Ai Dungeon. A somewhat infinite text based game.

Yes it would be cool.
I just reseted the whole thing because it was very confusing.
I hope we find a good preset

after some changes to the model, i’ve noticed the AI has decided to ignore 95% of my world info 95% of the time. I dunno why, and the creator claims he’s fixed the “faulty backend changes”, but it still sucks for me. anyone else?

1 Like

So I’ve been playing around with it and the Dragon AI is real good though it’s limited without direction. I am almost 100 percent sure it’s API has a basic tie to either Wikipedia or google since it knows what a feedee is without being taught.

I’ve found that if you want concepts for it to focus on you need to just post them in the remember section since it’ll pull that data as a priority. Fat fetish content is real easy to get started but can really sound like a 16 year old fan fic if you aren’t specific enough.

I’m toying around trying to get it to remember and record measurements but it really isn’t liking the specifics so I’ll probably need to wait until they make a more official character generator which is planned.

yeah i feel like it should really prioritize your character. recording items and appearances and states. sometimes it will just swap me with the character im talking to and i go from queen of Lariat to servant with a single sentence :confused:

i dont know it seems to pull up some very specific and obvious fetish material. i doubt a bot would talk so fondly and in so much detail of feet unprovoked if it wasnt learning from people. or the creators have some secrets lol

Make sure you use “you” to describe yourself as much as possible. That will make sure the AI always knows who your character is.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know how much the model learned from the internet, but it definitely doesn’t permanently learn anything from us playing the game, which is the point I mentioned. One of the things the dev had mentioned at least once was that they curate what they feed into the AI, to prevent it from learning too many spelling and grammar errors, and that any fetish stuff it knows was built from whatever they stuffed into it.

Judging by that time I was doing the contributing thing where you label potential quests in people’s stories and having to read half the elementary school-tier stuff people write, I’m absolutely glad they don’t feed people’s gameplay in.

Also to add to moonslash’s suggestion: don’t be afraid to slip some stuff into the Remember field to help the game remember who you are and what you’ve done. As long as you’re fairly diligent with the Remember box, the game rarely swaps you and other people. (Definitely still mixes other people up pretty often on the normal model, though. I miss Dragon.)

1 Like

Seriously, a lot of people’s stuff was like:

hit the dardgon with the sord
fuk, i mean dragon
hit it again
hit it again
hit it until it dies
fuk the princes
godaMMIT THE GIRL PRINCES NOT THE BOY
FUK U AI
FUK U AI
FUK U AI
KILL THE KING
KILL THE WORLD
BECOM GOD
KILL EVrything dead

4 Likes

The game just updated today with a world building feature. I have no idea how well this will effect things but I’m definitely going to be testing this out.

1 Like

The feature has existed for awhile, you can just now edit it in an adventure instead of having to create a scenario to access it.

I could be very wrong (I frequently am) but I do think this is different. Specifically because the scenario “memory” is listed like the remember feature while the world building tool is a different layout. You give tags to a specific entry so the AI knows what to reference when key words are used.

So far I’ve noticed a more fluid reference to things I’ve tagged but I could just be imagining things. The real test will be if I can get it to quote me measurements for a person I tag in the world builder.

Here’s hoping it works.

Can confirm measurements are not a thing it can understand. It gets If X then Y language but not straight up inputs which is maddening tbh. I think it has to do with the randomness part of the AI.

1 Like

I wish they’d let people pay for a partitioned off portion of the AI you could teach stuff too. Would be incredible to see what results you could get.

1 Like

You can train your own ai with the same base they do. Here is a walkthrough where google gives you the computer power needed. Google Colaboratory

I just tried this in proper and figured out you can brute force the AI to do what you want by changing some of the answers it gives, you can force it to do what you want and alter the story as you wish, and if it tries to end the story, use the story option to create a new plot line to continue the story, like an Anime almost. I actually didn’t even need to mention weight at one point to become fat, I had inferred I did by actions I was doing. It was pretty funny to me, also Discovered the Mobile app is alright, but drains the battery of your phone fast.

I found if you keep the iOS app open for a while it slows down to a crawl. The site version doesn’t for me.

I’ve been mucking about with this thing since yesterday, and to be honest, it is kind of pain to use. Definitely going to read that game guide, but if anyone has any advice on how to use it (and end the AI’s various… fixations), I’d be happy to hear any and all of it.

Been trying to use GPT-2 but having trouble getting it up to run on my mac. Having problem compiling the tensorflow component to use just CPU and not CUDA.

In my personal experience, getting a coherrant, specific story is very luck of the draw when it comes to the AI, so expect to “reroll” fairly often with undos. Even with the remember/pin command, the AI will simply choose to ignore what you put in it at times and try to introduce some new story element, which wouldn’t be a problem if it didn’t often deviate heavily from the original prompt if unchecked.

Hell, my last story was about my character being a fat, giant rat king that was invited to a ‘fight’ with an old man, which was actually an invitation to waltz with the man, and ended with the rat basically being gifted a girlfriend afterwards. So um…hopefully you can get used to how unhinged the AI can be – I just try to roll with it at this point with the occassional reroll.

I’ve noticed, lol. Some of the stuff it comes up with is just strange. It seems to have a lot of trouble keeping characters straight, as well. It also seems to have an odd fixation on boning its close relatives.

I feel like this would be like gaming with a DM high on a 50/50 mix of ecstasy and LSD.

1 Like