Abducted! A WGHFY Story (V4 out Now!)

Yeah, it’s fixed, thanks for the quick response!

2 Likes

what is the highest weight that has any effect?

1 Like

At the moment, the highest weight you can get up to before reaching immobility is 749 lbs. However, if you don’t bother trying to get out of bed/off the couch, you could theoretically keep on going indefinitely.

4 Likes

Just played through the most recent version of the game, and I am very impressed. This is very, very well done, and I can hardly weight for the next update.

If I may ask, are there any plans to add more random events to the wander around option? It didn’t take me too long to work my way through all of the existing random encounters, at which point they started repeating to a rather absurd degree. The doctor gave me so many pastries one day that the PC had to go home and sleep it off.

3 Likes

It’s not a glitch, it’s a feature!

In all seriousness, I do plan on updating the game in the future. However, I am also currently working on another game in an effort to figure out how to make newer and more complex mechanics. Such as customizing the Character’s height, and making it so the player’s BMI corresponds to their height, among other things.

As soon as I come up with new events to put in the game, though, I will work on adding them in.

6 Likes

What is the appel for?
After some point it can be eaten but nothing seems to happen afterwards (except a message from the researcher in the scence).

2 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, I think it’s basically a joke item. You know the saying:

“An apple a day keeps the (alien dinosaur) doctor away!”

5 Likes

I do wonder will the character stay gender vauge or will that be added later?
I will their be proper experements? like I know the aliens are studing the whole fat build up but I can’t them not trying to find ways to affect it or how to use the weight. hell it could even have a fun transformation angle if your so inclined

2 Likes

I have a few ideas of how the aliens may use their newfound knowledge in the future. But for the moment, that will likely be something that will be in the realm of a potential sequel game. For now though, that is a long while off since I’d like to polish my abilities before I tackle making any sequels to my games.

That said, I wouldn’t mind helping anyone out who wants to make any games in this setting. Seeing this universe outside of text-based mediums would be pretty neat.

As for the transformation thing, that’s not really my thing so that’s probably not where things’ll go. I prefer to avoid things that I’m not into, so things will likely stick to the more vanilla side of WG, though perhaps aliens will try to look into ways to take advantage of the adorable little living batteries that inhabit Sol.

7 Likes

well I did say if your so inclined

2 Likes

I’ll just list any errors I find here for now, editing this comment as I go. Sorry to be a bother.

• In the prologue, you say “want to like” instead of “want to live”
  • I’m actually way too tired to go bughunting right now. Maybe tomorrow. Whatever.
3 Likes

Merely curious, what sort of fat/wg-adjacent kinks are you thinking about including in this game or others?

3 Likes

I’ve never really been great at coming up with specifics, especially when it comes to fetish-based categories, so I guess only time will tell. However, things will likely stay fairly vanilla since I am a very basic kinda person when it comes to this kinda stuff.

3 Likes

Question: The amount you eat in a day is supposed to affect your stomach capacity, right? Usually what I do is eat until looking in the mirror gives me the “cartoonishly round” text, then I go back to the fridge to stuff myself since that provides maximum weight gain (from what I’ve found so far, anyway). Yet even when I get to the higher weights, it doesn’t really seem like I’m able to put down any more food than before? Like, it seems like it’s always 5 things max (minus energy bars and pastries from maintenance workers) before I have to stuff myself because the sixth thing causes me to be too stuffed to do anything at the fridge. Unless I’m just dumb and doing something wrong, is it supposed to seem like stomach capacity goes up so slowly it doesn’t feel like it does at all? Or is my method of cheesing faster weight gain keeping stomach capacity from actually going up?

EDIT: I didn’t think about this before as the way the save menu is threw me off from trying this (not blaming you for that, as I’m sure that’s just how the thing is and this game is my first experience with it), but after save-scumming it, I realize I might have been a little to quick to jump to assumptions on how it works, as it definitely feels like my character is able to eat more now. Sorry! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Alrighty, I was writing something up to explain the stomach mechanics in play. I figured I may as well still post it for those interested in the code under the game’s hood:

With the way I programmed it, stomach stretching only really kicks in when you go over your maximum capacity which, in the code, means going into negative values. Normally food coma kicks in at around x-0.25 your stomach’s capacity (So -2.5 at your starting capacity). So if you eat until you reach food coma, you are guaranteed to have stomach stretching. However, with careful measurements and cheeky strategies, you can use easily take advantage of this system to eat as much as possible each day by getting as close to overstuffed as you can, then eating something really big (such as by going to the doctor).

The game also takes note if you eat little to nothing in the game, and will shrink your stomach accordingly. This mechanic was somewhat haphazardly slapped on for no particular reason other than to have it, but I may try to look into ways to find a gameplay usage for this for future games.

5 Likes

Yoo, that’s actually really interesting! So does stuffing yourself at the stasis fridge add on to (or, I suppose subtract from) that value as well then? I imagine it would but I have no idea how it does, if that is the case

3 Likes

Using the Stuffing Yourself option is actually one of the less effective ways to stretch your stomach, since it will fill your stomach to exactly the Food Coma point and no higher. However, one of the last updates changed the fridge around, so that there is a set limit to the amount of food that is in the fridge. That means that if your stomach capacity is high enough to eat all the food in the fridge and have room for more, then you will be able to eat more and go about your day.

This change acts as a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, it means that you don’t have to click nearly as much at higher capacities, since you can just skip most of the clicking by stuffing yourself. On the flip side, it also sets a limit to how high your capacity can be, since the fridge now only has a limited amount of food, and you have only so many actions each day. Especially at higher weights, since certain milestones increase the amount of “energy points” (of which you have 15 as of the latest update, though it used to be 20) you spend on each action.

4 Likes

That… actually makes sense in retrospect. Though if that is the case, the fact that your character gains weight a lot quicker if you stuff yourself after eating to nearly being stuffed would probably be an unintentional effect of stuffing yourself.

One more question: do you have to be a certain weight to meet the doctor for the first time? Or is it just a random slim-chance event that can trigger a single time at any point while playing?

3 Likes

Yeah, the event that gives you access to the Doctor becomes possible to get after you reach 144 lbs. It was higher in the first version or so when she was implemented, but then I decided that I should bring it down to the first WG stage.

5 Likes

Really liking the game so far, especially visiting the doc while already too stuffed to eat much else. I did notice a couple of things along the way.

Turns out stuffing yourself leaves stuff in the fridge intact, and the stuff yourself option is still available. I can see this getting ridiculous, and I’m currently working my way up to the point where I can possibly stuff myself eight times to see if that gets rid of the option finally.

Exercise doesn’t seem to take away stamina, it just goes on for as long as you want to. Set up an autoclicker, and you can watch yourself go from close to immobility all the way to below your starting weight in a day. Weight doesn’t update until you rest, which I’m assuming is intended.

Visiting the doc while literally fatless can still bring up the measuring event, which still describes you as pleasantly squishy. I know this is just because there’s only one variant for all weights, and not many people would even want to lose weight in the game, but it’s still a little ridiculous.

3 Likes