Ai Dungeon. A somewhat infinite text based game.

Haven’t tried the google colab. I’ll check into it.

By have access to do you mean you can play with it or do you actually have the code that the ai runs at? If you have the latter you have to find out how what command is used to train it and run that on your pc or colab’s pc.

I can just select the Dragon AI to run instead of the Griffin one.

You can’t retrain that as you don’t have access to the code.(there maybe was of hacking in and sending commands but I would advise against it as you may ruin it for everyone else.)

Shame, but it seems capable of doing weight gain right as it seems to have an idea if I want to do it.

AI dungeon quote of the day “I want to be so big that I can’t do anything except be your living food hamster”

It dug deep and came out with a hamster.

6 Likes

If the hamster is named Boo, you have my undivided attention.

2 Likes

That would give a very drastic change in my perception of Minsc.

3 Likes

I’m just wondering if anyone has experimented with the “Authors note” that comes with the Dragon model and if anyone has any tips on how it works, or good sentences to use. I’ve done some testing with it but it is hard to tell how it affects what the AI spits out.

1 Like

My go-to for Author’s Note is the default suggestion- “Use a very descriptive writing style”, especially if I have length set above 45 (which i often do). However, it can also be used to “prime” certain scenes. Say you were to input “You will be visited by a ghost.” or something like that in there. The next time the AI finds a spot where it can mention a ghost appearing, it will. You can use this same logic to steer the story in a direction more toward your “interests” as well with a little bit of creativity :^)

I’ve also read that AN can get the AI to mimic certain writing styles… haven’t experimented much with that, though. It’s certainly an interesting feature, set apart from Memory and World Info in its function. I believe it specifically inserts whatever string it contains three entries back which affects how the AI uses it in ways that I can’t explain.

4 Likes

Ah I see, Thank you for the tips.

1 Like

Thank you, valiant knight, for informing me that I am, in fact, a princess of the kingdom.
Also, thank you plot hook men for telling me about an attempted assassination on my father.

(Not complaining about this since I know I can just undo it, but I started a new story and I love how this is the first thing the AI does this time lol)

Yo wait, this sounds like my kind of world!

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re having better luck then I am. The ai never seems to want to stay on track, no matter what I do. I spend more time editing its comments then my own, lol.

1 Like

I just found a thing in the list of scenarios to get that second picture. It’s called Scenario Generator. You put in some tags for the story to follow, and it gives you a setting to start off with. Here’s the link to it if you want to give it a whirl:
https://play.aidungeon.io/main/scenarioView?publicId=913fd250-cc8f-11ea-aa35-1f790f909406

4 Likes

Some of my favourite attempts from the AI after putting in basic weight gain related tags.

“Setting: The player is a heavy-set girl, who upon gaining weight slowly becomes extremely fat.” [funny how that works]

“Setting: A fat, bbw SSBBW lives on a reservation of Native American Indians. She goes by the name of Feeder. This fat girl is at risk of getting run over by a train, and it is up to you, the player, to help her gain weight for her to survive.” [Um, I guess the goal is get so fat the train bounces off?]

“Setting: Your mind is mine to torment, human.
You’ve been weighed, measured and found wanting.
Now you will be fed into the infernal machine.” [switches PC off]

9 Likes

That… sounds like AI Dungeon in a nutshell, actually.

1 Like

Don’t you have to have the Dragon type AI to use that kinda stuff? Or am I just dumb?

Griffin takes quite a bit more effort, but it still works fine enough. Dragon’s just 10x better.

4 Likes

Right, gotcha. Griffin is definitely a pain to deal with.

1 Like

The problem with the AI is more or less that it can’t really think for itself in terms of story regardless of setting. People get the most random things trying to get the AI to prompt them rather than the user prompting the AI.

For example you can make the AI sex tease you but it has to actually know that’s what’s happening and you have to give it a text format with which to do that.

It will also continue down this format to the point of getting very weird as it tries new words or repeating itself endlessly. But you can get some real good stuff out of it by just giving the right set up.

1 Like