Ai Dungeon. A somewhat infinite text based game.

Make sure you hit ‘done’ in the top right after you change the settings? I know i forgot to do that after making some changes before.

EDIT: Never mind, it’s a story setting thing so that doesn’t apply. Not sure why it doesn’t keep the setting for you. I can’t remember, maybe it’s a premium feature?

One more thing.
I figured out that AI creates further story based on what you dumped into it. So overclicking the “redo” button can easily spoil the pace of an adventure.
So for me the main tools are “story”, “say” and “do”. Trying to be descriptive also helps a lot.

For example instead of saying " You see as she waddles to the fridge in attempt to snatch some snacks from it" try out “You see as she waddles through the corridor straight to the fridge, which white boxy silhouette stands proudly in your apartment’s kitchen…”.

Yeah, pretty much like this. Surprisingly, AI is good with understanding some high-tier writing, not just Ooga Booga stuff.

1 Like

Ah, that reminds me of another tip if mine; try giving the AI incomplete sentences if you find it giving too many random responses; I find that can help keep it from straying as much and encourages it to build on what you’ve typed.

Cheddar I will try that. I found that every so often the AI goes off in left-field and outputs a line that has no semblance to the content given to it. The AI once it does that seems to get lost and redundantly repeat variations on that sentence.

yeahhh, don’t let those pass or they’ll fuck everything up. if you keep getting really unsatisfactory responses for an input u could just try what cheddar does or u might consider what i usually do and edit the response to be more to your liking- the AI will latch onto what you write, so do be sure it is 100% to your liking.

1 Like

The most important tool to use for a WG Scenario imo is the /remember tool. If you put down stuff about your weight, who you are, gender and all that, the AI becomes pretty consistent with what you put in. You can even put in other characters name, and the AI will weave those characters in in the future, even if you didn’t prompt it to.

But the AI is miles better over what it used to be outside of that. I’ve encountered way less looping, less plot diversions, and no longer does eating food make my character vomit almost immediately. Hope that the third person mode is improved in the future though- I tried using it and the AI immediately went back to calling them “you”.

2 Likes

It looks like right now they’re looking into training the ai for characters better. Hope that leads to improvements

3 Likes

yep! seems like they’re getting help from contributors to improve how the ai handles characters, actions, and quests… exciting stuff! : )

When was free multiplayer added? Maybe we should organize a game.

multiplayer is atm extremely fucky. you’re supposed to be able to make it only output third person stuff so that the story maintains cohesion but I’m not sure that works very well. even with Dragon it gets pretty silly, especially with more than two people, and it seems to have some weird issue with merging or mixing up people’s actions. it’s great if u essentially just want a group talk to transformer session to laugh at but not much more than that currently… which is probably why they made it free.

1 Like

Those who play on the Dragon model, do you feel any differences from the GRIFFIN model?

I’ve had good results. Dragon seems to be significantly better. Sometimes it comes up with followup text that actually surprises me with how great it is. Most of the time it’s just pretty good, even if it’s not giving me exactly what I’m looking for. There are times when it does a crappy job. But even when it’s doing a crappy job, it still mostly feels like it’s doing a better job than GRIFFIN.

Especially after experiencing some of the experimental models they were testing a little while back, GRIFFIN feels to me like it does a shallow, crappy job nearly all the time.

5 Likes

Quality of generation on the relevant topic weightgaming.com also at a high level?

I’ve actually experienced better quality content for stories involving weight gain than I have for normal fantasy stories, but that could just be luck since I’ve got like 20 weight-gain-related stories, and about 2 non-weight-gain-related stores.

2 Likes

For the time I used the free trial, I can definitely say YES, the dragon model is lightyears better than the standard model for both normal stories AND lewd ones. It was practically magical how weirdly good it is, I’ve intentionally laid the seeds of a story I want, then just let it run forever and the whole story ended up being really great.

5 Likes

COME ON COMMUNITY!!! lets pull together and teach this AI to feed everything it sees!!!

2 Likes

That’s not how this AI works, it doesn’t learn from the community.

4 Likes

Makes sense for it to not learn from random people since, knowing the internet, the bot would have been ruined in mere hours, probably turned into a meme-pumping machine or something, I dunno. Still, it’s actually extremely amusing reading through the posts in the topic and seeing how deep and intricate this “bot roleplay” is. Certainly come a long way from stuff like “Cleverbot”, huh?

I think the AI personally won me over, though, when I started off one story as a lizardman, and then about 100+ lines later it apparently remembered that info when it mentioned my character having scales when referencing their physical appearance, and that was without the /remember command. I’m actually interested in seeing how things go next time around now that I’m aware of some of these tips given – very useful information for sure!

6 Likes

Yes pls, now the multiplayer is free
https://aidungeon.page.link/?link=https://play?playPublicId=cef2e5f1-81ea-4da5-a461-7bd75810bb64&ofl=https://play.aidungeon.io/play/cef2e5f1-81ea-4da5-a461-7bd75810bb64&apn=com.aidungeon&ibi=com.aidungeon.app&isi=1491268416
here

Is this your rp you’re trying to start with everyone or what I’m a little bit confused at the moment