Ai Dungeon. A somewhat infinite text based game.

In my personal experience, getting a coherrant, specific story is very luck of the draw when it comes to the AI, so expect to “reroll” fairly often with undos. Even with the remember/pin command, the AI will simply choose to ignore what you put in it at times and try to introduce some new story element, which wouldn’t be a problem if it didn’t often deviate heavily from the original prompt if unchecked.

Hell, my last story was about my character being a fat, giant rat king that was invited to a ‘fight’ with an old man, which was actually an invitation to waltz with the man, and ended with the rat basically being gifted a girlfriend afterwards. So um…hopefully you can get used to how unhinged the AI can be – I just try to roll with it at this point with the occassional reroll.

I’ve noticed, lol. Some of the stuff it comes up with is just strange. It seems to have a lot of trouble keeping characters straight, as well. It also seems to have an odd fixation on boning its close relatives.

I feel like this would be like gaming with a DM high on a 50/50 mix of ecstasy and LSD.

1 Like

If you change what is said By the AI a bit you gain more control of it, I found that doing that helped the AI create a coherent story did that with a few of my rest with a character being fattened by a succubus and found that the AI with a. Bit of rerolling and some edits was able to create a cohesive narrative and remember certain things. Like my bosses name I mentioned once. Pinning doesn’t work for shitt but reminding the AI tends to help it

1 Like

Yeah reminding the AI of things and editing what it says tends to help it become a bit more concise

1 Like

My feeling is that the ‘World Info’ keywords work better for keeping static details straight than Remember/Pinning but that might just be my imagination. I leave Pinning for more fluid details like current events, location, and objectives.

It is definitely best approached as an interactive/collaborative story writing experience with the AI as your partner rather than as a game. Despite the flaws I’m having enormous fun with it. It is far from perfect but its surprising how well it copes with any story prompt I throw at it.

1 Like

Made a thread to share created scenarios: AI Dungeon Scenario thread

3 Likes

I’m experimenting with seeing what sort of effect the world entries have compared to the Remember function, as well as a way of avoiding the character limit of the latter.

Any luck with that cause I’ve just put information in with story mode and have gotten better results

I’ve just discovered the Dragon AI knows about fandoms, I mentioned Naruko Uzuamki (Cause I like Fem Naruto fanfics) and suddenly it brings up Sasuke Uchiha and the Uchiha clan, and being the last survivor of it. that is actually pretty cool.

1 Like

Oh yes, the AI is apparently very well versed in the concept of existing intellectual properties. I personally wonder whether it’s because the devs specifically trained it on the most popular (or at least known to them) intellectual properties alongside the other stuff, or if it does some sort of brief, internal internet search for more specific terms that it doesn’t know.

Either way, you can indeed live out your fanfictions with this sometimes working AI to your heart’s content – no other people needed~ uwu.

1 Like

I think it just generally knows pop culture since it requires Internet to run right (I downloaded the app). So it is interesting what Ideas I can come up with I’ve got a warcraft story Idea, and I wonder what you can do with halo, or Harry Potter as well and i’ve done naruto already. so It is interesting it’s fun breaking the AI

Was trying a 40k story, but it went a little weird pretty quick.

Perhaps you forgot to turn on the Gellar field?

Well, I do worship the Chaos Gods, so it’s not really a problem for me…

Then I fail to see the issue.

Because even a Slaaneshi thought that was kind of weird sh*t.

It doesn’t look anything up while you play, it uses the internet to connect to the actual AI doing all the work, since 99.9% of people don’t have computers/phones good enough to host the AI itself.
It only really knows pop culture stuff because they practically fed it the entirety of Wikipedia during the model’s training.

2 Likes

Interesting, I wish they had fed the wiki for these popular series more then just a general wiki but I’ll take what I can get, still pretty cool

You can train your own model on those. GPT-2, what Griffon is based on, is public.

1 Like

GPT-2 unfortunately won’t compile out properly for me on a mac, even though I am using the CPU option instead of cuda (which is NVIDEA specific). The tensorflow component is the issue.