several scientific books + researched a lot but still haven’t become mayor. It has gone 7 years in the game and I am 20 because I drank the Youth Potion but still, why can’t I become the mayor? I really need some help here, please

because the 7k is insanely low to become mayor, just spend time units 2/2/4 in a three day rotation on research/research/writepaper

also life expectancy below 50 is due to pollution, which is implemented in a buggy way that often somehow makes actions meant to reduce pollution actually increase pollution and no one has been able to fix it.

life expectancy that plummets to 50 is just because you have a bmi of like 40.

So, only research and then writepaper? No reading scientific books or papers? Because I usually just spend time on reading scientific books, papers, research and go to conventions. Sometimes I spend time on writing papers if I get that option