Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story)

Zone 2 wander ->Event Hall->Mingle->Experiment Lab Help Event->Doctor’s office->Check mail the next day.

4 Likes

No need to apologize! It’s all part of development in progress.

Honestly, I think we’re at a point of complexity where there’s going to be some tweaking of elements like that for the sake of setting player expectations to be more in line with your intended design, so its better to start considering it now going forward, instead of after a ton more has been added.

Maybe a compromise in quest design, to preserve the feeling of some things being off the beaten path?

Certain major side quests that gate a lot of content behind them (i.e. ABBI, who is key to a lot of other important interactions, including the message system) could probably automatically unlock and proceed if you get far enough without discovering them on your own, as @noneexpect suggested. Maybe these automatic triggers could go off of days advanced, zones unlocked, or general weight progression, depending on what’s appropriate?

But, for non-time-sensitive side activities and smaller little quests that don’t have a ton of dependencies with other content, I don’t see much wrong in just letting them require more persistence and a little luck with the RNG.

The only complication I see there is a need to potentially write scene variants if a player discovers anything way later than originally intended. And that does conflict a bit with your need to save some labor, since you talk about the player’s general size and other circumstances being expected to advance in-step with chapter progression, as an example. I’m going to guess a side quest written for one chapter might not go down exactly the same way if it were instead discovered a couple chapters later, or if it would feature the same player descriptions, depending on the level of detail originally included in the event.

(Edit: I suppose there’s also the possibility of some minor events being totally missable past a certain point, and that’s okay too! As long as they don’t break anything).

Not being so explicit with the goals you give us might also help, as you already said. So people are more inclined to just wander and discover.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was my fault for letting players start the quest before having ABBI. Was an oversight on my part for a few reasons.

• (My test results were forked it would seem)
  • I made ABBI more ‘useful’ and involved than I expected to this early one from when I first set her up.
  • Also got the UMP working faster than I intended,

So it just was a bunch of stuff.

Atm I’m just trying to finish the Chapter 3 transition event/quest so It can be tested by those who want to. While I get a chance to go back and change some stuff.

4 Likes

Learning experience!! Your content so far is still great and I’m looking forward to messing with the next test build :blush:

4 Likes

Funnily enough, I actually like the idea of a goal to work towards beyond just “wander around and get fatter.” Especially if the reward for that goal is in fact a new way to get fatter. Gives a little meaning to your meandering.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love self-contained repeatable events too. Like the scene with the cart in Residential. Really satisfying when you’ve worked up to being ravenous and greedy enough to finish off the whole thing. But I do think a game as inherently grindy as this benefits from one-time goals here and there. You just probably don’t want those goals to be missable.

But! I get what you mean by wanting to keep things at a simple “wander around and win.” That definitely has its strengths too

5 Likes

There should be event from Doctor Halessie or other doctors when you get too sickly thin. The remark when Halessie asks to increase your weight. If you don’t follow her advice and continue to lose weight, there should be a consequence.

4 Likes

The lack of consequence is my fault. I implemented a system to stop the player from going below a certain weight in the original version, but it turns out that it was broken and never ended up getting fixed. Hopefully the fix is as simple as rewriting the broken line of code.

3 Likes

Oh wow uh… There is an ending that is suppose to happen. Let me look at that!

3 Likes

@themastergear @Somchu

Okay I got it working now for going forward.

Please stop starving yourselves! pls

Before it happens cause it seems to be inevitable. I know some of the descriptions are missing things as well for certain weight loss routes, certain descriptors etc.

But I hope people can truly forgive me for not touching them. I know this is the Weight Loss Forum, but I am striking into uncharted territory here okay?

Also

Speedrun

3 Likes

Never! Players will always push game mechanics until something snaps. The urge is so strong that a bunch of fatty enthusiasts will let their character starve out of sheer curiosity :joy:

Edit: seriously though, I think we can forgive you for letting that stuff sit in favor of developing paths that most people are here for, lol

5 Likes

Loving all of the ideas people have for what could be implemented, but I’m also pretty surprised that there aren’t as many people talking about ADDI.

I love the different interactions the player can have with her, but it almost seems like the event variation is too few. While I’m a big fan of RNG as well, it would be interesting to see some more opportunity to let her do her thing. Never did the math on it but it feels like the ADDI stuffing event only pops up 20% of the time.

I’d love to see the Helpless Fatty / Rogue AI dynamic grow alongside the player.

Just an idea but there could be a random chance that she stuffs you for the entire day if you choose to stay in bed, along with other possible events?

Anyways, I know you probably already have a whole lot on your plate for the next update, but you’re doing amazing things with this game and I can’t wait to see what happens next!

6 Likes

Played the game, ended up immobile, and to hear there are updates coming for this already good text based game?

I’ll be keeping an eye on it ;D

4 Likes

@unknownman115 The current version listed in this topic’s top post actually already allows you to go past the immobile ending, into a new chapter! You may have played the original version of the game, which was developed by Somchu.

If you want to give it a spin, I’m sure that @ToshDragonash would appreciate anyone willing to try out test builds, as well as send him any “save-to-disk” save files generated by a playthrough.

4 Likes

Not sure if I missed this or not but we’re there more descriptions about how you look the bigger you get. I think it stopped after you were immobile. Or once we get to a certain weight does it just stop adding more descriptions? Again sorry if this was mentioned or asked already.

4 Likes

@ffviimaster2004 Currently, the character descriptions change one last time once you hit 1000 lbs, and there are no further stages after that, just yet. I anticipate that more should be added as more content is added.

5 Likes

For staying too thin I was thinking something like this should happen after when you get to the thinnest description.

After a few minutes, Dr. Halessie comes back with a set of various objects that looks like measurement tools. She begins looking you over and taking various measurements with her tools.

After a few minutes of measurements, Dr. Halessie leans down to you. “I’m a bit worried about you, . Your level of padding is alarmingly low as far as we can tell. If you don’t replenish it soon, we worry that you may end up suffering from starvation.”

Before you can point out to her the inaccuracy of her assessment on human biology, she continues. “I’m going to have to ask that you improve your caloric intake, for your own sake. Eat as much as you can, I’d like to see some improvement by the next time you visit.”

My Example:

After a few minutes, Dr. Halessie comes back with a set of various objects that looks like measurement tools, she begins looking you over and taking various measurements with her tools.

After a few minutes of measurements, Dr. Halessie leans down to you. However, she looks far more upset this time. “! Your level of padding is even less than the last time I measured you! Now I’ve kindly asked you to take care yourself at least a little bit. But it seems that your lack of willingness to eat, and running around the lab all day can’t be good for you.”

Before you can protest, the tall lizard woman picks your feather-light form up and takes you into a containment cell. The cell, while is large for a human, it’s still seems only big enough for a single bed with straps on it.
“I didn’t want to do this, but I don’t want an adorable little thing like you to waste away.”
She then retrains you in the bed and brings over a tank with a tube coming off it.
“I’ll be feeding you routinely, until your padding is well past safe range.”

You wonder what she means by “well past safe.”

7 Likes

Is there a way to get the lab cafeteria worker to serve you a meal? I vaguely remember that the start of Chapter 2 mentions that you may get a meal card in the coming (10?) days, but I may be wrong. Perhaps I slept through that day and missed it.

P.S. I love the stamina/mobility limitations, so keep up the descriptions of breathlessness and struggles!

4 Likes

@Anonymous264170 No meal card has been added to the game yet, to my knowledge. I think it was left as a vague “you’ll get one eventually”, but the only thing to unlock in the cafeteria right now is hanging out with the maintenance crew.

5 Likes

Thanks for confirming. I just realized that another option that I wouldn’t mind seeing is that if you continue pestering the worker, (in addition to the possibility of them calling security on you) there is a chance that they finally relent.

Example: Inspired by @themastergear.

Sample

You make your best pleading look, imitating a cute puppy with big eyes, a simpering pout, and arms drawn into your chest like a timid beggar. You’re no Puss in Boots in terms of adorableness, but your stomach makes a small whimpering growl to add to your performance.

“What are you doing?..Stop that!” He huffs angrily, momentarily trying to look away but turning back to you when you bat your eyes at him. He shudders, which you take as a sign of sympathetic hesitation.

“Please?” you ask meekly, bringing your shoulders up and elbows in tighter as you channel your inner Oliver Twist.

“Grrr…Alright, alright!” he throws up his arms in exasperation, “If I give you a meal, you promise that you will get out of my sight and won’t come back for another one today?”

You nod eagerly, keeping the pitiful look up.

Grumbling the entire time, he ladles out some soup that looks like concrete-colored gruel but smells divine, loads a serving of something that looks like a fish fillet but has the texture of Jello, and finishes the tray with a football-shaped dinner roll that you swear could glow in the dark. He mutters under his breath–something about losing his job or something–before shoving the tray to you in mild disgust.

Even the grumpiest of aliens have a soft spot, you note as you tepidly accept the tray with a slight bow of gratitude.

9 Likes

Fits the cute and wholesome vibe of the game, minus the extra references thrown in.

It’s funny the aliens act as soft as you become soft.

9 Likes