A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

Not a problem, and you’re not a klutz! I don’t know why it didn’t manage the final step, but it’s done the important ones - have fun!

Can you do a screen grab of your file explorer with the directory open and include the path part in the image too?

Nvm I found the problem it’s that the file was inside another file because my extraction thing is really weird so I moved the file out and it worked, ty for the help

1 Like

Right now I’m trying to figure out how you buy this ice cream shop, I’ve tried walking and jogging a few times but I haven’t seen any mention of it yet.

It’s in the menu where you buy other businesses, but you need 5 actions free as it’s an all day job.

Are you sure? I have five hours free but I don’t see it as an option. I’m assuming you mean the “Buy” menu where you can also buy the bar, it’s not there.

That’s not v0.18 - so no ice cream shop.

I’ll install it inside of a new folder and see if anything changes, previously I just overwrote the old files with the new ones, maybe something there is blocking it.

Edit: That seemed to work, I guess copying things over into the old folder doesn’t work properly.

1 Like

Good to know. Ren’Py can be a bit strange so I wouldn’t ever advise this in any case. Plus you’ll have ended up with duplicates of script4 the mayor one as it was renamed and it would bomb out when you became mayor.

Hey how can I get the friend to be able to drink more water without making her fat.

Now my question is, how do I get the other research for the icecream shop? I got the research for the cones but that’s all for the moment,

Water capacity increase on one glass per every drinking to limit

The formula is: jcapac = (jimc/2)+(jwatcap) there jcapac is friend’s capacity, jimc is her weight and jwatcap is number of previous drinking to limit

If you’ve played through before you probably know there’s relevant optimisations elsewhere for improving dairy products once you have some control over the town.

As a test in one of my saves, I used a save editor to activate all of the flags that I assume activate the research for the icecreams. Now if only I understood french and could figure out what most of the other flags are, I figured out the ones for money and inteligence, which is useful but that only gets me so far.

Edit: Incidentally, there is no way to check in-game what things you have or havent already researched, so there is not immediate way to tell if what I did actually worked as intended.

You’ll miss a lot of the fun stuff doing that, and no it won’t make any sense because of the way Ren’Py’s choice menus are filtered.

BTW There’s a bunch of debug commented out around line 2110 of script.rpy. If you want to use the debug, uncomment those lines and re-patch.

1 Like

I’m probably missing something obvious, but is there a reason my ice cream shop is giving away the ice cream? E.g. end of day notice says “You have attracted XX customers and sold your ice cream at an average price of $0.00.”

Did you employ waitresses to serve the ice-cream? Raise their salary? Reseach new flavours? I haven’t been through the logic, but mine ended up bringing in an insane amount of profit.

One or two of each, but not much yet. So it’s like the video account in that it starts at zero? Seems a bit odd it’s not like the bar or lab, but as long as it’s not bugged.

Edit: bought some more upgrades and suddenly it’s printing money.

Edit: My apologies, forgot to say thanks!

1 Like

any chance someone can just post the correct rpy files post-patch? I’ve been running the patcher and it keeps throwing out an error when I try to start the game afterwards. the script files are all plaintext so such a “patch” would only be like 200-300kilobytes anyways right?

I always made sure to load the untranslated version first before I patched it, I’m not sure what it changes but it seemed to work. If you haven’t done that maybe give it a try.

1 Like