A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

Not sure why but it seems like no matter what I do my character starts inexplicably losing weight…

Your wellness and health are high? And your hunger bar is above 3/4 full?

I can easily fix the health but I’ve yet to figure out how to fix wellness.

I fix wellness by reading romance novels at the library. Theres some cool encounters there too

1 Like

the important part of the game is getting a better house and remembering to take care of this person they need exercise and sunlight like most humans

is there a way to start a relationship with the friend

Yeah I can’t keep my wellbeing up either, no matter how much reading or walking or swimming or whatever I do. There must be something I’m missing.

I also seem to get sick almost every other day even though I eat fruit and drink liquids every day. Maybe I need more exercise?

what you should do is watch eat a Fruit salad, TV, than Walk and Jog, i did this and my life ecpecantyn went up to 63 and wellbeing became excellent.

I was playing on normal, I couldn’t afford an apartment (which seems to be the only way to get a tv?) I restarted on easy and everything is much easier now, staying healthy seems a lot easier, either due to the setting or just the apartment itself.

How do I stock my pantry with food items that aren’t normally found in my kitchen? Like donuts and biscotti and yogurt? I haven’t found a food store in town yet?

edit: hmm, what specifically unlocks meeting your friend? random walking around town? certain number of days? I swear I had it a lot earlier in my last run.

you just keep going on a walk around town thats all.

1 Like

hmm, if translucent skin is caused by not getting enough sun (I was foolishly wearing a sunhat) is there a way to get it back to normal? no amount of swimming in a bikini seems to grant me an increased tan.

edit: oh btw what’s the statue do?

you need to specifically sunbathe you cannot just tan in this game like in real life to need to flag the game that your tanning and yes the reason you were constantly sick on normal is because you started in a tent or the crappy apartment first priority is upgrading your place of living it’s 100% essential

It seems unlikely that anyone could afford to buy a house before their skin becomes clear. I guess inability to sunbathe anywhere in public is a bit of an oversight? Then again, I guess I could just start off born with a tan instead of white, heh.

edit: okay so I played a lot more, how do you know when you’re done? Is the final event with your friend the seista option? or is anything after that?

What are the largest sizes the main character can reach? do they cap out at? The highest ones I’ve seen are:

“huge chest that nothing can contain”
“seriously overflows your figure, and we won’t talk about your thick love handles”
“your posterior would crush anyone in an instant”

alright I gotta ask: can someone give me a breakdown of what effect each of the opening questions has on the player character? Some of them are obvious but others i have no clue. I’ve spoken to Parvinjaan about this and he was just kinda coy about it lol. Anyone got the answers?

1 Like

is there a way to starrt a relationship with the friend no one told me if its possible.

last I knew there was not YET a way to do so as last I knew it had not yet been started

Answering a bunch of random questions (laptop died):

Translucent skin is caused by a low body fat, and nothing directly to do with sunbathing. However sunbathing reduces stress/improves wellbeing, which affects how you gain.

Relationship with friend no, not beyond friendship, and Parvinjaan has said there’s not going to be anything explicitly sexual in the game.

Unlock Friend you won’t encounter her until you’ve enough cash on hand to reasonably be able to support her - this is new in v0.15. In any case when given the option I wouldn’t approach her until you’ve got yourself in a stable state.

Health/Wellbeing Health is physical health - exercise. Wellbeing is mental health - relaxing things (walking, resting, swimming, reading fiction etc) improve it. Working (some jobs are worse than others), stressful events, and your housing situation make it worse.

Opening Questions I could spend hours working out what all of these do. The less obvious ones seem to have very minor and temporary effects on your starting condition - I wouldn’t sweat about them. If you really want to know (cheat?) then they start at line 1700 or so in game/script.rpy.

7 Likes

thank you for the answers it helps out

1 Like

Hoping for an answer to help out! I was playing and doing just fine, excellent health and excellent well-being, but randomly died of hypertension with no way to reverse it. Any way insight as to what happened?

i had the same problem what i do is walk and jog once or twice try it