A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français)

I translated it before I played it though, so I knew how it ended before I’d seen the other parts. And, yes, you’ve reached the bittersweet end. If you’ve looked at the scripts then you might suspect there will be more of these side-stories. I feel they add depth to the game. I think it’s best though if Parvinjaan writes what they are inspired to write; Maude’s story has a lot of heart to it.

I’ve played the game and have reached the point where I’m max size and basically have infinite money, but I’ve never encountered anyone named Maude. How do you unlock her story?

@banana17000 Are you in a brand new 0.14 run? I encountered her before day 7 starting fresh.

@dingotush Yeah, I agree, it’s well done. That’s a part of why I got disappointed, I think - I got invested enough to pin my hopes on a particular outcome.
It’s a great start to fresh, additional narratives. It does really help flesh out the world, which feels very necessary in a game like this. When population shaping (pun intended) is a part of the game loop, I’m glad to see it.

Yeah it’s 0.14, I don’t remember encountering her at any point. Where do you encounter her? I thought I was thorough in going through everywhere.

I’ll see if I can find it again. Pretty sure it was electing to walk to destinations around town.

I changed my travel method to walking and encountered her, that’s what I get for changing it to bus early on. Thanks for the help!

Sure thing. YMMV, but most of the new stuff - namely your influence on the town - seems to be the most visible while walking. Because it’s difficult to prompt, I haven’t vetted busing or biking in the same way, but I’ve seen half a dozen new events while walking that I don’t recall from previous (~0.12) iterations.

3 Likes

IDK if part of it is the translation, but the 0.14 writing feels too heavy-handed for my taste, like there’s less showing and more telling going on. There’s still some good content, though it also feels spread more thinly than when I started this thread.

1 Like

Honestly I kind of agree. Some of the scenes are a little too on the nose for my liking and run on a fair bit.

Of course I don’t speak for everyone here, but I’m glad I’m not alone in this regard. ^^;

Now that I got this working, I noticed my character’s skin has turned translucent - anyone know the reason why?

I try to be as faithful as I can to the original material, which does contain what I regard as many run-on sentences. However there are some where I just have to break them up if it’s to make any sense in English. My French isn’t that great, so any improvements are welcome. You can run the patcher against the pre-patched download to generate the mapping files then make your own edits and re-patch if you wish.

1 Like

hi can i ask a question about maude there are two end i have end about maude go to university how can i reach the other end

how do you become the queen? i assume it involves buying the palace right?

I became queen during the first year of gameplay. To be queen, you need to win the election by having enough fans and smarts(?), then have enough fans to force an election to have you become queen.

Did both of these with 200k fans while still living in an apartment

As for maude questline, it is interesting that you can go the whole game without seeing her if you immediately buy the bus transport and never go walking. That said you’ll probably be visiting the gym a lot to at least stay healthy. So you could theoretically finish the queen and mayoral stuff before meeting maude. I’ll have to test this out later to be sure.

1 Like

huh good to know but dear lord this Palace is 8 bloody digit’s god DAMN ain’t no way i am getting that any time soon even with a auto clicker lmao

Could set the autoclicker, then walk away from your computer.
You can ALWAYS walk away from your computer. It’s a beautiful day.

No, there’s only one end. Unless you count refusing to meet up with her.

Maude’s events fire on certain dates - you can’t delay it.

I’ve been getting the “It had to happen” death quite a bit, even when I’m at full health and wellbeing, and nothing I can do will change it. Anyone know why?

I think there is a gameover state for just having a high enough bodyfat%

i actually did though. I only just found out about maude once I sent my daughter to university, and now i triggered her questline, but for some reason everything is crashing now. Kinda weird. Also yes I also became queen, enacted all the relevant laws to make my people bustier and heavier, and bloated rachel to about 228 glasses of water.

3 Likes