A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

You can avoid meeting your friend until you have the resources to feed her regularly. Once you do meet her, you need to spend time with her every few days and provide her with food. Eventually, you can hire a food service to feed her for you.

As for starting the game, if you need a leg up you can spam buy lottery tickets. You’ll make more money than you lose and can easily build up a cushion of several thousand dollars. If health is an issue, remember to go for walks or engage in some other form of exercise every day, and don’t overeat too much at the end of the day. Working too much will kill your mood which also hurts your health.

1 Like

How do you stream in the game

Actually got the ice-cream shops before being elected somehow? I had more money than I knew the name for the numbers I was on by the time I got elected lmao

Gotta buy the PC and use it to make an account

So I start advertising ?

1 Like

I got this error while trying to patch the game and none of the posts on this thread are helpful. What is the problem?

If you use crtl-f and search for “utf8” in this topic you find another instance where there was a locale problem (set to Japanese either now or when Java was installed). Please double check you locale settings, unzip the original game again, make sure it works in French. Then try patching again. If it still doesn’t work re-install Java while you are set to an European or American locale and repeat from unziping the original game again.

I checked my locale and its set to european. I then uninstalled and installed java and installed the patch. Still the same error.

Did the game run in French (before patching)? Some unzip tools can also mess up uft8 files. 7zip seems safe.

I used 7zip and the game ran fine in french

I am the one who had it set to japanese locale and that broke it, try setting locale to united states as that’s the locale I used to get it working.

If you open one of the script files (eg. game/script.rpy) with Notepad before patching in the bottom right does it say “UTF-8 with BOM”? Does that change after patching? Just looking for clues now as to what has happened. Also what version of Windows are you using?

Hmm yeah, I got my ice cream before being elected, 30,000fans 1,000 followers, ice cream sells for 0.00$ hope it’s not broken, maybe once I’m mayor I can charge more than 0?

It’s UTF-8 with BOM before and after the patch

1 Like

I’m honestly at a loss then (before when there have been problems the UTF-8 byte order marker got stripped and the file “converted” to ASCII). Could you upload the broken translated script.rpy somewhere and DM me a link?

yup investing what you can into advertising every time you can is fastest for me at least

so, uh, yeah, how do I get ice cream to sell for more than 0$? I’ve hired more waitresses, added a new flavor, upgraded my cones… or are you just never meant to own an ice cream shop without first being mayor so it’s not initialized properly?

I think the pollution bug might still present in the latest build, the pollution level only ever seems to go up and my health only seems to go down no matter what I do.

1 Like

Note to self, and anyone searching this thread later: This problem where the patched files were still marked with the UTF-8 BOM was caused by a single broken character. On line 6081 there’s a comment with the word SUCCÈS, while the patched one had SUCC�?S. Removing those two funny characters made it so the game would run. I’ve no idea why or how this could happen as the patcher copies comment lines one for one.

Why is this game so hard? I keep getting worse wellbeing, health and I also lose weight every day even though I eat and make the hunger ball full. It is also super hard to earn money :(, please help me and give me tips or what I should do and what I should not to do