Ai Dungeon. A somewhat infinite text based game.

It has a problem maintaining genders and pronouns as well.

4 Likes

It depends on your AI version, the amount of characters, and how well you have edited the world info and memory stuff.

What it commonly messes up is who should be saying what in a long term generated conversation.

I also believe one of the issues it runs into is that it pulls common language and phrases from the archetype of a character. For example you could have an evil mom that hates you all written out in the world info. But if the AI generates a new scene suddenly your mom is really nice asking about your day like a normal mom would.

The AI also has trouble remembering bits of the basic setting, I’ve noticed. I selected fantasy setting, and gave it a rough outline of the story.

Short version, the PC’s Grandmother, who lives in a distant village, owns and runs a bakery. She had an accident, and your Mother asked you to help her out. You agreed, travel to the village and start working for Grandma. And, as you might have guessed, over time the PC becomes really, really fat.

Well, despite selecting Fantasy as the setting, the AI cannot keep that in mind. At different times, it tried to have me hail a cab, call for an uber, check my cell phone, order pizza, watch TV, etc.

3 Likes

Part of that is likely contextual or due to AI randomness. I prefer setting my randomness a bit lower so it sticks with what I’m feeding it no pun intended.

I’d also recommend adding fantasy world info or story context, that should help reinforce it.

1 Like

“Fantasy” doesn’t 100% always mean medieval, and the AI can and will fill in every gap you don’t fill yourself. I’m talking things like if you don’t tell it not to name the world-ending dragon “Brittany”, there’s always a chance it’ll happen. Heck, I’m sure they’re totally okay with the AI making mistakes like calling an Uber, because it’s funny.

To get it to avoid mentioning things like that, you have to really flesh out the world info (and explicitly tell it you mean medieval fantasy) as best you can; the more detail and random info you give it, the less it needs to make things up and the less likely you’ll get odd surprises. If you don’t have access to the world info settings, you’ll have to settle for the Remember field.

3 Likes

I love when out of nowhere it just does something like “You wake up the next morning and head to work.” Right in the middle some major event occurring lol.

1 Like

At least it seems it doesn’t do that nearly as often anymore, and the month I used Dragon it never happened.

Did that once to me, AFTER it described my character as “immobilized by weight.”

Yeah. Even with Dragon it seems to forget things it just said and ignores the rules you’ve laid out for it. Like in the “remember” portion you can explicitly put when x happens y happens. Then in the gameplay say x happens and then the AI will just output something seemingly at random.

1 Like

well the ai only remembers a certain amount of inputs back (the amount can be changed in the settings) and ive heard that if you give it to much world info/stuff to remember it will start forgetting some, though i cant find confirmation of this. One thing you could try is turning down the randomness in the settings menu.

I just ran into this info on formatting of world info on reddit. I’m not sure how widely known this is and I haven’t yet tried it myself but I thought it might be of interest to other AID tinkerers

AID-World-Info-research-sheet (GitHub)

7 Likes

This is an amazing link, thank you for posting that. I’m very interested to see how much can be accomplished with using JSON formatting. The game for sure knows what a fat fetish is and many of the things associated with that.

2 Likes

Ok so I’ve read through it and this has some real interesting stuff. JSON like writing can help in some ways but is not actually needed to produce results in world building. That said it’s a fuck ton easier to format and if you just want to copy and paste then it’s legit the best thing you can do.

Also this is a site that helps you build worlds with it: https://aid-world-builder.ey.r.appspot.com/

I’m also seeing that you can get measurements with this style which is interesting but will need testing to see if it works to show weight gain over time.

I’ll test this over the next week or so and see what happens. I can say that just messing with the author’s notes is enough to really get some interesting results provided you are using Dragon.

4 Likes

If you use the above just lump all your descriptive pieces into one trait called Appear but keep it short IE “long black hair”. You can separate descriptive things by using commas.

Anything with specific numbers you want it to remember just make a new trait for it.

2 Likes

I think the AI works based on a hybrid of ‘high fantasy’ (medieval-styled) and ‘urban fantasy’ (more modern, but with magic and fictional races). I’ve had it mention cars in the same prompt/line as a castle and/or king.

It doesn’t work based on anything, it has a lot of training data from basically everything and doesn’t know if it should or shouldn’t mix them, unless you fill out the world info manually. I don’t think the devs want the AI to limit what it gives you, anyway.
It’s only mixing cars and castles together because you haven’t told it that cars don’t exist, or you haven’t told it well enough.
(Plus IRL, castles and 𝚔̶𝚒̶𝚗̶𝚐̶𝚜̶ queens exist at the same time as cars, so that example might not be the best, heh.)

It still has trouble keeping genders straight.

You can force it to remember things pre-emptively by saying something like: “remember [blank] is [blank]”, or remember [blank] doesn’t exist. It might work for genders too like: “remember [Character] is [aspect]” etc.

1 Like

When you use the aid world builder do you just upload the .json to the world info, or does it go somewhere in the scripting windows? If you don’t know no worries, I’ve been trying to experiment with the aid world builder and I think it helps? It’s at least fun to mess with.

Ah. It can be frustrating, though, since it requires you to have foreknowledge of how it works. When I first used it, I had no idea what I was doing, and even now…it’s still a pain to try and write something cohesive. The only ‘given’ I can think of is that, if you modify something, then use the ‘Duplicate’ option, you can copy the story exactly, including any world info and /remember details you added.