A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

Must admit that I made an account only to reply this. I have always been willing to help in games but never had the opportunity since most of it is translation from japanese games or stuff alike, coding/developing, which I am not qualified. In this case, I’m pretty familiar with French and I’d love to help you if you need help for some translation parts.

Sorry, it looks like my build system broke and didn’t include all the changes. I’ve updated the download (above) so it includes all the translations. It is safe just to re-patch with the new version.

1 Like

@Hylith Welcome to WG! It would be great if you could help. My French isn’t brilliant and I’m sure there are some translations that could stand improvement.

The simplest way to contribute changes is to run the patcher above on the French version of the game. It will create a bunch of files called map-xxx.txt. These contain pairs of lines: the original French (starting with “o ”) and the replacement English (starting with “ ”). For example:

o balançant librement dans un t-shirt prêt à exploser.
  swinging freely in a t-shirt that's ready to explode.

If you edit the English lines with a UTF-8 capable editor (Notepad on Windows 10 does fine) and re-run the patcher then it will put your new translations into the game for testing. Send me the map files you have changed and I can merge them into the patcher for everyone. The patcher is then used to build the English downloads on Parvinjaan’s site.

If you are on the Piece of Cake discord, drop me a DM there and I can add you (or get you added) to the “translation-bakers” group.

It’s okay, thank you for that!

1 Like

In addition to the “being active” thing, you need to drink water and have fruit. It’s tedious, but three glasses of water + two fruit salads have been enough to keep my character healthy no matter the size. I haven’t found that being overfull (the stomach bar being full/slightly overfull) makes a difference - just make sure you’re not totally stuffed (kicked out of the kitchen) and it’s normally fine.

Mental health is a function of working vs. outdoor time. Play hooky and walk in the park for a day and you’ll get a bump up in your mental health.

I’ve found that you really don’t need to eat all that healthy. When grinding out to get a bigger belly or ass I consistently eat pizza exclusively and as long as you walk like 2 times your health is fine, and don’t forget talking to your friend is the best way to help your mental.

1 Like

Is that true? I remember getting bogged down when I first picked it up, and that (water + fruit) was recommended to me by the creator on their discord.

It’d be super cool if you could skip all that and just chat/walk and be fine. But either way, it’s great to know.

1 Like

water and fruit is only really needed if you get sick imo

1 Like

oh so did he read my comment? on dev art? or possibly others complaining?

no english version? or it is partly translated?

The pre-patched English version is now available on itch io, see link in OP. Mac version to follow when I find my notes on how to do it.

3 Likes

I keep having this issue where if I get sick once I continue to lose weight every night despite having food in my characters stomach before she ends the day. It happens after she recovers too.

It’s not my game, only my translation. I suspect you aren’t looking after your wellbeing. At the start only work once per day, go jogging, go for walks.

1 Like

if your in a tent that might be why

Probably a dumb question, but what’s the full change log so far? The one I see in the current translation still says it’s for v0.12.

Do you mean for the game, or the patcher? I’m guessing the former. I’m not the developer of the game but from memory:
0.13 added the mayor/marie changes
0.14 added becoming queen, and Maude
0.15 removed Maude pending a re-write and added being able to eat before bed, and some other small bits and pieces

1 Like

How do you get the friend to move in? I’m living in the palace, provide catering as well as got her to above 300 kilograms

1 Like

I didn’t think you could do that

3 Likes

Any idea what’s causing this - after every so often, I’ve checked in the mirror and it says my skin’s translucent.

not enough sunbathing.
I think its a rough translation of having very pale skin.
The type where you can see the veins ect.

3 Likes