Abducted! A WGHFY Story (V4 out Now!)

Day 40, just crossed 200lbs on an empty stomach after stuffing every day. Is this working as intended?

1 Like

As in, you’ve gained weight without eating anything that day? Including food you’re given while wandering?

I mean, stuffing myself every day via Stasis Fridge.

1 Like

Oh, I think so. You automatically fall asleep after choosing the Stuff Yourself option, so your stomach will be empty since you’d be looking at it the next day. I should probably change that to make it a bit less confusing.

1 Like

My weight suddenly dropped down to 1 pound after falling asleep watching TV and one of the aliens bringing rolls, which gave me an immobility end. If it matters, this is after a day spent wandering around in the halls until my stomach was full. This was in V2.

4 Likes

also can i just say i saw the credits and was in tears for seeing my name there? Thank you very much. ;w;

2 Likes

I finally found the glitch behind the couch immobility issue! Turns out there was a duplicate function just laying around that was messing with the weight

Here is a patch that fixes that and rebalances a few other things I thought weren’t quite right.

WGHFY V2.1.zip (161.7 KB)

Edit: No wait, nevermind. It’s still broken. I’ll try and look a bit further into it to see if I can find the bug.

3 Likes

How can I eat the apple? I like apples.

2 Likes

playing the latest patch, it’s still giving me the immobilized by couch error. this time, it says i weigh 1 pound

1 Like

Yeah, I finally found the cause of the error. There was a tiny typo in a specific event in the Doctor’s office that was causing issues. It should be fixed in this patch.

WGHFY V2.2.zip (161.9 KB)

I also added a tiny little extra secret.

3 Likes

Missing text when this event occurs, current weight was at 281.01 lbs at the time that the bug occurred.

1 Like

Found the cause of the glitch and solved it.

Since the glitch isn’t particularly game-breaking, it’ll be resolved in the next update (Or patch, if more bugs are found)

Thank you for pointing it out.

2 Likes

Another one. Weight was at 754.50 lbs this time. I’m assuming this was the immobility flag.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I have a bad habit of putting down colons since I only recently switched away from Harlowe.

Here’s a patch.

WGHFY V2.3.zip (161.9 KB)

3 Likes

The eternal dilemma, do I download game now so I can play it when I get a free moment, or wait the 2 nanoseconds it takes for Somchu to pump out more content…

Real talk, love this game and kudos to the speed of updates.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I don’t plan on popping out anymore updates or patches for this game tonight. Unless some big glitch that breaks the game is discovered, of course. Everyone’s progress should be safe… For now.

2 Likes

You are a godsend! You manage to make amazing content without making it a book or too repetitive. On top of that I love your premises. Looking forward to more!

2 Likes

Got this error message around 300 pounds. 314.something or other, I think.

This is wonderful so far! Looking forward to all the future updates!

Ah dang, I was kinda hoping no one would notice that bug until the next update.

Here’s a patch I slapped together just in case. All it really does is fix the treadmill flavor text, so it isn’t totally necessary if you wanna keep going with your current runs.

WGHFY V2.3.1.zip (161.9 KB)

4 Likes

A WHAT story? WGHFY?

1 Like