A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

I remember someone saying hypertension was based on your capacity compared to your weight. Basically, if you die from hypertension, rewind to the previous day and take a bunch of capacity boosting stuff.

@phoenixfelix101 is correct as far as I’m aware. If your capacity is too low compared to the amount of fat gained, then the hypertension ending triggers.

1 Like

Ooh OK thank you for the help.

1 Like

How do you get the temple? I can’t seem to figure it out by myself.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never figured this out either

1 Like

Here’s a new version of the English patcher for C’est de la tarte v0.18 (that adds the ice cream shop, national rankings, and a little more Maude content).

Usual caveats apply:

Don’t have your locale set to a Japanese one!

• Install Java (tested with Java 8 - should work with later versions)
  • Get v0.18 from itch
  • Make sure it works in French!
  • Make any code edits before patching (or edit xxx-rpy.copy and re-patch) - see below
  • Unpack this patcher and follow the ReadMe to change it to English
  • Start a new game

patch-poc-v0.18.zip (338.3 KB)

As usual, I didn’t write the original game, and cannot fix any issues that occur in the game.

13 Likes

You need to take the statue from random event in library

Statue from library? Hmm never seen it.

where do i find the .jar file? I have java installed

I’ve been getting this error whilst trying to translate, how can I deal with this?

It’s the one called RenTx.jar in the same folder as ReadMe.txt.

For some reason it just shows up as this

Either the directory you unpacked it into isn’t writeable, or you haven’t actually unpacked the file - you need to unzip it, not navigate into it with Windows explorer.

You have .jar files associated with your archive/zip program (some of them are really dumb - 7zip is a good/free one). Right-click, choose properties. Where it says “opens with” click the Change button and choose Java.

Oh thank you for the quick response! I’ve extracted it, which I assume also means unpack, so which directory would be writeable?

1 Like

I did what the instructions said and I clicked open on the 0.18 one but it still doesn’t show a patch option

The directory where RenTx.jar is needs to be writeable. . It does the following:

• Backup the game script files
  • Check it has all the translations
  • Re-write the script files with English
  • Write out the translation maps

The patcher puts the translation maps there once it is done so you can make quick fixes if you need to. As is the last step it does, it’s already patched the game - and it should be in English now, even if you don’t have the maps written. Maybe check your drive isn’t full?

Well, I was a klutz and didn’t think to check after seeing an error message, translation worked! Again thank you for the help

1 Like

That is odd. It’s specifically looking for the file Cestdelatarte.py in your chosen directory, and can’t find it. That file is critical for the game to work! Did you unzip the original game and then try running it to make sure it worked before patching?

Yes I did and it worked fine