A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français)

Just a heads-up for those waiting on an English version of 0.14 - I had cataract surgery on Monday and it’s going to be a while before I can spend much time working at a screen. Right now I can’t even really focus to play the game (or any game - unless it’s on my housemate massive TV). On the upside I may finally be able to benefit from the fact that said TV is 4k.

19 Likes

I hope all has gone well, friend.

2 Likes

Is there anyway to still get 0.13 in english?

Yes, though not fully translated, there is a special link on the 0.14 page that takes you to a custom designed 0.13 translate version. It is, as I said, not fully translated and does have code errors in certain interactions like mayoral things and parental things, along with swimming.

Anyway you could link it cause i cant find it?

This is mostly a modded version that is to let you choose if you want to be male or not. Some patch fixes have been done recently (so I’m going to need to update the game on my side). English version is selectable in options but it starts in French.

3 Likes

I’ve a new English language patcher for 0.14. This was done while I was feeling a bit rough from surgery, so I’d welcome any improvements. I’ll be getting a clean version over to Parvinjaan later so it can be put on the itch page. But for the impatient there’s this:
[redacted]

NOTE: There’s a bug in the original French version that breaks a chain of events.
[redacted]

It has so far, thank you.

10 Likes

Yeah, how do I get the patcher to work? I keep clicking on the .jar and it’s asking me to pick a file to use.

@Parnash: There’s a read me and associated images in the download. Or read earlier parts of this thread.

"I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 2073, in script
[redacted]
NameError: name ‘agemaude’ is not defined

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 2073, in script
if [redacted]
File “D:\Downloads\st\1\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File “D:\Downloads\st\1\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File “D:\Downloads\st\1\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File “game/script.rpy”, line 2073, in
if [redacted]:
NameError: name ‘agemaude’ is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren’Py 7.3.5.606
C’est de la tarte ! A piece of cake ! 0.14
Sat Oct 03 21:32:08 2020"

I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc/game/screens.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xbb in position 1: invalid start byte

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py”, line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\main.py”, line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", “.rpy”, dir, fn, initcode)
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 751, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 572, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\parser.py”, line 2864, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File “D:\Program Files (x86)\Cestdelatarte-0.14-pc\renpy\parser.py”, line 215, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode(“utf-8”)
File “/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py”, line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xbb in position 1: invalid start byte

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren’Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Oct 03 19:00:56 2020

My bad. Her age isn’t initialised when the game starts. Try:
[redacted]

1 Like

That’s a windows locale problem, likely caused by changing locales to run Japanese games. You’ll need to change locales back to a Western one and start again from unzipping the original French version.

I can’t get the .jar to open, PERIOD. I can’t get to step 1.

Okay, don’t panic. So it’s asking which application to open the .jar with.

Step 0: Install Java

2 Likes

Already installed, still not working, nor when I direct it to use Java.

Look, I’m in considerable discomfort from eye surgery this week (see above). I’m not prepared to remotely diagnose PC problems for someone who sends uninformative one line descriptions of a problem, most of which are variations on “it doesn’t work”, and one of which includes ALL-CAPS shouting.

Either work out why your Java won’t open .jar files yourself or just wait for the patched version to be uploaded to Parvinjaan’s site.

16 Likes

The pre-patched 0.14 English Windows version is now available to download.
Note that this does not contain the script workaround mentioned above (I’d recommend doing it).

13 Likes

@dingotush thanks for all you do man, it’s great to not have to play this with google translate supplementing my tourist French.

Christ, that Maude line isn’t at all what I was expecting. I mean, it’s good, I had fun - until that fucking ending - but it wasn’t anything near where I wanted it to go. It’s a fantastic piece of new content, but geez…

Spoiler heavy thoughts & dreams: something where she can stay in town (and likely not get so big) either because we make the town nice before she is due to leave for university, or because we can afford to have her live with us/on our dime. Maybe I’m getting lost in the weeds, trying to backpedal on a game about making women fat, but Maude is described with such potential that it feels a little wasted to just see her get generically big, to the point where real life difficulties arise. Kind of a bummer in an otherwise pretty lighthearted game. Note, I’m writing this right as she gets in the taxi. If she makes a reappearance, I haven’t played far enough/dug through the code to see for sure.

3 Likes

ta for making a patcher
(and the debuggin :D)

3 Likes