Abducted! A WGHFY Story (V4 out Now!)

WG HFY. HFY being a genre of Sci-fi stories that show off some trait(s) that humanity has that makes them really neato (Hence “Humanity, Fuck Yeah”). Usually it’s just humanity being badass and stuff.

In this case, it’s Humanity’s ability to store energy in the form of fat. Hence Weight Gain HFY.

I’ll be honest, this isn’t actually that much of an HFY story. But I had come up with the idea for this idea when I randomly thought “What if I make a HFY story… But add Weight Gain?” one day. So here we are.

EDIT: Also, I didn’t have anything better to name it.

4 Likes

I have NEVER heard of HFY stories. XD
That’s a hilarious acronym.

2 Likes

There’s a subreddit full of em called r/HFY. It’s pretty good.

1 Like

I feel like the stuff yourself option needs to be nerfed a bit or have consequences. If you just wake up and and choose stuff yourself everyday you can get to absurd weights in minutes.

2 Likes

Funny enough, stuffing yourself actually one of the slower ways to gain a lot of weight quickly (at least in terms of lbs per in-game day). However, I am planning to rework the Stasis Fridge in the next update that should make it less practical to just sit by the fridge and stuff yourself every day (though you can still do that if you want, it’s just not an infinite food supply anymore).

3 Likes

seems good, I will play it.

2 Likes

another somchu banger! looks really good so far and i’m really excited to see where you take this! that epilogue tho

idea: different shower scenes based on weight? i feel like if my 700-pound character is having trouble with alien doorways, they should be having trouble with alien showers too. or maybe the alien showers are just really big, i dunno

also hoping for more scenes with dr. halessie cause, uh, heh, i like her

haha an apple a day i get it

3 Likes

so how do i get things to happen, just get fat?

2 Likes

Define “getting things to happen”

Ok, so I finished a new update this morning. However, I was hoping could come up with something else to add on before I released it, so I held out on posting until I got home from work.

I couldn’t think of anything that wouldn’t take too much time or change the gameplay too much for this update, so the only really big addition to this update is a new Wandering Event Chain.

WGHFY V3.zip (164.3 KB)

2 Likes

got this while i was wandering around a couple times

1 Like

Oh shoot. And here I was hoping I had broken my streak of broken major updates.

WGHFY V3.0.1.zip (164.4 KB)

2 Likes

Immediately decided to stuff myself from the ridge, haha.

2 Likes

Nuts, I forgot to double check that part.

Edit: Here’s a fix. There may be another glitch in the same event, but I can’t confirm it without an extensive test. I’m pretty sure it’s fine.

WGHFY V3.1.zip (164.3 KB)

3 Likes

Error with the mechanic vent event at 450lbs+, also I wasn’t sure what to do to get the new wandering event to trigger cause I played through the whole thing and didn’t encounter it.

“panelha” now exists.

WGHFY V3.2.zip (164.3 KB)

2 Likes

After reaching ~520 pounds stuffing myself with the fridge gives this error.

2 Likes

Brackets are my arch nemesis.

WGHFY V3.3.zip (164.4 KB)

4 Likes

Found another issue when you stuff yourself while already overindulged.

2 Likes

This may or may not fix it.

WGHFY V3.4.zip (164.4 KB)

3 Likes