A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français)

I can translate French to English if there is a desire to relaunch this game.

There’s no new French content to translate unfortunately.

Yeah, that. Parvinjaan did discuss plans with me to do more, but I think that all went out the window when this year went from bad to bonkers for many. Personally, I’ve been thrown totally off course with the English rebuild/remake, due to living right near in NYC. I’ve sat down multiple times this month to get back on track with work, but it’s… not something I’m able to do right now. I hope that changes tomorrow or the day after that, but at the moment, all I can say is that I really want to do better with the remake than I am.

8 Likes

I know that feeling. I really feel like my creativity’s just gone at the moment, and that’s probably the case for a lot of folks.

1 Like

I only have one complaint and

Blockquote that’s that there isnt a very clear way to tell how close your friend is to death by malnutrition.

Agreed. However, the game creator isn’t on these forums (hence the “unclaimed” tag). You may be better off posting this on the creator’s Discord.

hey I forgot If i asked before but can some one help me I can’t really get anywhere with out getting bad health

Try to drink a bit of water and to eat some fruits regularly and your situation should improve.

thanks could you also tell me how to gain weight? I just keep losing it despite eating to full bars

ok I did both and I still get wellbeing bundle of nerves and health Bad

For the wellbeing I would advice to read some books like a novel, or go take a walk in the town sometimes. Then after, this game is pretty slow so you’re supposed to see the improvement with the time if you keep these habits. And to gain weight you can actually go after the bar (until it says you can’t eat anymore) so this can help, but if you get beyond this stage at the end of the day (by eating a big thing for exemple) you’ll end up sick so you need to be aware.

When you’re sick, do healthy things and rest, you’ll recover fast.

well I managed to keep good health but I’m stuck at nervous
I jog in the morning read a book work for a bit eating before work

ok can this game bloody work. I eat to bursting and suddenly I still loose weight I’m trying to gain weight.

It don’t work like that, chief. You gotta keep the bar just above 3/4ths full, otherwise you’ll get sick.

well I tred that kept the bar above 3/4s but not full. still lost weight.

I had a lot of success playing the long game, usually filling up to about 110% each day. Health is the most important in the beginning and when you are finally able to make a good wage from working (~300+ cash each shift). Also keeping your friend alive is important too so any extra cash you might have at the beginning should probably go to her if you want to see her content later on. After you have a comfortable amount of money you should be able to start to splurge on other things like fattening yourself and your friend.

The game takes patience and is extremely unforgiving at the beginning, but it is honestly a much safer option to be healthy while you get yourself into a better living position before starting to put on weight.

It’s been a while since I last played and i distinctly remember playing on easy, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Though if it is your first time, I definitely recommend the easier difficulty.

1 Like

@Silent_Songs - this has been covered many times in this thread - please go back a read earlier discussions about how to proceed.

I managed to get it know if only I keep work out the balance on wellbeing

This thread is massive so kind of hard to check if this has been answered before. Is this an active project and is it really only at 12% completion or something? Did the virus slow the progress of development?

Top-right there’s a magnifying glass (between the discord icon, and the burger menu) - you can search in topic. Or just press <ctrl-f>. There’s really no need to keep asking the same question that’s already been answered in considerable depth (answering it again only makes the thread longer) and could be regarded as not keeping to the improve the discussion rule.

The development “pause” started before Christmas, so not virus related. More I do not know. Obviously @jarlewski has commented on his progress above.

3 Likes