Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story)

Seconded. Personally, the messy eater or sweat options currently in the game aren’t always my cup of tea (though I’m glad they’re there for people who like them), but secondary slob elements like burping (especially paired with a sloshy gurgling belly) are definitely appealing.

6 Likes

This isn’t feedback to be used, but it strikes me as vaguely amusing how it’s implied that the main character has only one set of clothes and seemingly no opportunity to clean them.

5 Likes

And your hosts offer no replacements once they’re outgrown. Like, we know the aliens have a conception of clothing, since the doctor changes outfits in some scenes…so they should be well aware of how, uh, naked you generally are :joy:

4 Likes

I think I missed something with repairing the UMP. I went to the party and mingled with the guests and got told about fixing it up, and I got the powder, but nothing else seems to make progress. I thought visiting the Doctor or calling her over on a house call might do it, but neither of those seemed to be it. Perhaps I’m missing something obvious though.

Really loving the extra content otherwise! Can’t wait to see just how big the player winds up getting

6 Likes

How do you get the powder? I can’t seem to find it

1 Like

Hey there,

Not necessarily missed anything regarding the UMP (You did the right thing by going to her office).

You however do need the NPC gained (potentially) from the lull between the treatment and unlocking Zone 2. If this sounds even remotely familiar, just show the spoiler (You may have already done it, just need to know) You need ABBI “completed” So you when you check your messages from ABBI. Unless you get told ‘No new urgent messages’ It means you still need to chat with her more/check your mail more. If you already have this npc and already did everything in the spoiler, let me know cause its broken somehow.

Let me know whatever it turns out to be, so I can try and streamline the time between Treatment and Zone 2 (I tried to leave enough time so that it was practically impossible to miss them, but it may not be enough)

4 Likes

In Zone 1 (Lab) If you have seen the “you see some sort of experiment going on through one of the windows in the lab” event. There is a chance you get invited inside.

Once you meet the tech there (Your first visit) The second/third visit should trigger the powder.

IF that is that issue you run into please tell me. Since you will still need to meet the other NPC from the lab (Not the tech) by visiting more. If you didn’t do much wandering after receiving the treatment, let me know as well. I tried to design enough time that those things happen during that lull between the treatment and unlocking Zone 2

3 Likes

I was checking out zone 2 mostly, didn’t really go back tp the lab much since I wanted to see what was in the new zone

3 Likes

Oh was this a file you already had by chance then? You loaded it up and unlocked Zone 2 etc

Nah, it was a new game save

3 Likes

Alright, I most likely need to add more time in-between getting the treatment and unlocking Zone 2 then. But yeah, just wander around Zone 1 triggering the event I mentioned, you will meet 2 npcs and get the powder. Then just mess around the NPC that ends up in your room. (You need that done already for the final step).

EDIT: @uijptoyydrhjzsziyu Since you already know about ABBI, they are one of the NPCs, the other is the serpent dude.

2 Likes

Ok, meet 2 fellas in the lab and mess around with ABBI until something happens
Thanks for the help man :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@FlabTepes I dunno… you really would need to be a full time resident to even consider that :3c

@tshaot @FlabTepes Consider it done (Its now on my to do list)~

@Lundar @FlabTepes Yes I agree. It is quite odd. But they also might just enjoying looking at all you beautiful people to fair! (One outfit is currently planned at the moment)

4 Likes

You are really on top of everything, thank you!! Definitely appreciate the work you’ve been doing and the time you take to field suggestions. It’s been nice :blush:

Also: oh, it’s :3c, huh? I’ll be looking forward to it. Maybe all the friends you’ve been making along the way can put their heads together and help with designing and decorating something suited for you, as a big surprise. Especially if you ever get a special role on the station. They love their new resident human, after all!

3 Likes

It sounds like the problem is I never encountered ABBI. I tried loading up an old save just after treatment, and this time managed to get the scene where they’re delivered to your room. My first time through that little transition between treatment and unlocking zone 2, I never got the scene. It does seem a lot rarer than others, so maybe you want to force it to proc before unlocking the new zone so that you can’t miss it?

3 Likes

I believe getting the scene where ABBI is delivered is dependent on her remains first appearing during a interaction in the human artifact lab, much like the way you obtain the AutoMeal powder. Still, I know even getting asked to help in the lab is pretty RNG dependant every time you encounter it.

That said, I am fuzzy on the particulars and I could be overlooking a situation that could prevent the delivery from proc’ing.

2 Likes

I’ve played a long stretch and have yet to see either of those scenes. The RNG needs to be reduced.

3 Likes

@noneexpect @madone I most likely will go that route since many people are missing it. I am not sure if people are using the stuff yourself feature and skipping days or I got blessed with good RNG, when I tested it I ran through the pre chapter 2 unlock with ten characters and never missed it.

But ultimately its my fault for giving the player a clear ‘unlock’ goal. I am designing with the idea of not wanting players to be actively seeking any single goal in particular.

So its definitely has gone against my design direction I am taking the game. The idea of just wander and let things happen as they happen. As I described with this quote

I like RNG/random events for Text-adventures. So my goal and drive when adding new details and events is to just be ‘you win by hitting the wander button’

Ill most likely go back to describing the ‘broad zone/part of the game that is most current’ compared to being like “Hey this thing is here somewhere, go find it” Also streamlining the current issues we have discussed. Sorry everyone, thanks for the feedback.

5 Likes

funnily enough, i’ve gotten pretty much all of the new events, barring the ones with the snake guy outside of repairing the UMP. on another note, my character’s finally reached over 2,000 pounds!!

5 Likes

I’m worried I missed something - I got ABBI/ADDI and unlocked Zone 2, how exactly do I fix the UMP again?

5 Likes