A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français) English Translation [RenPy]

Then translucent skin is bugged because I literally had it when I was maximum fattest on breasts/belly/butt

@tacobitetoughguy Hypertension is, I think, gaining too much fat in one day. I’ve never been able to make it happen myself. You’ll have to go back to the previous day and - behave differently?

1 Like

@namad Internally body fat is separate from breasts/belly/butt. If there’s a bug you need to report it on the developer’s discord, not here. It’s not my game.

Damn I never thought I would be punished for being too good at a weight gain game haha! I love the game but I don’t really love that as a part of it, though I can’t argue that it doesn’t make sense. Thanks for the insight!

1 Like

are there any cheats on how to get money fast and if not how do you make money quickly?

for me i did auto clicker on lottery ticket s until i got 560,204 dollars

My personal strategy is to start with working a job at the Lab, go school until I can be a school teacher, then keep going until I can teach at the college. While that’s going on, as soon as I can afford it like at all, I buy the computer and set up a CurvyVids account, and make a couple of vids to start with. Then every chance I can spare it, I dump money into advertising my account, you don’t even have to make many videos after that. Your viewers and the ad revenue will both compound over time with no upper limit. It starts slow then explods into completely silly amounts of money before too long, letting me quit working so I don’t get the stress, while easily making enough money to buy anything and everything. After a couple of months, I’m literally making millions a day, by the time I hit day 150, I can easily be making over a billion a day, if I feel like it.

4 Likes

All, v0.16 is out in French, featuring a return of an older Maude. I’m working on the patcher, but there are several hundred new lines of text to translate, and I’m quite busy, so it may take a while. I’ll post once it’s complete.

13 Likes

I do apprecate you doing this
It is a good game, and I would not be able to play in french

Here’s a first cut of the patcher for v0.16b. There’s still a bug in v0.16b where Maude’s 20th birthday repeats for a few weeks - that’s in the base game and I’m waiting on an update on that for final testing.

Usual caveats apply:

• Don’t have your locale set to a Japanese one.
  • Get v0.16b from itch
  • Make sure it works in French
  • Unpack this patcher and follow the ReadMe to change it to English
  • Start a new game!

patch-poc-v0.16b.zip (321.5 KB)

5 Likes

This probably goes without saying but should we start a fresh game? or does loading saves from 0.15 work?

edit: oh also general question, is there any benefit to starting on normal/hard? Like any unique content gated behind a normal/hard start? Otherwise I think I’ll start easy (I suck).

Ooo, more importantly. I downloaded the french game, I opened it, it ran.

I ran the patcher, after reading the readme.

Now I go back and run the game, I get:

Full traceback:
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py”, line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\main.py”, line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", “.rpy”, dir, fn, initcode)
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 751, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 572, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\parser.py”, line 2864, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File “V:\Cestdelatarte-0.16-pc\renpy\parser.py”, line 215, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode(“utf-8”)
File “/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py”, line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xbb in position 1: invalid start byte

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren’Py 7.3.5.606

Wed May 19 01:25:15 2021

alternatively, any chance someone can just post a copy of the game that’s already been translated? It’d only be like 90megabytes…

Start a fresh game - it’s the last bullet point I posted.

There are events that only happen in the tent/studio, so you’ll miss those if you start on easy, but other than that I don’t think so.

I’m not sure why your are getting UTF encoding errors after patching. One other user had this problem in the previous release.

Can you open each .rpy file in the game directory in Notepad, and check if it is UTF encoded. The first few bytes of the file should be in hex EF BB BF which is the UTF-8 marker. In Notepad (at least on Windows 10) it should say “UTF-8 with BOM” at the bottom right.

If you find one that isn’t can you then check the original copy the same way: so if the file is script.ryc, check script.rpy.copy. If you find a mismatch, let me know which file(s) are involved.

It’s possible the problem is with Windows 8 - they didn’t get their UTF-8 act together until Windows 10. Or it could be a locale problem (it needs to be not Japanese or other non-English/European language - if it needs changing also reboot). Or the problem can start in the unpacking - try 7zip if you’ve been using something else.

Failing that an English version will be on itch once the logical bugs in v0.16b of the game are addressed by the author.

Ah my bad. My locale was set to japanese, I didn’t remember ever doing this, which is why I just assumed it wasn’t so.

Having that set incorrectly made all the new scripts come out in ansi instead of utf8 I’ll have to do it over again after rebooting back into english locale

EDIT: EDIT: I thought my body part multiplier fix made it in but it didn’t. I got confused which version I opened up.

In other news I was one of the people who had encountered an issue due to the utf-8 japanese locale stuff. And I actually discovered why it only became a problem long after changing locales instead of immediately.

I had updated Java only after having the locale changed for over a year. I didn’t make the connection until I played Fetish Master and a certain character combination was interpreted as two japanese characters. I had updated Java to play the new backwards compatible version, but the character error was appearing on older versions that I never experienced it in (and had played since changing locale).

1 Like

That’s good to know, thank you. Curious that the locale when Java was updated/installed would be captured in that way. Was changing locale back enough to fix it or did you have to re-install Java as well?

How do the questions at the start of the game matter? favorite drink? guilty pleasure? what you spend your free time doing? what did you inherit from your mother? when you look in the mirror you pay the most attention to? your parents always encouraged you to? before leaving home you spent a week? (I am pretty sure I know what “what did you absolutely want to take with you” does).

When you do something that matches a start of game prompt does it give a bonus mood or something? or does it like determine just starting stats instead?

edit: Oh, also, what foods make cheeks/limbs fatter? my cheeks are getting thinner and thinner even though the rest of me is growing, there must be a key food group I’m missing.

3 Likes

Early questions all bias where you gain and what your starting weight is.

1 Like

Does everyone end up with their cheeks so thin and limbs that their limbs become “skeletal” even as your breast/belly/butt grows and grows? is it a bug? or is there something I’m doing wrong? (I do tend to lose weight for the first week or two, then gain for the rest of the game… because you start off poor)… maybe limb weight… once lost… can never be regained ever? is that it?

Or is there a specific weird food I never eat like kebab or beignet that boost limb fatness?

Yeah I had to reinstall

1 Like