Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story)

Caught a minor typo during Kweht hangout time: ”Soon you have moved onto the burger and fries, his snake-life face plastered with a dreamy haze all the while”.

As much as I love living that snake life, I think it’s off by a letter :joy:

One other suggestion: Thought of this as a result of the broken weight loss path that was fixed earlier. Since chapter 2 has a clear bottom stable weight (to avoid backsliding into pre-750), maybe the game can react to a player ending the day below 775 lbs and waking up having their weight reset to that level? It might clue them in to stop if they keep trying to work it off.

I was inspired by the others, so here’s an example

“You blink away sleepiness as the artificial daylight rudely awakens you. You spent last night tossing and turning - at least, as much “tossing and turning” as your massive body would allow. You just couldn’t stay comfortable, and your soft folds were radiating a strange warmth all night.

Everything still aches from your exertions yesterday, and you’re so hungry that it feels like your stomach is eating itself. The first thing you see when you roll over is a helper robot, expectantly looking back at you with a single unblinking eye. It’s holding a small tray of pastries, fresh and steaming, covered in a tantalizing sugar glaze. They smell amazing.

Your mouth instantly begins to water, an intense, animalistic need rising up from the very pit of your vast, lap-filling belly. Moving as quickly as you can, you rock yourself upright into a sitting position. Your gut rumbles with a bottomless hunger as it rests between your thighs.

You press one hand into your soft, yielding flesh, and your mind goes blank as your other hand begins to shovel the pastries into your waiting mouth. Your chubby cheeks and extra chins wobble as you devour every last morsel. You can feel yourself moan involuntarily between bites. You’d be more polite, but you can’t even find the willpower to slow down.

Before long, the tray is empty, and your overwhelming need begins to fade. You’re still hungry, but now only the normal amount - at least, as “normal” as your growing morning appetite has been lately. An intense blush spreads across your face, embarrassment creeping in after your act of unchecked gluttony. Slowly, you rub your plush belly, letting your first meal of the day settle.

After several minutes of idly exploring your body, squeezing and pawing at your jiggling rolls, you suddenly stop. It just dawned on you: you’re softer than when you went to bed last night. You can’t be sure without getting on the scale, but somehow your body was working overtime to pile on extra fat last night. With a strange sinking sensation, you realize that losing any more weight might be a futile effort. You’re past the point of no return.

After the doctor’s intensive gene therapy, you wonder…is this just your new healthy size? It almost seems absurd, but maybe your body wants to be this big. That ravenous hunger certainly felt like a fight against starvation. Placing a chubby hand on your belly, you think about how much you’ve changed, and brace yourself for the day ahead.”

8 Likes

@ToshDragonash, it appears that @themastergear, @FlabTepes, and I are tacitly auditioning to be co-writers for this story.*

Jokes aside, I think the WeightGaming forum could use a lot more suggestions like these. These threads get people like me who are too busy (read: lazy) and clueless to show our appreciation of these games by offering what we can.

*Edit: Join the line, @Debby2C!

7 Likes

Howdy! I’m not sure if you would like additional writers; however I would love to do volunteer work with you on this project to ease your workload!

7 Likes

Ultimately, @ToshDragonash is the one running the ship, and I’d rather not step on the toes of whatever story beats they have in mind, or dilute their voice in terms of writing style. But I also don’t mind contributing ideas or even some writing effort to any less-consequential scenarios or one-offs, should it be of any welcome help.

In the case of my suggestion, I was running with an idea so I wouldn’t forget it later. Especially for something that’d be a single scene with few dependencies (save maybe inserting any optional descriptors like messy, burp, player species replacement terms, etc.)

If this gets too overbearing, please let me know. I know I tend to get a bit overenthusiastic with my suggestions.

5 Likes

Of course, of course. Very well put. Our offers are mere suggestions, to be taken as first drafts, inspiration, or with a grain of salt. Regardless of what @ToshDragonash decides to do with our two cents, what is important is that we show our support.

I believe we can never be, to use your words, overenthusiastic with our suggestions–although our inputs do pose the risk of becoming overbearing down the line. We should certainly be mindful not to overload developers with requests and careful not to be overly pushy with our suggestions (lest they become recommendations). That being said, we are flexing our creative muscles to indicate how immersed we are in the world that @Somchu and Tosh have invented, and our narrative bits of imitation are the sincerest forms of flattery.

5 Likes

I love the story thus far. May I request one thing, if it’s not too much to ask, @ToshDragonash ?

I’m a sucker for romance and was wondering if it wouldn’t be too much to ask to add some romance options for the doc? Maybe after she measures how fat you’re getting a certain number of times?

Feel free to take or leave my request, and sorry for the ping.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind words~ They truly mean a lot.

@SonicMutou There will be wholesome relationships/romance as I move along with the game. So, just need time for that one.

@Anonymous264170 @Debby2C @FlabTepes So (had/have) plans regarding a proper event submission so people can help me put events in the game.

Pretty much for this very reason on the top post

It is also the closest thing to ‘new’ content I personally can receive/experience.

So I very much plan to let people help with events. It all just depends if I already have it planned, how much is in my head already etc. For example many of the things requested, as I fully admitted are already intended. But it still helps me prioritize.

I just didn’t want to throw out the idea/outline/guide etc, as I was still still getting started, and didn’t even know how my work would even be received and still don’t. Because-

Honestly, Chapter 3’s transition quest (which is done-ish) has a VERY (imo) different tone from the rest of game at this this time. Its not meant to be a good time (Hopefully a good read though), since I am dropping the PC into the current Plot for the next coming chapter transitions. As such it is much longer than what most chapter transitions will be. Things also end up more longer than I originally intended, once I start typing them out (Like this post eyyy) So it has held me back from fulfilling many things people want to see.

People could hate it, think its cringey, I literally have no idea how people will respond. Some people may think its a lot reading. Others may be like “We waited for this?”. I’ll just be saying leave 30 mins for it, since everyone reads at different speeds, or take things slow or speed through them.

So once chapter 3’s transition is out and testable, I have a lot of things I want to go back and add and fix up, while I am waiting to see how it is received.

While this is going on Ill maybe create more ‘proper’ event submission process for people who want to try writing a scene or its outline and can start working on them.

In the mean time Ill give a VERY basic idea of what I would be looking for with event submission for anyone wants to do add to the game. (Please don’t take this example too seriously haha)

Basic Event Submission Example Test - Google Docs

So feel free to DM me / give a link to your submission for a wander event/interaction or continuation anytime. Or if you feeling really spicy you can try for a more drawn event like the hangouts.

Edit: This also applies to toggle descriptors, weight levels, etc.

I obviously will be picky, and it all depends on what I have planned already etc. (Ill shut up now and go back to finishing Chapter 3’s transition)

5 Likes

I’ll be bracing for a more serious tonal shift! I know it’s hard to say how people may react, but I at least think we’ll be going in with an open mind, considering the obvious enthusiasm in the thread for this project. :+1:

If I had to guess, do you need to raise the stakes a bit/add complications to sustain future plot developments, since chapter 1 and 2 are pretty comfy and languid at present?

…but since you also mention more wholesome content planned in the future, I do hope there’s some light at the end of that tunnel :joy::crossed_fingers:

And thank you for being so open to submissions (with an eye on standardizing things for the future). It’s rare to feel so included on a project and to see so much immediate interest from people wanting to contribute. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: also, once you have a better idea of the process, would you like us to resubmit our current contributions, or leave them in thread as they stand?

3 Likes

“Sustain future plot developments” - Pretty much that, not that it really is new info. But most content for Zones and hangout events are comfy/weight gain/wholesome. While Chapter transitions, will be a little more serious in terms of the whole new race thing etc. Chapter 3’s transition will be a little more stand alone. As I don’t expect or anticipate people wanting stuff like that.

Not really a spoiler, but for anyone who cares. This Chapter transition will be the first with minor dialogue changes / and options depending on a NPCs relationship with the player. With the release I am adding a menu to see if you are in the needed tier or not. Also the option to lower the relationship level, should someone not want dialogue related to it.

FlabTepes, you sent me your file, so just an fyi. You already are in the needed level for the NPC. Not that its really hard to do, but just so you don’t have to worry about raising it more before then.

@FlabTepes Regarding your edit about the contributions, if you want “refine” them or feel like you could make them more formal etc. Feel free to send them over, otherwise just leave them. I get the gist of everything people have posted so far.

6 Likes

I’m curious sir tosh but will there be more transformations besides the tail, anyothers planned and of course will they be selectable upoun the transition ch 2 transition? Or possibly on a randomizer?(inflation of various types, weight distrubution changes, fruit/plant tf, tail may indicate animal tf but uncertain, giantess, shrinking, other esoteric mutations etc), further will there be plotlines where the protagonist can participate in experiments that may have side effects?
My second is will there be a plotline where abbi and addi can be separated from eachother? Robotic avatars for them that help our protagonist as they deal with the effects of their changes? Their interactions with eachother, abbi and addi interactions with the aliens, etc
Will there be a character creator to handle the character’s minor details or am I over thinking
A suggestion of sorts mayhaps expand the description blurbs for the mirrors, some are good but some are not very descriptive
Ps this hound must ask, have you read the royalroad story “They are smol” it has similar tones to this as far as ive felt both out
Pss pardon my questions just very curious

5 Likes

-Transformations, most likely not. Since most feasible ones would just fall under the custom race options.

-“participate in experiments that may have side effects” Kind of? Zone 3 will be the first to introduce events with a penalty’s and bonuses. But they aren’t anything crazy like a transformation.

-I currently do not have plans to separate them. As it may conflict with future plans I have.

-Character creator and mirror should be covered by the…

Custom race and togglable/custom descriptors, I hope so at least. They will be expanded with time and as people request and help make them.

I have not read that story, I am sorry.

Questions never hurt, they also helps me brainstorm.

6 Likes

Understandable though I could imagine other ambitions fellows like you possibly trying such things admittedly
Not every day that someone picks up where another left off and add to it successfully as you have
I wonder if you ever encountered someone who wanted to work on abduction like you but focused on what I mentioned for a reason

4 Likes

Even if transformation isn’t really the focus, @cerberus, your comment did still get my wheels turning a bit regarding detailed traits on characters, as did this:

Character creator and mirror should be covered by the…Custom race and togglable/custom descriptors, I hope so at least. They will be expanded with time and as people request and help make them.

NOTE: Please take this purely as a hypothetical little brainstorm, a way of seeing how character race customization might have a more robust presence in existing scenes. It is long and I have opted to hide it to keep the post from getting too huge.

Compressed into here for length

Right now, as I see it, the most all-encompassing changes to character customization are accomplished by swapping out terms in the text via the species customization options (entering your own phrases in a one-to-one replacement of the original text). These have large implied differences in how the character actually looks, but aren’t really dwelt on by the scene or given much focus at all. You’re mainly just doing stuff like swapping every instance of “human” for something else, or swapping out your “hands” for stuff like “paws”, or “claws”, etc.

Then, there are the customizations that might seem smaller at first, in that they only add one new detail to the character. This would be the case with the tail mutation, but these wind up adding entire new sentences to the existing scenes. That same approach also applies for the sweat/messy eater descriptors, with additional description added in scenes. This means the impact of these smaller changes is stronger, since they’re actually described to the player.

I’m not a programmer (I certainly don’t know the first thing about twine), but perhaps, in the future, any alterations to the standard character in terms of customization could potentially come from a short list which would have accompanying new descriptors inserted into scenes, treated just like the tail.

If, for example, your tail “sways happily” in a scene via an added sentence, I could easily see the same applied to a set of ears that twitch in response to stimulus, also by adding a sentence in a scene.

Given the ability to insert new sentences, you might get a better presence for custom races if you could pick certain features that cover a broad spectrum of species, and have the scenes actually account for them, in the same way as they would treat any of the optional descriptors that aren’t just a term replacement. Having them pop up occasionally would really give the illusion of the player species customization being more robust.

So here’s my thought…some additional descriptors:
-Does your character have mobile ears, like an animal’s?
-Does your character have skin, fur, or scales?

In the case of the first question, it can be treated like the tail. Your ears are occasionally interacted with in scenes, or respond to your emotional state or stimuli as appropriate. They can droop with embarrassment in some scenes, twitch with excitement, swivel in response to someone calling your name, etc…I also mentioned tender tail interactions before in hangout scenes, and I could just as easily see the doctor or another friend gently scratching you behind the ears, or commenting on how cute your features are.

In the case of the second example, regarding skin/fur type:
-Choosing skin means no changes. The game goes on as normally written.
-Fur and scales mean occasionally you add different details or a new sentence. For an example, in the hangout with Kweht, when he settles his coils on top of your belly, there can be a new sentence like “he nuzzles comfortably into your soft expanse of fur”, or (if you’re a scaly type) “your belly scutes have separated during the intense stuffing, and you feel his own cool scales slide across your freshly-exposed, sensitive skin”, etc…

In descriptions of the character in the mirror I can only imagine adding a small sentence or two, the way the tail and other descriptors of your state are presently inserted into the scene.

Finally, coming back to what @cerberus was implying, regarding experiments that change the character, I think there might be a possibility for some small element of that, even if it’s only in how post-beginning customization changes are handled. Maybe as the game versions carry on, we can eventually phase out part of the bathroom option menu that lets you tweak them whenever you please.

Organically, as something that occurs in-fiction, maybe you can make a post-hoc change to a character by visiting some NPC for gene therapy, which then lets you flip on/off these specific anatomical descriptors, with a little bit of flavor text describing how your character transforms to now have ears, a tail, or fur/scales, or to even to lose features.

I honestly can’t think of an elegant way to mess with the current species customization where you swap out your terms or describe your species name that doesn’t immediately break the fourth wall, so perhaps that should be left in the non-diagetic bathroom options menu, as should the “player taste” optional descriptors like sweat/messy, which are really just preferred content filters you can activate as desired.

I have certainly spiraled on a long tangent, and I apologize. I really need to touch on the elephant in the room - the amount of labor involved. I have no idea how much work it takes for @ToshDragonash to insert new optional descriptors into scenes. I greatly appreciate him putting “burping” descriptors on the to-do list for @tshaot and myself, but I don’t know how much work adding a new optional descriptor takes, considering that it inserts new details into many different scenes.

It’s possible that adding even more optional descriptors could break something I’m unaware of, or greatly multiply the work-load. I would be happy to write some anatomical descriptions and try to identify places where they could be inserted into existing scenes, but the programming workload is entirely out of my hands.

5 Likes

Just came here to say how much I dig this game after hitting the current limit for the most part. Appreciate the option to be a dude and the optional descriptors that happen to cater to me :grin:.

5 Likes

Im glad this hounds curiosity and yakking gave some inspiration, take it at your pace good sirs, if I were a programmer I’d lend a hand but unfortunately I can’t tell up from down or 1 from 0 with that stuff
The only thing left to add besides simply pacing yourself is don’t worry about asking for help if you’re uncertain on something or lack required expertise on an unfamiliar subject, you’ve got a commuinity of people here willing to aide in what ways they can

4 Likes

Loving the game so far. I’m not going to pretend I have any idea how to talk to strangers on the internet, so I’m just gonna cut to the chase.

Happened in the ABBI puzzle. Yikes. The if all thing also seemed to change with each correct answer, but I’ve already done the puzzle and would rather not go through it all again, but the “all” was always replaced with one of the options. I also noticed I got the description for a new tail before the immobility event, and afterwards after I chose that my character already had a tail, I still had the description for if the tail was new. Again, great job.

5 Likes

Iirc the bugs in those screenshots
are fully intentional. Which makes sense, cuz the player is fixing a broken AI and whatnot.

7 Likes

I think the tail from the start option is still only partially implemented, hence the “new tail” weirdness you ran into. Low weight variants for a tail during chapter 1, as well as a unique version of the scene for the chapter 2 transition would be very welcome at some point in the future, at least in acknowledging more seamlessly that you already started with one.

Edit: Currently writing some stuff down, in regards to that. I just need to identify the number of weight stages to build up to the tail’s current starting description at the magic 750lbs.

4 Likes

Woo nelly this is a long one.

@cerberus So, turns out there is actually going to be one more transformation in Zone 3. So once we get there, you will get another option if the PC wants to some extra flavor and all that.

@FlabTepes Okay so! What’s involved… (This is for everyone’s benefit, not just yours, thus why its long too.) (Also tell me/DM me how do the compressed text, I need that in my life)

Creating a descriptor is easy and painless.

The earlier I know somebody wants something in the better. So for example, when the first toggleable descriptors were added. I has able to just place them along content as I went. Boom done.

Now for example with the burps descriptor coming, I now to have to go back and place it in where it could be useful. Which is still not really that hard or time consuming, but the longer this goes on the harder it gets.

Also retroactive implementation might be as thorough since it wasn’t in my mind when I was writing a scene. - Which is kind of why I’ve stressed people to tell me if they want one since I started this venture - Its sort of ‘speak now or forever hold your peace sense’

Now in terms of the custom race stuff…

It follows the same exact logic. HOWEVER is much more ‘involved’ because of the sheer number of varieties involved. (kind of). As you said for skin type, texture, color, etc. These are all easy as hell when it comes to examine self/mirror. Such is why I created the custom descriptor, with this very idea in mind. Cause you can literally type in what you want, as extra details for your character.

Once you start breaking it up and implementing, not terrible still. But the issue being ultimately me trying to please as many people as possible. For example, sweat - works for both custom races and humans. Where a custom race item, only works for them.

The tail I made into an exception, because of two very simple reasons.

1. One of the safest please all transformations/details.

When I added it, I cited D&D Tieflings as an example.

‘Meaty’ tails are common ground when it comes people’s character interests. People like demons or aliens or furries(scalies) or W/E. So it gets mileage from not just one specific group. So it makes sense to me, for it to be there.

1. Breaking into new territory with this logic here - Muscular/skeletal tails carry fat deposits irl etc, Its a thing, it’s what we are here for, so I believe it pleases a sizable minority.

I am sure some people wish I didn’t spend those 60 mins on it, but really at that point…

Long story short! The more toggle stuff I add, the more I need to write per scene etc.

Once I post the next update (Should be less than 24 hours) Ill be a making a streamlined. Contributions guide, about what people can do for me to be helpful etc.

@sasuga20000 I am truly glad you are enjoying it. I know some people want to play as males, and was pretty much painless to do~

@memes I am happy you love it so far, The ‘new’ tail description is fixed in the next update. I also somehow how forgot to add it the weight stages before that. Which is also fixed. @FlabTepes There are 8 stages leading up to that. Two very basic descriptions cover those.

7 Likes

Oof, I am sorry about the can of worms I may have opened, regarding late implementation. Honestly, the idea hadn’t occurred to me until that moment, so I’m sorry I didn’t submit it earlier.

Past a certain point, I know it will definitely increase your writing load. I tried to consider a few vague descriptors that could cover hundreds of species (pleasing the most people, and all), but I fully understand if that’s outside the scope of your intention going forward.

Honestly, if you’re gonna have one feature that gets more attention in the writing, I figure it’s best to lean into the one you care about most, and can please a lot of people, and that you can do a lot with: the tail in this case. It’s honestly the one that appeals to me as well, so maybe I’m biased :joy:

As far as retroactive work goes, and once you get the new contribution guide in place, please know that I am always happy to help identifying spots to place new descriptors in old scenes, along with writing lines suited for them, if that’s at all the sort of help you’d be looking for! :+1:

I figure - seeing an optional feature mentioned in even a few selected scenes or wander encounters in each older zone would probably do the trick for the illusion of customization, and I could aim for that target.

Also, regarding the comment by @memes , you beat me to it! I had already written four separate mirror descriptions for the first four-of-eight tail stages as I gained more weight in a new playthrough, with the intent to submit them to you when I completed them all. That said, two basic ones is probably the safer and far more sane bet, instead of having to rewrite it for every single weight stage.

As for hiding text - just hit the gear icon on the post box! There’s the one called “Hide Details”, and it’s right above “blur spoiler”.

Looking forward to the new update. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes