A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

It wont show me an option to buy the ice cream shop after buying the laboratory is this normal or suppose to happen?

Or may been the luxury store buying possibly or when I had looked at it I had not 5 actions im not sure yet.

Reloading a save of mine I did yeah it was cuz I didn’t have 5 actions tho this time I bought ice cream shop first beforehand and man it’s hard to get to become mayor…

i fixed it, i had to reboot my system locale.

I’ve never seen an option related to buying a luxury store, I wonder how I get that? I’ve played a decent amount so far and I have yet to see it come up. It might be like how it is with writing scientific papers and I just need to do something I haven’t tried yet.

I think you can only buy it once your friend mentions that she works there.

Oh crap, I think she inexplicabally died of malnutrition early in my run. Which is really strange because I have no idea how that is possible without some kind of wasting disease, it’s not like she never ate.

Hmm, in 0.16 I remember getting tons of events at the library, and I remember there being more clothing options to buy, I know I just started in 0.18 but my start feels a bit rougher than in 0.16, although of course with the pollution bugs fixed there’s no automatic game over waiting for me in year 10…

edit: I checked the code, and it actually makes sense, in 0.16 being a teacher or a camgirl gave the same type of “fame”, and there is a low lying fame requirement for the library events… but now there’s two types of fame in 0.18 and only one of the two is used for this if statement.

I might have this wrong, but it fits.

It’s so hard to become mayor ngl I’ve tried several times for it to do so but no didn’t get it so far

Every time you fail you’ll gain more followers, which makes your next attempt more likely. Your number of followers needs to beat an RNG roll of between 500 and 50k. Write research papers in between attempts at the mayorship and you’ll get there eventually.

1 Like

will someone tell me how to manage my health and wellbeing, because I have no idea what to do

I’ve done it like 7 times and my character is likely to die before getting there it’s quite a problem

Make sure not to be too full at the end of the day and pay attention to which jobs you do. Jobs like teacher have high stress. Going on walks also helps decrease stress

not going to lie but this game is hard af, is there a guide or something i can look at to help me with the game

No guide, but there’s a lot of help both in this thread and the one linked in the OP. Broadly: prioritize health and wellbeing, exercise, relax, don’t work too hard, develop passive income, upgrade housing, don’t speak to your friend in the street until you’re ready, and don’t try to gain too quickly - that’s your last priority.

2 Likes

yeah this game is quite confusing especially since it was done in french first

for money i always just invest in streaming every day. eventually all of a sudden you start making millions a day but it no longer gives you an easy win for the local elections it seems? might be cause i let the friend die since i hate dealing with her when ive seen all the content for them now.

You need both fans (people who follow your video streams) and followers (people interested in your intelect - from teaching and research) to get elected. Nothing to do with the friend. Once you start passing laws a chain of ice cream shops will leave your stream income in the dust!

1 Like

is there any way to stop your friend dying from malnutrition?

Make sure to get her food regularly either in your home, in the park, in a restaurant, or outdoors. There’s no secret, she needs to eat.

The game doesn’t tell me which is odd also im on 0.17b not 0.18 as that version is in french. Plus idk how to start the game effectively

Get 0.18 and run the patcher linked in the OP (the translation work is the whole point of this topic).

I’m not sure what you mean by the rest, I replied about 3hrs ago about how to play. And I’d assume that it was common knowledge that people who don’t eat die of malnutrition, just as people who eat too much get fatter (this is Weight Gaming after all). Just to be clear I didn’t write this game, I translated it, so I can’t improve it. There are many many suggestions in both topics about how to play; please read them.

2 Likes